2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread

Machinator

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

This Fri-Mon for the first two rounds was dumb af.

Yes it sucked dicks but you know we're all worried about covid well not all of us but the pussy ass powers that be are and the first four needed to be able to be tested to play was the excuse.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

I see now why Will Wade has to pay his players he is a turrrrrrible coach. Their entire offense consists of having one dude dribble around and get into a terrible position and then jack up a contested long 2. Somehow they make them at a decent clip because they have solid talent. 

If they had a decent offensive scheme they would be a very good team. 

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

I see now why Will Wade has to pay his players he is a turrrrrrible coach. Their entire offense consists of having one dude dribble around and get into a terrible position and then jack up a contested long 2. Somehow they make them at a decent clip because they have solid talent. 

If they had a decent offensive scheme they would be a very good team. 

The one year they were in the NCAAs up in Pittsburgh, I think it was 2014-15, the Jones guy was still their coach. They had three or four guys who went to the NBA and we were amazed at just how much anarchy there was with them and how horribly coached they were. They lost to N.C. State in the first game. Jones lasted two more seasons and then they figured Wade was an upgrade. 

5 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

The one year they were in the NCAAs up in Pittsburgh, I think it was 2014-15, the Jones guy was still their coach. They had three or four guys who went to the NBA and we were amazed at just how much anarchy there was with them and how horribly coached they were. They lost to N.C. State in the first game. Jones lasted two more seasons and then they figured Wade was an upgrade. 

They couldn't even make the tournament with a #1 overall pick in Ben Simmons. 

Simmons left and then they started the 2017 season 8-2 and finished 1-17.  Fired.

10 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

The thomas dude last night was on fire in the first half and then he cooled down in the second half but still just jacked up terrible shots. I honestly don't remember him passing the ball one time. If he touched it he was shooting it didnt matter where from or how contested. 

I get that stars sell tickets and LSU probably doesnt give a shit about basketball, but if you could keep some of the talent and actually get them to play as a team they could have a bama basketball type rise. 

4 hours ago, Juicy said:

I get that stars sell tickets and LSU probably doesnt give a shit about basketball, but if you could keep some of the talent and actually get them to play as a team they could have a bama basketball type rise. 

I dont know how much they "care" or not but LSU is historically one of the better programs in the SEC. They have 3 modern-era Final Fours and some pretty noteworthy NBA players over the years. A "Bama type rise" wouldn't be unusual for them at all.

21 hours ago, Juicy said:

The thomas dude last night was on fire in the first half and then he cooled down in the second half but still just jacked up terrible shots. I honestly don't remember him passing the ball one time. If he touched it he was shooting it didnt matter where from or how contested. 

It's kind of like football and how shitty they can be on offense when they have one of their typically awful QBs, and then when they get a good one, boom.

Did SC just score again on KU? 

Just now getting a good look at the S16, Baylor sure does have its work cut out for them.  It does suck going to this format but understandable and it's better than the alternative we had last year. 

Syracuse/UH is an interesting matchup, curios to see how the Cougars handle that zone. 

The East looks like a couple of Bowl matchups. 

The reseeding is stupid but from what I watched for 4 days, it looks to me like:

Gonzaga
Baylor
Alabama
Michigan

Loyola
Houston
Arkansas
Villanova

FSU
Syracuse
Oregon
USC

Oregon State
Oral Roberts
UCLA
Creighton

No offense SBB, but beating ACU wasn't impressive. (GOD DAMNIT NOW IM MAD AGAIN)

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

The reseeding is stupid but from what I watched for 4 days, it looks to me like:

Gonzaga
Baylor
Alabama
Michigan

Loyola
Houston
Arkansas
Villanova

FSU
Syracuse
Oregon
USC

Oregon State
Oral Roberts
UCLA
Creighton

No offense SBB, but beating ACU wasn't impressive. (GOD DAMNIT NOW IM MAD AGAIN)

I'd probably flip UCLA and Syracuse, and flip SC and Nova.

As a Michigan fan this FSU matchup scares me quite a bit. They have huge guards who are going to easily shoot over Mighty Mouse Mike Smith. They have two 7 footers who they can play down low to counter Hunter and they have a lottery pick coming off the bench????? wtf...

I am really hoping for a matchup with Bama as I think that would be a super fun game with lots of action, but its going to be tough to get through Sunday without Livers. 

3 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Seeing as there's no ladies thread, I thought I would come here and respectfully say that the Lady Horns can gargle my balls.  Go Lady Bruins!

You'll forgive my oversight.  My attention has been focused on our upcoming men's game. 

There is one but I guess a UCLA education ain’t all it’s cracked up to be or you’d know where to look 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

There is one but I guess a UCLA education ain’t all it’s cracked up to be or you’d know where to look 

Apparently not.  Found it buried in a sub sub forum.  But I already don't care enough to post there.

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Seeing as there's no ladies thread, I thought I would come here and respectfully say that the Lady Horns can gargle my balls.  Go Lady Bruins!

You'll forgive my oversight.  My attention has been focused on our upcoming men's game. 

image.jpeg.fd28ac221ff7c0abddde2e373f2c0bbf.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2