2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread

Machinator

55 minutes ago, SDG said:

Isn't communion a catholic thing?  My christian church growing up never did it.  

Most Protestant denominations are quarterly, monthly, or weekly.

46 minutes ago, SDG said:

That makes sense.  I don't even remember what the denomination is/was; all I know is that people spoke in tongues and I got dragged around to revivals all the time...

Could be Pentecostal, Nazarene, or 7th Day Adventurists....

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Most Protestant denominations are quarterly, monthly, or weekly.

Could be Pentecostal, Nazarene, or 7th Day Adventurists....

Pentecostal rings a bell.  I honestly liked the people but never paid any attention and it was 20+ years ago.  

Just now, SDG said:

Pentecostal rings a bell.  I honestly liked the people but never paid any attention and it was 20+ years ago.  

/derail

Aren't Pentecostals the snake charmers? Grew up with some Evangelicals--they did a lot of laying on hands, speaking in tongues, and other bullshit. Yeah, #sorrynotsorry, I'm calling it bullshit. They were always sure to pass the plate around after the latest miracle.

/derail

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

/derail

Aren't Pentecostals the snake charmers? Grew up with some Evangelicals--they did a lot of laying on hands, speaking in tongues, and other bullshit. Yeah, #sorrynotsorry, I'm calling it bullshit. They were always sure to pass the plate around after the latest miracle.

/derail

No snakes but definitely a lot of bs give us your money stuff.  

No more religion talk in the NCAA Turney thread so I'll make sure to look for and comment about my experiences in a daily texan thread.  

• Like 1

Just now, PittsburghTiger said:

That Cunningham is an interesting kid. He's just so calm the whole game. He just goes about his business and you look at the stats and he's dominating.

I want to see him in a Rockets uniform. He’s so calm and collected. 

Well Vegas line was only -7 for OSU.  Guess we beat the spread.  Oregon’s State and Illini all confident but that was the worst first half of ball I’ve seen all year for us.  Granted liberty wasn’t great either.  I dunno, finally won a game for the first time in what feels like a decade. 

• Machinator changed the title to 2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread
  • immamac unpinned this topic