2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread

Machinator

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

I don't care what the NCAA rulebook says, that's not even a foul, much less a flagrant. Dude just got packed. That was a great defensive play.

It's definitely a foul, lol.  This isn't soccer where you can demolish the guy as long as you get the ball first.  The follow-through hammered his forearm.

I'm glad and a little surprised they didn't call it a flagrant, tho.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, TexArcher said:

It's definitely a foul, lol.  This isn't soccer where you can demolish the guy as long as you get the ball first.

It shouldn't be. He didn't "demolish" him, he caught his arm on the way through the ball. The arm was never relevant to the play. I'm not disagreeing that it's a foul by rule in college basketball, but I dislike it.

Just now, BradInATX said:

It shouldn't be. He didn't "demolish" him, he caught his arm on the way through the ball. The arm was never relevant to the play. I'm not disagreeing that it's a foul by rule in college basketball, but I dislike it.

Yeah, I get it.  That probably wasn't a foul in the 80's NBA.  But then again, they fought like twice a week, too, lol.

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, I get it.  That probably wasn't a foul in the 80's NBA.  But then again, they fought like twice a week, too, lol.

It's not even that level, though. If he had just sort of wimpily put his hand in to block it, he would have never made contact with the arm. Essentially you're saying that you can't violently block a guy, which is shitty. There's a lot of space between letting Bill Laimbeer go full thug on guys in the paint and banning violent blocks. I doubt that'd be a foul in the 2021 NBA playoffs - probably regular season though.

Edited by BradInATX

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

It's not even that level, though. If he had just sort of wimpily put his hand in to block it, he would have never made contact with the arm. Essentially you're saying that you can't violently block a guy, which is shitty. There's a lot of space between letting Bill Laimbeer go full thug on guys in the paint and banning violent blocks.

Looked like a foul. That's enough in college

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

You have Cade Cunningham. Have some faith.

Not when he only shows up in the second half and it may be a 20 point hole at half time.  And can’t make FTs. 

You’re right ain’t over yet but they are playing out of their mind, hats off to them.  

Edited by Homercles

Cade starting to find his range. Beav's 14-point halftime lead has been cut in half in little more than five minutes.

Rebounding is what really killing the 'Pokes. Oregon State is doubling them up on the boards, 35 overall to 18, and 10 offensive to 5.

But just as I type this, Okie Lite trims the deficit to 5.