Site improvements

immamac

45 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Okay, thanks. I'm going to have to uninstall Tapa for good. Now several ads run at the same time and sometimes audio from an ad that's not even in the feed runs.

They completely butchered what used to be an amazing app.

I think the paid for version is ad free. 

I think the paid for version is ad free. 
Way back when it first came out, there was the free version with ads and a paid version that was a one time fee. I paid the one time fee. Some time in the last 4 years, maybe farther back, they switched to a subscription model and started showing me ads again. To hell with that, I should be grandfathered into the one time payment. I paid the money up front under the agreement that I wouldn't see ads. They changed the agreement.

Guest Lobo

SIAP---I know this is a granular request/suggestion...but most of the site runs really well so figured it was worth a try to get something just for convenience sake---

The 5 little page tabs next to a topic.  Always listed as 1,2,3,4,and most recent.  Works just fine.  But for a thread that's way beyond page 5, into the several dozens or hundreds.  Nobody really needs direct access to page 4.  Could you switch it up to "any thread with more than 10 pages"...the 5 cubes will default to 1,2,3, then the second-to-most-recent and most-recent?  For a long thread, it's convenient to just click on the previous to last page to catch up instead of clicking on most recent and then clicking back a page.  It's not a big deal, just figured it was one line of cold altering.  Thanks. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yup. Definitely should add post count and rep back to how to how it was. Honestly, I preferred the exact post count as well to just the estimate and the stupid little chat icon. 

I think the posts to rep ratio is a useful dynamic. 

i've long considered that dynamic as well. it doesn't always work as a metric of "good poster/bad poster" but frequently it seems to indicate that someone is more thoughtful.

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i've long considered that dynamic as well. it doesn't always work as a metric of "good poster/bad poster" but frequently it seems to indicate that someone is more thoughtful.

Cloak Room group-speak posters minimizes that ratiio’s usefulness 

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yup. Definitely should add post count and rep back to how to how it was. Honestly, I preferred the exact post count as well to just the estimate and the stupid little chat icon. 

This

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Have the software calculate the rep divided bt number of posts; and be able to filter out shitty posters.

14 hours ago, immamac said:

site was updated last night - there are ranks and badges for random achievements. I don't know if I'll leave it enabled. Let me know if you have thoughts or find borked shit. 

If my rank is not Admiral when you finally figure this out, I'm going to ask to speak to your manager. 

19 hours ago, immamac said:

sorry been busy with work. I need to figure out how to get reputation enabled again. 

The manual says to kick the son of a bitch to get the rotors turning.

Edited by RPM