2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread

Machinator

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

As of now...UCLA v. Michigan?  Who gives a shit? 

Yeah, two of the all-time great programs in the sport's history with huge fan bases.  One is a pretty freaking good #1 seed, the other is on an incredible Cinderella run.  They'll be lucky if 25 people watch that game.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Yeah, two of the all-time great programs in the sport's history with huge fan bases.  One is a pretty freaking good #1 seed, the other is on an incredible Cinderella run.  They'll be lucky if 25 people watch that game.

To be fair I think it was understood that he meant who on this board gives a shit. 

41 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I know People will watch the next round.   Just one twist of the knife of that ACU debacle is all.  I know we’re starting a new chapter but it’s gonna take another week to get over that choke job.  

ah well; onto to the night shift 

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

Announcers: the UCLA coach believes in fouling in this situation

UCLA coach: we'll take our chances

Basketball gods:
d4294c852d6544caf8e71b9e6c12a581.jpg

I believe in not having three of my defenders standing inside the 3-point line in that situation, but I'm not the UCLA coach.

7 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

At least one of the games was good today. The other 3 were snoozefests.

the tournament has been a snoozefest so far-- the clear overseeding of Big Ten teams was a problem, but the empty arenas and the asinine decision to move the schedule off its traditional alignment has made it basically felt like trying to pay attention to the women's tournament

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

I know People will watch the next round.   Just one twist of the knife of that ACU debacle is all.  I know we’re starting a new chapter but it’s gonna take another week to get over that choke job.  

ah well; onto to the night shift 

The Comanche are known as "The People".

13 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

the tournament has been a snoozefest so far-- the clear overseeding of Big Ten teams was a problem, but the empty arenas and the asinine decision to move the schedule off its traditional alignment has made it basically felt like trying to pay attention to the women's tournament

Would you rather be laying pipe?

11 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Announcers: the UCLA coach believes in fouling in this situation

UCLA coach: we'll take our chances

Yeah that was the most absurd ending to regulation. Not only not fouling but completely backing away from the wide open dude taking a 3. It was like they were so scared of them hitting the three and getting called for the foul or something. 

2 hours ago, Juicy said:

Yeah that was the most absurd ending to regulation. Not only not fouling but completely backing away from the wide open dude taking a 3. It was like they were so scared of them hitting the three and getting called for the foul or something. 

Don't worry.  You'll get yours soon enough, son.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Juicy said:

So the two games on Tuesday are Zaga/USC (both West Coast) and Michigan/UCLA, lets give the team in the eastern time zone the 10pm start because having Tuesday night 10pm games is just what they want. 

FUCK STUPID SCHEDULING.

Michigan being on Eastern Time is perpetual stupidity.  The summer sun is in your eyes @8:30pm

17 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

UH has a whole roster of Patrick Beverly-like defensive hounds. Jerreau is not giving Thompson an inch to make shots. 

I haven't watched them yet, but having first become a fan of college basketball because of Phi Slama Jama, I am a little happy for Benny Anders, Alvin Franklin, Michael Young, Reid Gettys, and whomever may have played with those guys.

In the name of Guy Lewis and his idiotic decision to slow it down against NC State, I am pulling for the Coogs.

• Like 1