2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread

Machinator

13 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I said it right after the ACU loss, UCLA would have buttfucked us by double digits with ease. They are actually poised and well coached.

Not sure how they matchup with Gonzaga, though. I didn't see anything from either of these 2 tonight that told me they can hang but that's why you play the games.

UCLA scored 51 points tonight. Gonzaga likely scores 51 in the first half against UCLA.

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

UCLA scored 51 points tonight. Gonzaga likely scores 51 in the first half against UCLA.

The only way we beat Michigan was to turn it into an ugly street fight.  Low scoring was by design.  But yes, we need to shoot WAAAAY better to even sniff a W.

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

giphy.gif

Hell, no teams east of I-45*.

* I checked the google maps before posting.

8 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Full 4 day weekend on tap for Jesus...

...Monday: Meet up with 11 closest friends to watch all-Christian school final

11 closest friends + His Main Squeeze, Mary Magdalene.

He had 12 followers, Dude. One was his personal PR staff/Campaign Manager.

5 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Was wondering why I saw 3 helicopters in the sky when I took the dog out. I’m like 6 miles from Westwood... 

@Sbbruin hope you brought marshmallows 

Ohio State and West Virginia fans are like...

"That is nowhere near the size of a couch! Hell, that ain't even the size of a loveseat! What kind of pussy pyros do they have in Westwood?"

• Haha 2

@Sbbruin Congrats on the final 4. You were right about the heart, your team had it, Michigan did not. 

Tough to win a game when you don't score for the last 5+ minutes and miss your last 8 shots. Ugly final possessions for Michigan. 

That was the first game I have questioned Juwan's coaching. You have a guy absolutely lighting your team up and instead of putting one of your two lockdown defenders on him (Brown/VVagner) you let him continue to torch Eli Brooks. 

Also, Make your fucking free throws Michigan. Jesus. 

Edited by Juicy
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

167037488_4545469788833075_2812295353325

That's the big difference between this team and that one.  You had 2 top 5 draft picks (but honestly, Russ was drafted more on potential than his playing at the time) on the '08 team, and a roster full of talented players.  This team has MAYBE one pro in Juzang.  Jaquez may have a cup of coffee, as may Campbell.  But this 21 team is fucking scrappier than shit.  Howland could, and still can, coach with the very best of them.  And Cronin has been absolutely destroying opposing coaches strategically.  He wasn't the coach we wanted.  But he turned out to be the coach we needed.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Bartles said:

Since we don't have a women's tourney topic...

678381626_ScreenShot2021-03-31at11_13_26AM.png.54d0fd22a76fe4712af631b683a8bb3e.png

ICYMI - she suggested the NCAA stop testing for Final Four specifically because players who test positive should still be allowed to compete for the championship.

I don't follow the sport but she seems like an annoying bitch.   

And not sure why the lady is growing a garden around her neck. 

17 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

What a run!  I apologize for rooting for Michigan State but it's a family thing and I had no choice.

Hell, just as a casual fan I thought maybe they'd gotten their shit together at the end of the season and might make some waves. Then they fucked around and found out. 

Edited by El Diablo

3 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

She has had COVID in December/January and forced her program into a pause. 

She's a fucking moron - and probably the most classless, least professional coach in WCBB.  Fucking trash talks players on the court. 

She can go to hell. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

This was very awesome.  Chris Smith was expected to be our top player and first team all PAC, and got injured early on and was lost for the season.  The kid is a just a great all around kid.  His teammates love him.  And he has been with them in Indy the whole time.  Very touching moment after the game between him and Cronin.

• Hook 'Em 1