2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread

Machinator

20 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Yep. I specifically remember Steve Smith talking about the intense defense they play while a replay was rolling underneath his analysis and the ACU player was literally hand-fighting Ramey as he dribbled up the court. 

"Press Virginia!".  its good to have marketing.  we could have with havoc but Shaka wanted to be a "real" coach.  after a year of everyone on TV saying what incredible pressure D Texas plays we would be getting away with that shit as well.  Officials are human, they know who is known for pressure D and they let them get away with shit passive teams won't.  Tech is another example.

Just now, Catdaddyhorn said:

Getting a chance to make a charge call for a college basketball ref is like a high flying athlete getting an open court breakaway. You just know he's gonna show all out when the opportunity presents itself. 

Yep, neither of those were offensive fouls

37 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

1335126510_Screenshot_20210322-144638_Google2.thumb.jpg.a077f625c426e5c0e59a6f05c88111b8.jpg

gee. it's almost like you can prepare for an opponent and neutralize their strong points. what a concept. someone tell Shaka about this new found technique

The problem is Texas was doing this all season. Even against teams that didn't press like ACU, Texas still was the 99th in TO per game. Our guards are just awful at almost every skill a guard in basketball needs to have to be consistently average.

If I was the new coach, I would recruit players over Jones and Ramey and explain to them neither are getting PT next year.

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

UCLA doing this to ACU 

giphy.gif

Was there any doubt!?!? They had to have 4 or 5 different instances in the game saturday where they went 3 to 4 minutes without scoring against us. Shit they didn't score a single FG in the last 3 or 4 minutes of the game. I said it another thread. Their win over us this weekend has the be the single worst performance by an underdog that managed an upset win in my nearly 40 years of watching the tournament. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

35 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Getting a chance to make a charge call for a college basketball ref is like a high flying athlete getting an open court breakaway. You just know he's gonna show all out when the opportunity presents itself. 

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

ACU is worse than at least 3 of the 15 seeds.  I didn’t watch any of the 1 vs. 16 games, but I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the 16 seeds were better teams than ACU, too.   They are tiny and have nobody who can score - not exactly a great recipe for building a basketball team.  

TSU would've gotten them by double digits.