Worst basketball loss in program history

GreenspointTexas

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Probably not an exaggeration, right? Has Texas ever lost in the 1st round as a 3 seed or higher?

A bunch of people in Columbus could not be more thankful the spotlight is off them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Easily the worst loss in Texas B-Ball.

Couldn’t get any more embarrassing than losing to such a shit team. As a 3 seed. The only Big XII team to lose in the tourney. The absolute laughing stock of college basketball. 
Thanks Shaka. You fucking worthless piece of shit. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

They almost did this to us early in the season. That defense is real. Still, it's a bad loss, bad enough that Shaka should lose his job.

Chris Beard with Texas' roster would have beat this team by 25 points tonight.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, ChickenSandwich said:

If this motherfucker has any sense of pride, accountability, or fucking dignity he resigns tonight. He has taken enough money to do absolutely jack shit at his job. 

He has millions of reasons to counter the arguments you listed above. Dude ain’t going anywhere...

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Capn81 said:

I will never understand it as well. Any program that hires Shaka deserves what it gets. He is an absolutely awful coach.

This isn't even hyperbole, but he may literally be the worst coach I've ever seen. It's troubling that he's been here 6 years and has a win pct barely above .500. Amd most of those wins came this year. 

• Like 1

History is long, so there might be worse losses, but this is on the short list of worst basketball displays I’ve ever witnessed on any level, including intramural C also-rans slugging it out. Based on the disparity between talent level and quality of play, it has to be the worst.

29 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

ACU has:

•no athletes

•no shooters

•almost no size (one super tall, doughy white boy)

and they just owned a team with three veteran guards and two NBA first rounders on it. a team made up of three top 8 national recruiting classes. in basketball. 

Shaka literally wastes more talent than any coach i've ever seen. Outstanding recruiter, embarrassing coach. Fuck this shit. Fire his ass by midnight. 

I thought this guy from ACU was pretty athletic:

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Out rebounded by ACU is absolute embarrassment, and the amount of turnovers is absolutely unacceptable. They didn’t take this team seriously and got outplayed by a team that will lose by double digits on Monday 

they took this team plenty seriously, we play hero ball, it's all we do and it bit us in the ass.

It is a terrible terrible loss. One that will follow me for a long time courtesy of my ACU sister and BIL.

That said, I knew this was going to be a dogfight as soon as I saw Tech only beat them by 7. And Arkansas didn’t blow them out either. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they beat UCLA. They are so scrappy.