Site improvements

immamac

On 7/14/2021 at 2:58 AM, immamac said:

site was updated last night - there are ranks and badges for random achievements. I don't know if I'll leave it enabled. Let me know if you have thoughts or find borked shit. 

WTF - is this site for teenage girls? fucking cute little icons and other stupid shit.
I'd pack up and find a better board, but they probably wouldn't have me - FML

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Stupid. They're stupid. 

@immamac Is it not possible to literally just turn back on rep and post count?

Do you use dark theme? I am fixing that next. I just fixed mobile rep showing I don't remember what it looked like if it's too big I can move it or make it smaller 

On 7/15/2021 at 8:32 PM, immamac said:

Do you use dark theme? I am fixing that next. I just fixed mobile rep showing I don't remember what it looked like if it's too big I can move it or make it smaller 

sooo...rep and post count should be showing on mobile now? 

that does not seem to be the case...? 

Screenshot_20210717-145156_Chrome.jpg

On 7/15/2021 at 9:32 PM, immamac said:

White text on a black background is too hard on the eyes. You know what’s worse? A low contrast menu with black text on a burnt orange background. That’s just poor design.

4F6ABE73-6C08-47A7-89E1-86758043DCAF.thumb.png.521ee74b48b5b76427b1f8c10408e93e.png

I don't give a shit about posts/rep ratio or whatever, but I do think that a fun change would be the ability to apply negs or pos reps to posters based on some sort of weight allocated to their posting history and yours. It's probably impossible, but if I could just fucking auto-neg 100 or 1000 of a poster's posts at once, I'd take my chances of others doing the same with me.

Hell, I think turning it into currency would actually be smart for the site and the platform. If I could use 8000 rep points to ban someone like futureman, I'd burn through my rep points asap. Then the shit would actually have some value outside of @SydneyCarton @hayden_horn doing some squirrely ass ratio mathematics as they judge posters. 

On 7/20/2021 at 8:02 AM, BillyGoatHill said:

Can we haz our rep back now?

(said ratio of rep to # posts gives an idea of how big an asshole one is, when replying/responding to said asshole) TIA.

Switch your theme then switch back and rep will reappear.  At least it did for me just now when I went dark then back.  

6 hours ago, South Austin said:

Excuse me, Professor SDG, what does "ips" mean?  I've done the dark then standard switch on my laptop and iPhone, and I still ain't seeing rep.

Ips îs a theme.  I'm on copy of surly main which according to post 130 may be what does the trick.  

0B37F440-F801-4415-A189-D2BCFC69E051.thumb.png.7ae470a4ae79556f4002912670d34b68.png

23 hours ago, Covri said:

Can you make “post as plain text” the default? Can’t see half the posts in dark mode that get copied from somewhere else.

I use dark mode, and all you have to do is highlight them and they become readable.
Then again there isn't that much posted on the board that is worth the effort.

If you can't read this then fuck off

Can you please restore the ability to put trolls on ignore?

Even if I saw from quoted posts that someone I had on ignore deserved to be taken off my ignore list, something that has never happened in the history of the ignore function on any message board I’ve ever frequented, I couldn’t do that. But I do remove them after they get banned and then add their new sock to the ignore list just to try to keep the list clean. 

Drunk 60-year old idiot Buckeye got his panties hurt earlier for whatever reason. 

8d62J6Y.png

This is the best part. At no point was the ignore function never there. Old & fucking stupid is a terrible combo. 

On 12/21/2020 at 10:33 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Three lines on top right -> Account -> Ignored Users. 

That shit has always been right fucking there. But you have to actually be able to understand this newfangled internet thing. He is still fucking pissed about imgur though. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

On 7/23/2021 at 7:21 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

Can you please restore the ability to put trolls on ignore?

Like you? You were such a shithead in the MLB thread recently that spystud - who I very recently had a legendary spat with - even by Surly/shaggy standards - repped me telling your dumbass off. 

You should honestly reevaluate your posting on this site after something like that. I get that I go off the rails sometimes but at the end of the day I bleed Texas football. This site doesn't exist for tOSU shitheads to feel welcome. Basically all of you suck - including yourself. YMMV. 

7 hours ago, YouLoveMyPenises said:

How long am I a New Poster? 

I was a long term dude back before the SnoCone whathave you, and apparently someone snatched up my very cool username in the interim.

Not too be bitchy, but Im getting Adzillatroned to death over here.

100 posts 

• 2 weeks later...