UT's next basketball coach - discussion/debate

alphahorn

19 minutes ago, slorch said:

From a Tech perspective, I dislike the lack of an announcement today.

Shit or get off the pot motherfuckers-  on all fronts.  Either he's staying and it's all cool...

or don't let the door fucking hit ya.

Get on with it,  for crisesakes.

There are numerous things Beard wants addressed, down to the seating at the USA and our apparel contracts. It's a lot to discuss without even touching on his contract.

From a Tech perspective, I dislike the lack of an announcement today.

Shit or get off the pot motherfuckers-  on all fronts.  Either he's staying and it's all cool...

or don't let the door fucking hit ya.

Get on with it,  for crisesakes.

Easy there hoss.  It takes time to set up the maximum fund extraction from your current employer.  A lotta what if’s and what have you’s and such for the lawyers.  

there are other factors with Beard
1. his daughters are in Abilene which is less than 2 hours from Tech and an easy 82mph drive up the road with next to no traffic once you are off of I-20
Austin is only 65 miles further, but because of the route and the traffic in Austin I would imagine you can add 2 or more hours each way on that trip and that adds up for getting 3 daughters that are high school age to see their dad
2. He has a Sexy American Girlfriend that is a former Tech volleyball player and is now the volleyball coach at Frenship the "suburb" of Lubbock.....that is a really nice district and a really good job for her I am sure so that has to be a factor
I am not sure what their relationship is if they are shaking up, he is a sugar daddy, FWBs, BFFs, she has a ring, neither wants to get married ever.....but I get the impression he is not in any rush to get married anytime soon
I am sure Texas could get her a job in Austin, but even for men's BB I am not sure the high quality UT Women's Volleyball program is one where you ask the coach to take on an assistant and I would hope that UT and Del would have some "nepotism" concerns with that even if they wanted to ask one of the best performing coaches at UT to add someone to her staff as a favor to men's BB
and it would probably take time to get her a job at a high school in Austin.....then there is the factor that is she is not shacked up with Chris and they are not looking at that even if he ask and she was willing to move it is a great deal cheaper to live in Lubbock than Austin by orders of magnitude at this point and that is a big jump in a relationship to ask someone to take a quality of life hit and or to move to him offering some type of cost offset to keep her lifestyle up......especially if they are not extremely serious right now
3. how much more money is Texas willing to offer and even for Chris the cost of living difference is very high between Austin and Lubbock......he can have one of the nicest homes in Lubbock (yea ik ik Lubbock) and he is 15 minutes from Tech max and he could also have the same literally across the street from Tech.....not the same in Austin and not close to the same money
4. for the money Texas will need to offer the expectations will be massive he could be looking at being a 3 year coach if things to not work out........At Tech he could take a shit center court and probably be there for at least 3 years and hell they might give him a bump in salary of they thought taking a shit was necessary
so for another $1 million a year ($600,000 after taxes) and probably $200,000 more per year (over a 5 year contract) in higher living expenses to have the same type of home ect....and lets not bullshit around like top coaches are out at Pace Bend Park's Thrasher Cove every weekend doing "Austin shit" they are working a lot of hours and stacking cash for in case they get fired or burnt out....I do not see the quality of life in Austin over Lubbock factor to be a major player
sure that home is an investment, but he is buying at a time of massive upside pricing and no guarantees of that home holding the value they are currently selling for so there is a risk there it is not a sure fire investment

I would not be surprised at all if he left, but I think I would be less surprised if he stayed.....he does not have to answer to Tech fans even if that was a concern, but his oldest of 3 daughters is 17 now and all the stories make a big deal of them being able to spend a lot of quality time with him and that is very easy hauling ass up the road from Abilene to Lubbock and really a lot easier than Abilene to Austin when you look at the reality of the roads and then Austin traffic
I would imagine he has to answer to them and to his ex wife and his inlaws that by all reports he has a good relationship with and I think he takes that serious......now if his daughters are looking at going to UT, Baylor, Southwestern, Texas State that would surely be a major factor.....if they are considering Tech than that will be a major factor as well

None of this off-the-court shit really matters IMO. He either wants the Texas job or not. If he does, there are remedies for all of the above concerns. It comes down to where he wants to coach men’s college basketball.
  • Hook 'Em 8

36 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

1. his daughters are in Abilene which is less than 2 hours from Tech and an easy 82mph drive up the road with next to no traffic once you are off of I-20

Austin is only 65 miles further, but because of the route and the traffic in Austin I would imagine you can add 2 or more hours each way on that trip and that adds up for getting 3 daughters that are high school age to see their dad

No problem meng, we'll just write free jet time into the contract like Sark. 

image.png.067d9d5aa6e10e29254779b34601fecd.png

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

And you can count on one hand the number of major college BKB/FB coaches who actually let factors like these influence a job decision in the last thirty years.  

These are things that normal people think about when considering a new job.  Beard will likely think about one thing only: "Can I win it all here?"

that is an argument one could make for sure

but unfortunately for Texas when it comes to mens BB, football, and baseball there have been a number of coaches a number of times that decided they would rather stay where they are than come to UT

sure one cannot ignore the cluster fuck that was Belmont during the search to replace Mack Brown, Rick Barnes, or Augie, but the reality is a lot of really good coaches that would have been taking a step up in the minds of most people and especially UT fans decided they wanted to stay where they were

and the search to replace Tom was not what everyone thought either, but I think that was because there were so few proven names out  there and even fewer proven names that anyone including UT fans thought there was a chance to get to come to Texas

unfortunately right now with mens BB there are just not a lot of really proven names out there and the ones that are out there are paid extremely well and are not looking at Texas as a massive step up

it should be pretty obvious to anyone that over the last 6 years or so and probably a bit longer a lot of coaches are taking a bigger picture look at where they move to when they take a job and places with sky high expectations and large amounts of baggage and where other respected coaches failed (while taking over what should have been a pretty good situation) has made a lot of coaches hesitant to make a jump

plus as Slorch pointed out if you are going to shit on having  to live in Lubbock while also downplaying the aspects I mentioned then you also have to give credit to the fact that Tech was basically one ball bouncing off of their own players knee away from winning it all in Beard's second year......if there had not been a review of the out of bounds call and the call reversed to Virginia ball after it brushed the knee of the Tech player there is no way that UVA would have pulled off that win Tech would have sealed the game with the possession

so yes Beard can win it all At Tech now

7 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

There are numerous things Beard wants addressed, down to the seating at the USA and our apparel contracts. It's a lot to discuss without even touching on his contract.

So the Wings for Life didn't kick it over the top?

55 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

2. He has a Sexy American Girlfriend that is a former Tech volleyball player and is now the volleyball coach at Frenship the "suburb" of Lubbock.....that is a really nice district and a really good job for her I am sure so that has to be a factor

I am not sure what their relationship is if they are shaking up, he is a sugar daddy, FWBs, BFFs, she has a ring, neither wants to get married ever.....but I get the impression he is not in any rush to get married anytime soon

I am sure Texas could get her a job in Austin, but even for men's BB I am not sure the high quality UT Women's Volleyball program is one where you ask the coach to take on an assistant and I would hope that UT and Del would have some "nepotism" concerns with that even if they wanted to ask one of the best performing coaches at UT to add someone to her staff as a favor to men's BB

and it would probably take time to get her a job at a high school in Austin.....then there is the factor that is she is not shacked up with Chris and they are not looking at that even if he ask and she was willing to move it is a great deal cheaper to live in Lubbock than Austin by orders of magnitude at this point and that is a big jump in a relationship to ask someone to take a quality of life hit and or to move to him offering some type of cost offset to keep her lifestyle up......especially if they are not extremely serious right now

3. how much more money is Texas willing to offer and even for Chris the cost of living difference is very high between Austin and Lubbock......he can have one of the nicest homes in Lubbock (yea ik ik Lubbock) and he is 15 minutes from Tech max and he could also have the same literally across the street from Tech.....not the same in Austin and not close to the same money

4. for the money Texas will need to offer the expectations will be massive he could be looking at being a 3 year coach if things to not work out........At Tech he could take a shit center court and probably be there for at least 3 years and hell they might give him a bump in salary of they thought taking a shit was necessary

so for another $1 million a year ($600,000 after taxes) and probably $200,000 more per year (over a 5 year contract) in higher living expenses to have the same type of home ect....and lets not bullshit around like top coaches are out at Pace Bend Park's Thrasher Cove every weekend doing "Austin shit" they are working a lot of hours and stacking cash for in case they get fired or burnt out....I do not see the quality of life in Austin over Lubbock factor to be a major player

sure that home is an investment, but he is buying at a time of massive upside pricing and no guarantees of that home holding the value they are currently selling for so there is a risk there it is not a sure fire investment

I would not be surprised at all if he left, but I think I would be less surprised if he stayed.....he does not have to answer to Tech fans even if that was a concern, but his oldest of 3 daughters is 17 now and all the stories make a big deal of them being able to spend a lot of quality time with him and that is very easy hauling ass up the road from Abilene to Lubbock and really a lot easier than Abilene to Austin when you look at the reality of the roads and then Austin traffic

I would imagine he has to answer to them and to his ex wife and his inlaws that by all reports he has a good relationship with and I think he takes that serious......now if his daughters are looking at going to UT, Baylor, Southwestern, Texas State that would surely be a major factor.....if they are considering Tech than that will be a major factor as well

His fiance resigned her coaching job in December. Most thought was basically she no longer needed to work and would be planning their wedding.

Texas still won't get Beard unless they offer stupid level money. That's not going to happen. Beard about to get a pay bump and opportunity to tell his TT crowd that he turned us down. His legend status in Lubbock will just continue to grow.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

His fiance resigned her coaching job in December. Most thought was basically she no longer needed to work and would be planning their wedding.

Texas still won't get Beard unless they offer stupid level money. That's not going to happen. Beard about to get a pay bump and opportunity to tell his TT crowd that he turned us down. His legend status in Lubbock will just continue to grow.

Legend in Lubbock.

Aim high.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, 6th Street said:

A cold Coors Light is damn refreshing on a hot day 

8 hours ago, Eugene11 said:

And crushing a case on the golf course. About the only two times I drink doors light. 

6 hours ago, El Squared said:

Right. Coors Light is helpful if you are on a desert island with a kidney stone you want to flush and have nothing else.

This was our high school beer. 

I have shotgunned more Coors Libbies than all other beers combined. 

...and I shave had some kidney stone issues since about about 15 months after I moved to Denver, which a doctor explained that much like other famous “Belts”, like “The Grain Belt” & “The Rust Belt” (or “The Bible Belt”) Denver was/is kind of “The Kidney Stone Belt”...

So maybe it’s time to go home again. 

1 hour ago, slorch said:

you must have missed the part about placements at Tech. Oh wait...it was your post!

Again, why would Tech GAF where his staff goes?  he would be in no position to insist they be retained at Tech.

No you’re misunderstanding but I’m not going much further into this. I believe it’s done and he’s going to be at Texas.

2 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

There’s actually a dynamic of placing some staff at Tech and ACU. But I think Beard is coming to Texas.

This is what you said.  What did I misunderstand?

Again, if Beard is gone, why would Tech GAF and what voice would Beard have?  Zero.

Edited by slorch

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’m sure Pearl has learned, when committing recruiting violations, not to tell his recruits that what he’s doing is illegal so don’t tell anybody.

Thanks for helping tOSU get Aaron Craft, Bruce. (Btw, now that Craft’s basketball career is over he’s back in Columbus attending medical school.)

Aaron Craft made Royal Ivey and Avery Bradley look like AJ Abrams defensively. greatest perimeter defender to ever play the game. or so ESPN told me 5,000 different times.

7 hours ago, Machinator said:

From FCB:

Hide contents

Texas Tech coach Chris Beard is the leading candidate to replace Shaka Smart as the basketball coach at Texas, but other candidates will be interviewed, a source close to the situation told Horns247 on Saturday.

"I think on this one we will go through a process and we will interview several first before any decisions are made," the source said. "We are getting a lot of interest."

Two sources with knowledge of the situation told Horns247 on Friday Beard, a University of Texas graduate who served as a student assistant under former UT coach Tom Penders in the early 1990s, is the leading candidate to replace Smart. Those sources believe there is mutual interest.

A source close to the situation said Beard has already been gauging the interest of potential assistant coaches should he make the move to Texas.

I reported Friday that Oregon coach Dana Altman and former Longhorns' player and current Brooklyn Nets assistant coach Royal Ivey are short-list candidates, and I believe both could be in line to be interviewed by Texas.

According to Beard's most recent contract at Texas Tech, obtained by Horns247, Beard has earned at least $5.135 million for the 2020-21 season, which included a one-time retention bonus of $750,000 paid out last fall.

Beard's contract with Texas Tech, which runs through the 2024-25 season, pays him a base salary of $300,000 in each year of the contract. It also pays Beard $4 million in "rights fees for outside related income" for the 2020-21 school year. The rights fees income increases by $100,000 in each year of the contract, so Beard is slated to earn $4.4 million in 2021-22; $4.5 million in 2022-23; $4.6 million in 2023-24; and $4.7 million in 2024-25 - plus incentives.

If Texas were to hire Beard, UT would likely end up paying Beard as much or more than football coach Steve Sarkisian, who is earning $5.2 million in the first year of a six-year, $34.2 million deal.

"Well, the good news for us on all of this is Shaka (Smart) left on his own, so I think all options are on the table in terms of money," a UT source close to the situation told Horns247. "We have nothing (to pay) for the buyout."

If Texas had fired Smart, UT would've been on the hook for the final two years of Smart's guaranteed contract, which called for Smart to earn $3.5 million in 2021-22 and $3.6 million in 2022-23 - totaling what would've been a $7.1 million buyout. But with Smart leaving Texas for the Marquette job on his own, UT owes nothing in terms of a buyout for Smart, two UT sources told Horns247.

As we reported Friday, Beard's contract with Texas Tech has a buyout for any "Division I institution located in the state of Texas or is a member of the Big 12 conference" that drops from $5 million to $4 million on April 1.

With Texas planning to talk to multiple candidates to replace Smart, the hiring process is likely to go past April 1, a UT source told Horns247.

There is no scenario where a basketball coach at UT is getting paid more than the football coach. Before Barnes was hired Rick Majerus (Utah) was the hot candidate similar to Beard. To hire Majerus at the time it would’ve taken a larger salary than Mack back then. Just don’t see us hiring Beard when there are other more reasonably priced candidates. I think all the Chris Bears noise is a red herring but I’m happy to be wrong about that. 

now that the popular sentiment is that it's going to either be Beard or Ivey, i suddenly find myself reeeaallllyyyy wanting John Beilein to be hired, and to bring Luke Yaklich along with him. Yaklich is currently languishing at U of Illinois-Chicago where they finished this season #289 in KenPom. i have no doubt that he'd be happy to bolt for Austin in a heartbeat. you give us even a few years of Beilein's offensive mind and Yaklich's defensive brain, and there's zero chance that Texas isn't back to being not only decent, but fun to watch as well. i'd love to have Beilein come here for 4-5 years, make a couple tourney runs, and then have someone like Royal Ivey take over, hopefully for the long haul. 

Edited by shadow_operative

8 hours ago, closetohumping said:

I’d rather be a fence post in Austin than the king of Lubbock 

Go ahead and jump... I don't like LBK either, but fuck Austin too. i wouldn't take either place in my top choices to live.

Widen the lense just a bit though.  Beard is a little bit more than just "King of Lubbock." 

Go ahead and jump... I don't like LBK either, but fuck Austin too. i wouldn't take either place in my top choices to live.

Widen the lense just a bit though.  Beard is a little bit more than just "King of Lubbock." 

He can speed through Lamesa without worry? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Is he the king of the greater Lubbock metro area now?

He's at least Emperor of the Caprock...  If Dickens and Spur have not revolted.

The thing about Chris Beard... his favorite place on earth is his place in Castell, between Llano and Mason. It is where he spends his down time.

On the positive side for UT, it is a good bit closer to Austin. On the downside, it shows what he values in life. His ideal day is fishing on the Llano river in a fairly remote location, not taking advantage of big city life and all his money.

So in my view, it will come down to whether being a UT alumni is at all part of his identity, and whether he thinks it will be easier to leverage the UT resources and brand to get recruits and win games. For the former, I have no idea - but I would feel better about our chances if he was a former player instead of just a student. For the later, he is already starting to land 5-star talent in Lubbock. I don’t think he will view UT as a huge upgrade there.

I think he ultimately stays at Tech. I think he wants to turn it into a modern day Indiana. We will see on Thursday I guess. My Tech parents are losing their freaking minds right now at the thought of losing him.

• Hook 'Em 2

(Gerry Hamilton) Basketball Coaching Hot Board: Interview process underway

Spoiler

Chris Del Conte and staff have begun the interview process in search of the next head basketball coach at the University of Texas.

On Friday, Inside Texas released the first coaching hot board with Chris Beard as the leading candidate followed by Dana Altman and Royal Ivey.

These are the names IT had been mentioning following the Texas loss to Abilene Christian in the Round of 64, and continues to hear as the top choices.

HC Chris Beard, Texas Tech: We've called him the 'Urban Meyer' of the search, but that was just our way of saying he appears to be the top choice. We view Beard as more attainable than Meyer, and in a world that never experienced Covid, he might already be the head man in Austin. That's if you believe Covid saved Smart's job last year (it likely did). There's mutual interest between Beard and UT, but IT is also continues to hear Arizona, if the Wildcats move on from Sean Miller, would have Beard at the top of the list. Beard’s buyout has been a key topic of discussion, and on April 1st that number would drop from $5million to $4million for the Horns. Beard likes to re-up his contract frequently so you'd have to wonder if he'd use Indiana or Arizona to drive the price too high for Texas.

If Beard wants the job, he'll be the next head coach almost assuredly.That has not changed since Friday.

Beard by the season prior to Texas Tech:
2012-13 McMurry 19-10
2013-14 Angelo State 19-9
2014-15 Angelo State 28-6 (NCAA DII third round)
2015-16 Arkansas Little Rock 30-5 (1st in Sun Belt Conference, Round of 32 in NCAA Tournament)

At Texas Tech:
2016-17: 18-14, 6-12 in Big 12
2017-18: 27-10, 11-7 in Big 12 (NCAA Tournament Elite Eight)
2018-19: 31-7, 14-4 (T-1 Big 12 Regular Season) NCAA Final Four and runner up to Virginia
2019-20: 18-13, 9-9 in Big 12
2020-21: 18-11, 9-8 in Big 12 (NCAA Round of 32)

NBA draft picks recruited by Beard at Texas Tech:
SG Zhaire Smith - 2018 1st round (16th)
SG Jarrett Culver - 2019 1st round (6th)
PG Jahmi’us Ramsey - 2020 2nd round (43rd)

Beard’s agent is Bret Just, the same agent that represents Shaka Smart.

HC Dana Altman, Oregon: Altman led the Ducks to a #1 overall seed in 2016 but lost to OU in the Elite Eight. A year later he atoned by taking a 3-seed Ducks team to the Final Four. Before Oregon, he spent over 15 years at Creighon. He has the Ducks playing in the Sweet Sixteen today taking on Pac 12 rival USC. His name has circulated behind the scenes for some time at Texas, and particularly by Del Conte. Though we don't believe money is a huge factor, he would be considerably more affordable than Beard. Oklahoma could also pursue Altman once the Ducks season has ended.

Altman early years:
1989-90 Marshall 15-13
1990-94 Kansas State 68-54 (0-1 in NCAA Tournament)

Altman at Creighton 1994-2010:
327-176 (182-106 in Missouri Valley play)
3 Missouri Valley Conference titles
11 20+ win seasons
7 NCAA Tournament appearances (2-7 in NCAA Tournament)

Altman at Oregon 2010-:
280-109 (132-66 in Pac-12 play)
4 Pac-12 regular seasons titles
11 straight 20+ win seasons
7 NCAA Tournament appearances
2016-17 Final Four
2015-16 Elite Eight
2012-13 Sweet 16
2018-19 Sweet 16
2020-21 Sweet 16

NBA draft picks recruited by Altman at Oregon:
G Joe Young - 2015 2nd round (43rd)
F Dillon Brooks - 2017 2nd round (45th)
SG Damyean Dotson - 2017 2nd round (44th)
SG Tyler Dorsey - 2017 2nd round (41st)
PF Jordan Bell - 2017 2nd round (38th)
SF Troy Brown Jr. - 2018 1st round (15th)
C Bol Bol - 2019 2nd round (44th)
PG Payton Pritchard - 1st round (26th)

Royal Ivey, Brooklyn Nets: IT has been mentioning Ivey because the push from his NBA contemporaries is being listened to by Chris Del Conte. He's not just paying TJ Ford, Kevin Durant, et al, lip service. Sources IT talks to believes Ivey has future NBA head coach upside. Ivey is expected to interview today, or Monday.

The Ivey file:
39 years old
Lightly recruited. Rob Lanier’s evaluation led to Texas beating out Marist
Played in 133 games, starting 126 games at Texas.
The Longhorns record Ivey’s four years in the program was 98-36, including 48-17 in Big 12 play. Ivey was the leader of teams that advanced to the 2003 Final Four and Sweet 16’s in 2002 and 2004.
NBA second round selection (37th overall) in 2004.
Played 10 seasons in the NBA
Assistant coach in the Oklahoma City Thunder organization from 2014-18
Assistant coach with the New York Knicks 2018-20
Assistant coach with the Brooklyn Nets currently

*Note on John Calipari:
Calipari reached out to a former Texas coach this week to talk about the University of Texas, and the Texas basketball program. IT does not believe Calipari is a serious candidate at this time.

We'll add more names if it's merited.

Gerry on names that have received "chatter" but don't belong on a serious list as of today:

Spoiler

Chatter has included John Beilein, Porter Moser, Kenny Payne and Mike Boynton. IT is not ready to add any to the serious list - as of today.

On potential assistants for an Ivey staff

Spoiler

Ivey's interview will be very interesting in terms of who he would tell Texas is on his list of potential assistants. There will be one position that has head coaching experience (IT has heard Steve Prohm and Danny Manning as possibilities). Terrence Rencher and Russ Springmann have been mentioned as potentials on a staff, along with a couple of assistants on teams still playing in the NCAA Tournament.

• Hook 'Em 4

I think Beard is out.  There’s not much we can offer him that he doesn’t have at Tech.  He’s got the definition of job security there, he’s going to get a statue built of him there and be in their hall of fame and he doesn’t strike me as a big city guy anyways.  There’s also no way in hell the Texas basketball coach will make more money than the Texas football coach and that’s what it would take to get him here. 

I think the only way Beilein comes is the guys is if they convince Royal to be a HCIW type deal.  Because of social media and the amount of information out, there’s 0 chance every basketball player/student athlete wouldn’t know why he left Cleveland and the situation that happened there.  With the way campus has been with the eyes and the fact that Shaka was a black head coach, you’d have to find a way to navigate that. I think bringing in Royal with him would ease some of that with current and ex players. Maybe I’m over exaggerating that but I don’t think I am. 

I still think it’ll be someone we haven’t seen yet.  I have some hope that we’ll pull someone out of nowhere like Vic with the women’s team. CDC did a hell of a job on that one with literally no one knowing what was going on. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, HookEm said:

The thing about Chris Beard... his favorite place on earth is his place in Castell, between Llano and Mason. It is where he spends his down time.

On the positive side for UT, it is a good bit closer to Austin. , it shows what he values in life. His ideal day is fishing on the Llano river in a fairly remote location, not taking advantage of big city life and all his money.

sounds like a pretty smart guy

9 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

I think the only way Beilein comes is the guys is if they convince Royal to be a HCIW type deal.  Because of social media and the amount of information out, there’s 0 chance every basketball player/student athlete wouldn’t know why he left Cleveland and the situation that happened there.  With the way campus has been with the eyes and the fact that Shaka was a black head coach, you’d have to find a way to navigate that. I think bringing in Royal with him would ease some of that with current and ex players. Maybe I’m over exaggerating that but I don’t think I am. 

You are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t mind Altman (prefer Beard), but he’s having success at Oregon (which is equivalent to a Texas) similarly to what Barnes had going in the 2000s.  Did anyone expect Barnes to leave UT during that time?  And Oregon can match whatever Texas offers. 

If he does come to UT, I guess it will be because he just wants a new challenge or something different because people on this site like to say Sampson has it rolling at UH but Altman is doing way better than that at Oregon. 

6 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Why is it a problem for the basketball coach to get paid more than the football coach at Texas?

This. I’m extremely unbothered by it. If Sark wins like he’s expected to, he’ll be a $7 million coach in a couple of years. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

This. I’m extremely unbothered by it. If Sark wins like he’s expected to, he’ll be a $7 million coach in a couple of years. 

Beard has a wayyyy better resume than Sark. Most people agree hes a top 10-15 coach in cbb. Sark just left a coordinator job.

Not sure what the pearl clutching is about

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1