Creation of 01/06 Commission stalls in the House

Satchel

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Sure, but what has shown you it will be anything BUT business as usual?

The women in the Democratic Party have the wherewithal and persistence needed to get this done. The men are going to follow their lead. I would have Congresswomen Porter and Cortez alternate asking questions and have Senator Warren brought in on this as well. I want to see Congresswoman Omar featured prominently because as small as she is in stature she makes up for it in what she would say. Lieu would probably be the only guy besides Bernie Sanders I would want to hear speaking in a congressional setting. I realize that the inquiries aren’t going to work like this, but since rules and norms mean little in Washington you might as well set things up how you want and just go with it.

10 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

The women in the Democratic Party have the wherewithal and persistence needed to get this done. The men are going to follow their lead. I would have Congresswomen Porter and Cortez alternate asking questions and have Senator Warren brought in on this as well. I want to see Congresswoman Omar featured prominently because as small as she is in stature she makes up for it in what she would say. Lieu would probably be the only guy besides Bernie Sanders I would want to hear speaking in a congressional setting. I realize that the inquiries aren’t going to work like this, but since rules and norms mean little in Washington you might as well set things up how you want and just go with it.

I could get on board with this (due to my own bias) but if the GQP won't play and is going to call it a witch hunt, then OWN it. Adopt it--these bitches be witches and just get the truth out in the sunlight. Transparency. The RW media is going to make shit up regardless, the other media is going to both sides it, but it needs to be dragged out, dusted off, and put in the driveway for the garage sale. If America is going fascist, I at least want to know who bought the junk and brought it home in the first place.

13 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

If the Democrats don’t have the balls to blow up the filibuster to investigate an attack on Congress, the Democrats need to disband. Seriously. The only way evil people win is when good people do nothing. 

I say make the old fucks actually filibuster.  See if they want to blow their holiday weekend .  Then we can get more stupid video of Ted Cruz reading children’s books.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republican-sen-tommy-tuberville-says-he-d-rather-be-fishing-or-golfing-before-voting-against-the-capitol-riot-commission/ar-AAKuqYE

Sen. Tommy Tuberville, a freshman Alabama Republican, told reporters on Friday that he would rather be fishing or golfing than voting on a commission to investigate the Jan. 6 Capitol riot. 

Tuberville, who's held office for just 4.5 months, suggested that senators selflessly legislate on behalf of future generations and could use a break. 

"We're in the fourth quarter of life," he said. "You know who were doing this for? You."

He added, "I'd rather be fishing right now, or golfing."

Reporter's tweet:

Tuberville: “we’re in the fourth quarter of life. You know who were doing this for: you” Points at reporters “I’d rather be fishing right now, or golfing” Says we won’t have the same good life his generation will have.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republican-sen-tommy-tuberville-says-he-d-rather-be-fishing-or-golfing-before-voting-against-the-capitol-riot-commission/ar-AAKuqYE

Sen. Tommy Tuberville, a freshman Alabama Republican, told reporters on Friday that he would rather be fishing or golfing than voting on a commission to investigate the Jan. 6 Capitol riot. 

Tuberville, who's held office for just 4.5 months, suggested that senators selflessly legislate on behalf of future generations and could use a break. 

"We're in the fourth quarter of life," he said. "You know who were doing this for? You."

He added, "I'd rather be fishing right now, or golfing."

Reporter's tweet:

Tuberville: “we’re in the fourth quarter of life. You know who were doing this for: you” Points at reporters “I’d rather be fishing right now, or golfing” Says we won’t have the same good life his generation will have.

Anytime he wants to go ahead and shuffle off this mortal coil is fine by me.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Bring it up again. Get everyone on record. 

If 11 senators want to skip the vote, then 60% of those who voted should be sufficient to move it. Change the rules. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If 11 senators want to skip the vote, then 60% of those who voted should be sufficient to move it. Change the rules. 

I couldn't decide whether I wanted to rage at this or laugh.  100% agree, but because nothing is going to change it's a laugh or get ragey situation.

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, kevwun said:

If Sinema isn't going to vote for this, she needs to fucking switch parties.

She’s not committed to supporting the John Lewis voting rights act either. Somebody needs to primary her ass.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

If Sinema isn't going to vote for this, she needs to fucking switch parties.

I wondered back in December or so if Manchin would switch parties in order for Mitch to keep the Senate.  I figured chairmanship of some committee, some perk back in West Virginia, something.

Instead, Mitch is still in control of the senate without having to give up a damned thing.  And he has Sinema as a backup if needed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

A more astonishing thing is the democrats acting like they have no leverage. 

It’s the most infuriating thing ever. They’re too reliant on their on wisdom to realize they’re running the risk of de energizing millions of supporters by being do damned tepid.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Alright Democratic women it’s time to get done what the Democratic men are unable to do. We will get a commission of some sort and it’ll be the women who do it. We have reached the FAAFO part of things. 

210305193545-sinema-super-tease.jpg

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

A more astonishing thing is the democrats acting like they have no leverage. 

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

It’s the most infuriating thing ever. They’re too reliant on their on wisdom to realize they’re running the risk of de energizing millions of supporters by being do damned tepid.

More infuriating than astonishing.  I think we all feared they wouldn't have the gumption, or the brains, whatever the case is.

1 hour ago, UpperWestside said:

Alright Democratic women it’s time to get done what the Democratic men are unable to do. We will get a commission of some sort and it’ll be the women who do it. We have reached the FAAFO part of things. 

A democratic woman is a stumbling block to killing the filibuster 

• Like 1

So I was thinking about the Jan 6 traitors earlier and I realized they really did think (and do think) they are part of a revolution.  And then I realized, they are right.  They are part of a revolution.  Many people have tried revolutions in the past and not many of them work.  We think of the American Revolution as lofty and patriotic because it is the most famous and successful, but there are plenty that have been violently put down.  I think these people are going to try again and you know what?  More power to em.  They are imbecilic psychopaths, but let em try.  We just may end up scraping them from the walls.

1 minute ago, Willfully Horn said:

Or, Garland can name a special prosecutor. Correct?

Dems have a couple of options. Biden can even EO a commission into existence if he wants to...but he probably considers it impolitic to do so.

4 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Or, Garland can name a special prosecutor. Correct?

Absolutely (I think).

Better yet, just find a Marc Ellias (isn't he the Dem who skull fucked the Repubs on the election cases) type of former prosecutor who likes to eat Republican babies for breakfast and make a show of Garland hiring him and let that person go to town on the investigation.  I don't know why it has to be a special prosecutor. 

You don't want a bipartisan panel?  Then "Fuck You" is my name.

There have got to be better ways to fuck over traitors than through the most treasonous branch of government.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

8 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I could get on board with this (due to my own bias) but if the GQP won't play and is going to call it a witch hunt, then OWN it. Adopt it--these bitches be witches and just get the truth out in the sunlight. Transparency. The RW media is going to make shit up regardless, the other media is going to both sides it, but it needs to be dragged out, dusted off, and put in the driveway for the garage sale. If America is going fascist, I at least want to know who bought the junk and brought it home in the first place.

1 hour ago, UpperWestside said:

16 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

One thing I'm betting those other women know how to do is freeze out a lone rogue who didn't bother to do any work for the group assignment. Get Whiteboard Porter and figure out whatever skill sets needed and swamp those bastids like Elle Wood going after the ammonium thygocolate.

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

I am aware. I am also aware that the Democratic women interested in getting something done will figure this out. I trust them to do the right thing no matter what obstacles they have placed in front of them.