2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread

Machinator

10 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Terrible officiating

Brian O'Connell is consistently frustrating to me. 

One time he completely fucked up some game and I referred to him by name on Twitter (not his username - wasn't summoning him or anything) and generally talked shit, and then out of the blue six months later he liked it at 4am.

Smug fucker. 

Screenshot_20210319-225504_Google.jpg

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
Fuck Brian O'Connell in the goatass.
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Brian O'Connell is consistently frustrating to me. 

One time he completely fucked up some game and I referred to him by name on Twitter (not his username - wasn't summoning him or anything) and generally talked shit, and then out of the blue six months later he liked it at 4am.

Smug fucker. 

Screenshot_20210319-225504_Google.jpg

I don't trust any of them Mick refs.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Man, AT&T Lily's ballooning up.  You hate to see it.

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

shes always been thicc

She’s preggers..., but those titties are filling up with milk nicely though. 

Edited by Droopy
Tits.

6 hours ago, Pancho said:

Fucking tOSU fans. Just fucking trash people 

I've talked like that about a college player. It was Baker Mayfield though...

Liddell played his ass off for them...while he was hurt.  Guess the folks forgot about the clutch 3-bomb he also hit.  Hey Liddell... I know of  a guy who is fair to middling on leveraging transfers.

Edited by slorch

15 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

it's over!!! Oral Roberts wins!!!

15 hours ago, achooloco said:

Fuck Ohio state

15 hours ago, Fletch said:

Yes!!!!!! Fuck you Ohio State. Fucking trashy ass state 

Fuck yes! Fuck the Cuckeyes, fuck their honor and in fact, fuck that entire meth addicted State! 

AEAD00ED-C1F1-429F-9538-B76563DBF3D1.jpeg

8C9A6D46-10C0-4F47-814C-CA9C8DE9380A.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Considering he is the lowest paid coach in conference, respect here

They misspelled:

“School has said he is declining bonuses for this season as a show of good faith to the NCAA in hopes that it may reduce or eliminate penalties it originally levied against the Cowboys last summer and for which Oklahoma St is still awaiting a decision on its appeal “

30 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

They misspelled:

“School has said he is declining bonuses for this season as a show of good faith to the NCAA in hopes that it may reduce or eliminate penalties it originally levied against the Cowboys last summer and for which Oklahoma St is still awaiting a decision on its appeal “

Yeah I’m not sure those two are related.  It’s certainly possible, but from what I’ve seen of Boyntons character it seems pretty genuine and he had absolutely zero to do Evans bullshit.  There was no competitive edge regardless and from what I’ve seen the dickhead did it all on his own and often in a deceitful way.  SCar got probation for it so I expect us to as well.  

Now I could see Boynton doing this both as a character expression as well as betting on or buttering up OSU for a massive pay increase/contract.  Others are going to come calling.  

1 hour ago, UTexasFight said:

They misspelled:

And, of course, the ultimate irony is that we may actually play the Coach responsible for the sanctions - who had zero repercussions from them - in the Sweet Sixteen.  Fuck Brad Underwood. Fuck him up his stupid ass. 

36 minutes ago, slorch said:

They'd kick their asses if it was football. EW vs KU

That's like bragging about (insert name)'s ability to beat up a corpse. Actually, that is bragging about (insert name)'s ability to beat up a corpse.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’ve got no problem rooting against Kansas basketball, but one consolation would be if all big 12 teams advanced to the 2nd round. 

I will never have a Big 12 sticker on my vehicle. I give zero fucks about the rest of the Big 12. Texas is the only team I care about in our conference.

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I will never have a Big 12 sticker on my vehicle. I give zero fucks about the rest of the Big 12. Texas is the only team I care about in our conference.

I hear ya but those of you black/white on this seem to discard that there are 50/50 circumstances where conference perception can tilt the odds into your favor...CFB Playoffs, seeding in the NCAAs, hosting a regional, etc.  Hell it appears computer rankings this year for March Madness took that into account heavily with love for teams like tOSU, Purdue and MSU early high ranking.  

42 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’ve got no problem rooting against Kansas basketball, but one consolation would be if all big 12 teams advanced to the 2nd round. 

In football I ducking hate it when any other team in the conference does well except ISU or maybe WVU. Or Ok State if I’m feeling super charitable and we’ve beat them recently. In basketball I’m fine with conference having success but if I’m rooting against someone in conference (other than Baylor bc they are evil) it’s Kansas. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

46 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

And, of course, the ultimate irony is that we may actually play the Coach responsible for the sanctions - who had zero repercussions from them - in the Sweet Sixteen.  Fuck Brad Underwood. Fuck him up his stupid ass. 

Why will Underwood not suffer any punishment for stuff that happened under his watch at Okie Lite?? 

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Why will Underwood not suffer any punishment for stuff that happened under his watch at Okie Lite?? 

Great question.  He made the hire, and was directly supervising him. NCAA probably get the overall osu administration wasn’t supervising his activities...one situation I’d read was when Evans called a player to his hotel room, ostensibly to talk game plan only to find an agent sitting there.  Players trusted him.  

1 hour ago, Homercles said:

Yeah I’m not sure those two are related.  It’s certainly possible, but from what I’ve seen of Boyntons character it seems pretty genuine and he had absolutely zero to do Evans bullshit.  There was no competitive edge regardless and from what I’ve seen the dickhead did it all on his own and often in a deceitful way.  SCar got probation for it so I expect us to as well.  

Now I could see Boynton doing this both as a character expression as well as betting on or buttering up OSU for a massive pay increase/contract.  Others are going to come calling.  

Yeah, it’s a nice headline, but not much on the long run since he’s about to get paid. It better be by us because I love Coach Mike and will be devastated if he leaves because he either prefers the east coast or if Chad Weiberg turns out to be a cheap bastard, which I can’t imagine would be the case. We struck gold with a young guy who nobody knew sitting on our own sideline. Pay the man his money!

Edited by 'stache

So I was looking at which games are on which channels. The earlier games on trutv make sense as none are a real ratings draw. But for the prime time, did Texas get out there because it IS a draw and they want prime time numbers, or because Texas basketball doesn’t get viewership in the tournament?  Or is it something silly like randomized that would make zero sense to cbs/paramount that shells out billions for the rights?

30 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Will yalls liver be able to make it until 9pm?  

On my 2nd breakfast beer.  I'm gonna head home to recharge the laptop and watch the early games before going hard in the paint for tonights game.  

• Machinator changed the title to 2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread