2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread

Machinator

49 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Can't wait for that UCLA/MSU game tonight.  

UCLA-  good talent, but missing our best player for most of the season (Chris Smith) and the mysterious loss of one of our big Jalen Hill (personal reasons- whatever that means).  But ZERO elite talent.  Our one 5* recruit decided to go the G-league Ignite route (Daishen Nix).  We lost 4 straight to end the season, with each game having AT LEAST an 8 point lead in the second half only to choke.  We aren't as good a defensive team as we need to be under Cronin.  And Kentucky transfer Johnny Juzang is super hot and cold.  We can play with most anybody (had a second half lead on Ohio St), but we can lose to anybody.

tl;dr: who the fuck knows.

but @Wally Fairway and @Baboontyme can lick my taint.

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

I feel like live betting this year is going to be much more fruitful with covid. Lot of roster changes are going to be happening I feel like. Especially in h first 2 rounds. 

I've already changed some picks based on the OU and GT news. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Did you go from "OU sucks and I'm picking them to lose" to "OU really sucks and I'm picking them to lose by a lot" ?

I thought I had picked OU but I did not.  But now I double didn't pick them! 

3 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

UCLA-  good talent, but missing our best player for most of the season (Chris Smith) and the mysterious loss of one of our big Jalen Hill (personal reasons- whatever that means).  But ZERO elite talent.  Our one 5* recruit decided to go the G-league Ignite route (Daishen Nix).  We lost 4 straight to end the season, with each game having AT LEAST an 8 point lead in the second half only to choke.  We aren't as good a defensive team as we need to be under Cronin.  And Kentucky transfer Johnny Juzang is super hot and cold.  We can play with most anybody (had a second half lead on Ohio St), but we can lose to anybody.

tl;dr: who the fuck knows.

but @Wally Fairway and @Baboontyme can lick my taint.

speaking of taint lickers, how'd those Bruins do the last couple of weeks?
can't wait for tonight, and the first of 7 wins in a row for Sparty (except they forget how to score about every 3 or 4 games)

Go Green!!!

1 minute ago, Wally Fairway said:

speaking of taint lickers, how'd those Bruins do the last couple of weeks?
can't wait for tonight, and the first of 7 wins in a row for Sparty (except they forget how to score about every 3 or 4 games)

Go Green!!!

Let's hope they forget how to score in their 3rd game of the tourney

Just now, Hornlover said:

Let's hope they forget how to score in their 3rd game of the tourney

one game at a time !!!
beating UCLA tonight will be like beating UM in football - as all their fans live in the past, and love to tell eveyone about all their championships from decades ago (okay - centuries ago for UM)

Go White!!!

• Rage+1 1

Thanks to @Wally Fairway and @Baboontyme, I am now a Bruins fan**.

I love March Madness. It's definitely more compelling when Texas is involved. Hopefully, this will still be the case come next weekend.

Didn't take long for Texas Southern to erase that 10-point halftime deficit to Mount St. Mary's.

** I keed, I keed.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to 2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread (all but Texas games)
6 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Pete Carril thinks there's been too much scoring, though.

Or Jim Phelan, to be a bit more on topic for the evening.

Years ago I covered a game they played at Robert Morris. He was a really awesome guy and gave some great quotes after the game, a real gentleman.

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Like 1

• Machinator changed the title to 2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread
  • immamac unpinned this topic