2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread

Machinator

So the Big 12 remains unbeaten? There's been some tight ones, including this 50/50 matchup between Mizzou and blowU.

Me thinks the difference is composure. If you'll forgive the drama, the teams that advanced to the tournament were forged in a crucible of intense competition. They've learned to keep their heads; close games won't faze 'em as easily as it might others.

Let's hope our 'Horns are just as well prepared. Even better, let's hope they jump out big from the start and coast to an easy W.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

So the Big 12 remains unbeaten? There's been some tight ones, including this 50/50 matchup between Mizzou and blowU.

Me thinks the difference is composure. If you'll forgive the drama, the teams that advanced to the tournament were forged in a crucible of intense competition. They've learned to keep their heads; close games won't faze 'em as easily as it might others.

Let's hope our 'Horns are just as well prepared. Even better, let's hope they jump out big from the start and coast to an easy W.

It might be the booze talking but let's hope we just fuck their shit up

1 minute ago, BluTechsan said:

What happened to the notion that one of the "1st four out" would be a stand in for a team that couldn't play?

That expired on Tuesday. 

Side note: BYU has a shitton of Black guys.  Looks like fucking Compton High School out there. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Would have been hilarious if they gave that guy a flagrant for poking him in the ribs

That was a bullshit acting job by the Gonzaga dude. If you double over in pain over something like that and it’s ruled non-flagrant you should get hit with a technical foul. 

2 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

If you’re a ref and you’re trying to move on to the next game at the tournament, you don’t leave anything on the table.  if it’s close, they gonna go even if they know they won’t upgrade.  Taking a look if you can is better than not taking a look when you could have.  Sucks for viewers/audience but...

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

If you’re a ref and you’re trying to move on to the next game at the tournament, you don’t leave anything on the table.  if it’s close, they gonna go even if they know they won’t upgrade.  Taking a look if you can is better than not taking a look when you could have.  Sucks for viewers/audience but...

In a perfect world you'd give the other guy a foul for acting like he got stabbed.

3 minutes ago, Ridingtosunset said:

I've been retired for awhile, but if I caught it I'd warn them. If I caught it again, I'd give a flagrant. 

Yeah, if they fake shit like that I usually go to the player and say (or tell the captain to tell them) “knock that shit off or ya ass gonna be on that bench. I got more whistles than you have fouls. Try me.”

They usually stop.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Yeah, if they fake shit like that I usually go to the player and say (or tell the captain to tell them) “knock that shit off or ya ass gonna be on that bench. I got more whistles than you have fouls. Try me.”

They usually stop.

I was referring to the gut poke. But absolutely on the flops too. Selling a call and flopping are easily identifiable distuingishable, IMO. 

Edited by Ridingtosunset

Something else that has puzzled me during this tourney - with games being played in gyms all over Indy, why were possible 2nd round matchups not played in the same arena for 1st round? Like right now with Texas - BYU/UCLA playing at same time.

Won't it be an advantage to the team that gets to play twice in the same gym? Or is it set up so neither teams plays in the same gym? That seems awfully complicated if that's how they are doing it.

• Machinator changed the title to 2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread