Shameless Bragging and Oneupsmanship Thread

BTW

Like the title says, there's lots of opportunities to slip in a humble-brag here and there in a post, but I believe it will be entertaining for us to have a place where one make their fellow posters question their life choices.

I'll start off with some low hanging fruit: Thanks almost entirely to @RCRanger03 I've made enough money reading in the Penny $tonk thread to pay off my mortgage (not that I've actually done that though).

P.S. This site has rules, so if you talk about how hot your wife/SO is or tell a story about the 3-some you participated in last weekend ... then its pics or GTFO

• Hook 'Em 1

So we finish the eighteenth and he’s gonna stiff me. And I said “Hey, lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.”  And he says, “Oh, uh,  there won’t be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.” so I got that goin’ for me, which is nice.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mininghorn88 said:

I have been to 31 different countries, most multiple times due to work.  This has provided me the opportunity to see and experience what most people will never have the opportunity to do.  I do not qualify for a stimulus check either.  I am faux rich! 

Goddamnit. You took mine. I've been to all but one inhabited continent - for work and pleasure. 

Mick Jagger - Wandering Spirit - YouTube

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

None of my blood relatives or relatives in any extended capacity attended atm or an atm system school as far as I'm aware. 

I can one up that.... All the above and none of them are in a mental institution or correctional facility... Way easier to get into atm than into the penal system now a days..

I have never posted on the threads about cars, watches, clothing, golf clubs, airline mileage status, or boats.  I don't have anything of stature in those categories and I've lived 44 years on this planet and just never understood people's fascination with stuff.  It's all the Sarasota McMansion to me. 

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I have never posted on the threads about cars, watches, clothing, golf clubs, airline mileage status, or boats.  I don't have anything of stature in those categories and I've lived 44 years on this planet and just never understood people's fascination with stuff.  It's all the Sarasota McMansion to me. 

Same here.

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

The sucks to be me thread is >>>>way....

• Haha 5

I’m an extremely fair-skinned hispanic, an absolute killer combo when it comes to dating (no joke). I have a great personality/sense of humor to boot. Back in high school my nickname was “loser” because all the girls would lose their virginities to me. I can still pull dimes but I’ve calmed down a lot in recent years. Running joke in my social circle is that if you have a girlfriend it’s because I let you have her. 

14 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

I have been to 31 different countries, most multiple times due to work.  This has provided me the opportunity to see and experience what most people will never have the opportunity to do.  I do not qualify for a stimulus check either.  I am faux rich! 

You made me curious about the number of countries I've worked in and visited. I've never counted them. I've been to 30 countries on 5 continents. I worked in 8 of them. I'm tired and retired. As a result, those numbers won't increase much. 

I think we've done our part on this thread. 

2 hours ago, Restinmybones said:

You made me curious about the number of countries I've worked in and visited. I've never counted them. I've been to 30 countries on 5 continents. I worked in 8 of them. I'm tired and retired. As a result, those numbers won't increase much. 

I think we've done our part on this thread. 

I still have about 10 years before I retire so there is still some time to get some more under my belt.  Plus there are a few countries that I want to visit as simply a tourist.  Some of the countries that I visited for business have also been covered as a tourist as well.  Covid has restricted my travel for the past year to just domestic travel just like most everyone else.

I have been to six continents.  Unless the World Governments open up mining in Antarctica I do not see hitting all seven continents.

• Hook 'Em 1

I was fortunate enough to be the guy contacted by this Nigerian Prince who is in trouble and needs my help.  All I had to do was just send him 10k, that i get back in 6 weeks, with an additional 11.2 million for just helping him out during this time.    

Edited by RollLeft

15 hours ago, Lobo said:

You lost me at boats.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, mininghorn88 said:

I still have about 10 years before I retire so there is still some time to get some more under my belt.  Plus there are a few countries that I want to visit as simply a tourist.  Some of the countries that I visited for business have also been covered as a tourist as well.  Covid has restricted my travel for the past year to just domestic travel just like most everyone else.

I have been to six continents.  Unless the World Governments open up mining in Antarctica I do not see hitting all seven continents.

The travelling and time away from home put some wear and tear on me. However, I know I'm very fortunate to have seen so much of the planet. We took our son on trips whenever we could, both to different parts of the US and to Mexico, Costa Rica, much of Europe, and east Africa. My dad had a "travelling bone", too, and took my sister and I all over the place on vacations, when he could - most of the US, Mexico, Canada, and almost all of Europe, including eastern Europe. Seems to run in his family.