2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread

Machinator

1 minute ago, Mdhorn said:

Not a bad way to close--Zags don't give up.  BU's defense is going to soften the second half.  I expect lots of scoring but we'll see if the Zags have the legs late in the second half.

That’s where Baylor kills most teams is in the final 10 minutes.  Gonzaga has already expended so much energy just trying to stay in the game that they’ll completely wear down.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Tired of hearing about this UCLA hangover bullshit.

Gonzaga played a hot 11-seed and got taken to the wire.  Baylor played a hot 2-seed and ran them out of the fucking gym before halftime.

So much this.

Gonzaga played a few more minutes of basketball two days ago.  And it's not uncommon for teams to play three or four days in a row in conference tourneys and the early season tourneys.  Gonzaga's not down 10 because of fatigue; they're down 10 because Baylor played a lot better.

• Hook 'Em 6

Pundits still clinging to Gonzaga is best team. Baylor has confused them. Lulz. Obviously Zags could come storming back and win. Anything can happen but you would think Baylor was previously unknown or something judging by tweets from pundits and such shit. 

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I think Cade has a higher chance of being a good to great pro but Suggs has a slightly higher chance of being an All-Star and higher chance of being a role player at best. 

If Cade Cunningham never makes an all-star game I'll eat a bag of my own shit.

13 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Definitely. Baylor has been recruiting well for a long time, and they've finally capitalized on that talent. Beard has a ways to go, but it's not insurmountable. 

Not one of the Baylor starters is from Texas.  

Fuck Baylor.

5 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Baylor play both sides of the ball well, which is what makes them so formidable. They have Zag's offense and Houston's defense. 

If BU convinces themselves to run and go offensive then Zags can get back in.  If BU does what they did the first half--harass the guards defensively and control the boards early, nobody beats them.  

Edited by Mdhorn

Just now, ATXbronco said:

Not one of the Baylor starters is from Texas.  

Fuck Baylor.

I'm not surprised, tbh. Basketball recruiting is nationwide. Go get the best, whether from Texas or elsewhere. It's not like we haven't done the same. Sucks, but it is what it is. 

Also, Fuck Baylor because fuck Baylor.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

My wife: I like the green team because they're from Texas 

Me: The Fuck?

Ha ha.

After our first-round debacle, I was trying to explain to my wife what a colossal humiliation of a loss that was.  "We got 3 or 4 guys who are going to get looks in the NBA, and they lost to a bunch of future youth pastors and mattress salesmen."

My wife:  "Well, that's great for that team, right?  I mean, just think about how great that is for those play..."

Me:  "Just fucking stop.  Just stop."

• Haha 7
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

If Cade Cunningham never makes an all-star game I'll eat a bag of my own shit.

I hope you're right, but I watched most of his games, and he is really good at just about everything, but not transcendent in any particular aspect of the game. I think he's most likely going to be a solid starter for a long career. We're just guessing at odds here, so I think Suggs has a better chance at being an all-star, but also a better chance at being mediocre. Just my observations.

2 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Ha ha.

After our first-round debacle, I was trying to explain to my wife what a colossal humiliation of a loss that was.  "We got 3 or 4 guys who are going to get looks in the NBA, and they lost to a bunch of future youth pastors and mattress salesmen."

My wife:  "Well, that's great for that team, right?  I mean, just think about how great that is for those play..."

Me:  "Just fucking stop.  Just stop."

Man, I feel this in my soul. 

Just now, 'stache said:

I hope you're right, but I watched most of his games, and he is really good at just about everything, but not transcendent in any particular aspect of the game. I think he's most likely going to be a solid starter for a long career. We're just guessing at odds here, so I think Suggs has a better chance at being an all-star, but also a better chance at being mediocre. Just my observations.

He’s a more talented Andrew Wiggins. Neither of them seem to want to play hard unless forced to do so. He might do well until he gets a big contract. 

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I feel the same way. Cade is really good, but just doesn't seem like a unanimous #1 player to me. I think Suggs is a much more efficient player, but they are asked to play different roles on their teams obviously. Guess we'll find out in a few years.

Edited by Blotto

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

His bball IQ is transcendent. He's one of the smartest 18-19 year old players I've ever seen. He's going to be very good - especially after some time in an NBA weight room. Sure there's a chance he busts but I just don't see it. His intangibles are off the charts and he has good size and very good scoring talent to go with it. 

Just now, Dr. Teeth said:

He’s a more talented Andrew Wiggins. Neither of them seem to want to play hard unless forced to do so. He might do well until he gets a big contract. 

He'll do great if he is not the primary ball handler and not the focus of the defense. He struggled at times with sloppy ball handling and with passing out of double teams. That tells me that he won't be the best player on any NBA team, but can excel if he's playing off another all-star type. I worry that he'll be thrown into a crappy situation as the No. 1 pick where usually only transcendent players excel right away.

Back on topic. FUCK BAYLOR. If anyone here is rooting or them because "Big XII Pride" you need your fan card revoked immediately.