2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread

Machinator

Cougar high has looked like a completely different team with Jarreau having a week to get healthy. Doesn't hurt that their best opponent was a 10 seed, but they look to be playing well.

I wonder if any team has ever had an easier path to the Final Four than playing a 15, 12, 11, and 10 seed. 

Edited by BradInATX

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I haven't watched them yet, but having first become a fan of college basketball because of Phi Slama Jama, I am a little happy for Benny Anders, Alvin Franklin, Michael Young, Reid Gettys, and whomever may have played with those guys.

In the name of Guy Lewis and his idiotic decision to slow it down against NC State, I am pulling for the Coogs.

Reid Gettys is good people. Was involved with his summer basketball camp back in the day.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Underdog said:

They get after you that's for sure.  

I didn't know that big guys were allowed to follow their teammates' bad shots and get offensive rebounds.

I kind of was under the impression that offensive rebounds were not allowed by taller teams after watching the tournament the first weekend.

Apparently Houston has 8 offensive rebounds in the first half.

2 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Reid Gettys is good people. Was involved with his summer basketball camp back in the day.

I want to listen to this:

...but I'm not an M-XCloud member, so it doesn't seem to be working.

Edited by Napoleon

13 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Cougar high has looked like a completely different team with Jarreau having a week to get healthy. Doesn't hurt that their best opponent was a 10 seed, but they look to be playing well.

I wonder if any team has ever had an easier path to the Final Four than playing a 15, 12, 11, and 10 seed. 

Googled my own question. Houston would be the first team to ever make the final four without playing a single digit seed. So yeah, definitely the easiest path.

7 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Geno and Mulkey are putting on quite a show on ESPN2 or w/e

I mean- Baylor just took it end to end- I’m like wow a good looking and well run fast break, and she bricks the layup. 
It’s a completely different game than anything I’ve seen past small school high school. It looks better than last time I checked in though. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

Just now, Underdog said:

You play who's in front of you, can't control how that happens. 

Didn’t say they could. NCAA tournament is half being good and half getting lucky upsets happen to everyone ahead of you in your way. 

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

UH has a whole roster of Patrick Beverly-like defensive hounds. Jerreau is not giving Thompson an inch to make shots. 

His ability to play defense and assist to turnover ratio will get him a shot as a backup PG in the league. Jarreau put on a 2 game clinic on Boeheim and Thompson.

• Like 1