2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread

Machinator

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Sampson setting that program up nicely for Kellen. 

Has the father son handoff ever really worked? I wouldn't call Tech a success with Pat Knight. I guess if you go back  ways, Joey Meyer spent over 10 years at DePaul, but he didn't  knock it out of the park. 

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Has the father son handoff ever really worked? I wouldn't call Tech a success with Pat Knight. I guess if you go back  ways, Joey Meyer spent over 10 years at DePaul, but he didn't  knock it out of the park. 

That's quite an understatement.  I would say he burned Tech basketball to the fucking ground...and then proceeded to burn Lamar basketball to the ground after Tech finally worked up the nerve to fire Bob's boy.

7 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

That's quite an understatement.  I would say he burned Tech basketball to the fucking ground...and then proceeded to burn Lamar basketball to the ground after Tech finally worked up the nerve to fire Bob's boy.

Lulz,  I only vaguely recalled his time there, but after your reply I checked the record and noted that sweet 16-42 conf record. His run at Lamar is something...

image.png.0b614bce90511e6c938145bddcd8b9a8.png

NCAA tourney to flaming pile of shit in one year.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Lulz,  I only vaguely recalled his time there, but after your reply I checked the record and noted that sweet 16-42 conf record. His run at Lamar is something...

I liked that up 2 weeks ago for some reason and laughed my ass off. 

15 minutes ago, Blotto said:

At least he got to live in Beaumont for three years.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Fucking terrible. The charge/block has to be the worst thing in all of sports. No one can accurately explain it all and it is subjective to whatever ref is out there.

Correct. Just get rid of the fucking arc and don't allow a defensive player to take a charge in the paint.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Correct. Just get rid of the fucking arc and don't allow a defensive player to take a charge in the paint.

90% of these "charges" would have been called blocks 15 years ago. I blame the theatrics of the charge call and of course....Duke.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Baylor is so fucking fun to watch. I would root for this team the rest of the way if it wasn’t for the fact that it’s fucking Baylor

I’m going to win my pool picking them to take down the zags and then sinister laugh when the title gets stripped in a few years.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Fun to watch this BU team play Arkansas and I think Baylor and Houston will be a similar fun game with some ballers.

Ballers. Swangas. Grillz. Phat shawtys. Screwed up drank. Unconsensual sexual advances.

Wait...