Texas vs. ACU - First Round - 8:50pm on truTV/TNT

Pancho

Just now, Billy Pilgrim said:

The problem with the last call is that contact like that on a rebound wasn’t called all game and you definitely don’t make a questionable call with 1 second left, you let the players decide the game. If you want to talk about questionable ticky tack fouls that are technically fouls then you should also agree that moving screens on the perimeter during their final possession are also a foul.

Lulz. Fucking retard.

• Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Herman sucked, but he was light years ahead of Strong. It won’t be difficult finding someone better than Shaka, it actually may be harder to find someone worse. 

Shaka clearly does not want to be big time.
He's wasted two five-stars in a row instead of coaching them up for the next level.

He's the guy you want to hang out with at the bar or the guy you want coaching your kid in Pee Wee.

But NOT the guy for D1.

Edited by ATXbronco

After what happened to Herman, I'm not so sure. But then again the BMDs aren't donating for basketball. 

I’m not sure Herman was actually gone after Urban told us no until Sark hit his interview out of the park. Anything can happen. I can’t believe Shaka gets the axe after this, though, as bad as it was.

Just now, OU Sucks said:

Jesus, shut the fuck up.  I said the officiating didn't help...stop acting like I said they were the only reason we lost.

That's exactly what you have been saying. Don't start moving the goalposts now that you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

That's exactly what you have been saying. Don't start moving the goalposts now that you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Literally reading comprehension:

14 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Uh, the point is the constant poor officiating didn't help.

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

That first jump ball they gifted UT was horrendous.  The foul at the end of the game was also horrendous.  Scrub 55% dude nailed two.  He didn’t choke.  Shaka did.  I pray you guys don’t money whip sweet Lon.  

I agree with all of this but it was a hack. It was a foul, I wish it could of been called a floor foul but it wasn’t.  And a fucking scrub nailed 2 FTs and a scrub team shoved Shakas bullshit in, that’s it.

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, troph said:

I for one will neither start nor participate in a (insert coach name) or bust thread. 

no one cares enough to let him go.

Yup covid shield and such, Shaka would have to commit a felony to get axed. Next year it will be a rebuilding excuse etc.

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I think he gets fired.  The fact that this happened against ACU instead of some school our alumni has never heard of makes it so much worse.  If it had been some tiny school in Indiana our casual fans might say, “Well, they really live basketball up there.  Maybe that school has a decent program?”

This is Abilene Christian. We know what that school is, and that they should never in a million years compete with us in anything. And all the other people we run across in Texas know and will rub it in.  And their team looked like a bunch of carnie hobos with YMCA game to top it all off.   There’s no way he should recover from this, and there’s no way we should accept it.

I agree with you but they can be salty in baseball, but not fucking NCAA March madness basketball for the love of their own savior that’s so fucking wrong.

6 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I think he gets fired.  The fact that this happened against ACU instead of some school our alumni has never heard of makes it so much worse.  If it had been some tiny school in Indiana our casual fans might say, “Well, they really live basketball up there.  Maybe that school has a decent program?”

This is Abilene Christian. We know what that school is, and that they should never in a million years compete with us in anything. And all the other people we run across in Texas know and will rub it in.  And their team looked like a bunch of carnie hobos with YMCA game to top it all off.   There’s no way he should recover from this, and there’s no way we should accept it.

A tangent, but it really pisses me off that the seeding committee once again rigged some bullcrap to schedule this regional cutesy game.  No way the seeding just randomly happened to fall this way.  They've pulled this crap before.

Of course this loss is on Shaka, but screw the committee and their little games.

Edited by clapclapclap

4 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

To those complaining about the refs: Take the loss, pussies.

Our 'Horns lost cuz they got outplayed, outsmarted, outcoached. It's cliche but it's true.

It was David v. Goliath, but David didn't even have a slingshot, he just ran around and let Goliath derp his way out of the tournament.

I'm not sure why anyone thinks the refs shouldn't have called the foul on Coleman.  That was more of a foul than the one we got for the Big 12 tourney.  Coleman gave them no choice when he grabbed his arm. That dude puts up a shot there he probably misses.  It was a dumb play by a senior that put the cherry on top of a night of extremely poor guard play.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, troph said:

Does Shaka not send anyone to crash the offensive boards in a tight game? I’m still completely shocked at the lack of offensive rebounding with the length and athletic advantage. 

20 to 5 when you have multiple future NBA players and you're playing against slow, fat fucks.  That's criminal.

1 minute ago, Wanker Bob said:

Keep your panties unbunched there chap. 

Big bad rich ass Texas just lost to a team from...

Abilene?

chappelle show lol GIF

Yeah, I'm gonna be riding this for a long time

I’m a chick dick face wanker bitch and you don’t understand sarcasm you nancy pants fool.

• Haha 3