UT's next basketball coach - discussion/debate

alphahorn

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Well, the hope was fun while it lasted. No way he turns this down.

That has got to be one of either the greatest trolls of all time by a UT fan in Lubbock or one of the largest wtf concepts I have ever seen...

Holy shit he is a real guy that graduated from TT with both an MBA and MD... and his webpage has a title of "Let's Talk About Poop"...

Edited by Laxtonto
WTF is the winner

2 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

That has got to be one of either the greatest trolls of all time by a UT fan in Lubbock or one of the largest wtf concepts I have ever seen

https://www.sameerislam.com/about/doctor/

He completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Texas in Austin where he graduated with honors. He completed both his medical degree (MD) and masters of business association (MBA) at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center and Texas Tech Rawls School of Business, respectively.

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

That has got to be one of either the greatest trolls of all time by a UT fan in Lubbock or one of the largest wtf concepts I have ever seen

Well, his website has a video featuring a framed TTU degree in the background. I guess if you work on and think about ass all day, it's what you have to offer? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Next year's game in Lubbock going to be epic

bill hader popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

In fairness, if Tech job does open up there will be no shortage of eager candidates lined up. They've got everything in place for the next guy.

I disagree, basketball or football it doesn't matter how good your facilities are, or how good your fanbase is, you have to nail the hire, ESPECIALLY in a place like Lubbock. If the next coach at Tech goes back down to .500 with tourney appearances every 2 or 3 years it will be as if Chris Beard never existed. 

Is that a chain or a local joint in Lubbock?  How have they not gotten in trouble with Olive Garden Italian Restaurant for name infringement?  They're pretty damn close. 

I had to google it, first thing that pops up is they have a $3 corkage fee.  I'm guessing the most frequent work-around is a 4L box with no cork.

Edited by Lobo

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Is that a chain or a local joint in Lubbock?  How have they not gotten in trouble with Olive Garden Italian Restaurant for name infringement?  They're pretty damn close. 

I had to google it, first thing that pops up is they have a $3 corkage fee.  I'm guessing the most frequent work-around is a 4L box with no cork.

Italian Garden Restaurant: When you're here, you're kind of like family - the weird third cousins we don't really talk to. 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Next year's game in Lubbock going to be epic

bill hader popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

In fairness, if Tech job does open up there will be no shortage of eager candidates lined up. They've got everything in place for the next guy.

Good luck winning over the team, when they’ve bought into the culture of a hard ass like beard. 

You don’t wanna be the guy following beard. You wanna be the guy after that. 

53 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

This was mentioned a while back.  NBA guys know a bad coach when the see it.  As was mentioned here a while back (by you?), a lot of those guys were disgusted by the way Smart ran practices.

Anyone who coaches off-ball movement is a significant improvement over Smart.  Having it accompanied by good fundamentals and discipline will be fantastic.  The on-court product will be night and day better with Beard.

I have a pretty sick move at the local court where I throw a head fake then run under the goal pointing at the rim, hoping the kid with the ball will hit me with a sweet alleyoop (lay-up).  Is that the kind of off the ball movement you are looking for?

6 hours ago, Harry Waters said:

Jesus, this is a bad take.  This is why Texas basketball  (all message board posters everywhere) fans have such a bad reputation.  Superficial knowledge combined with an irresistible need to express opinions.    

This is not only the lifeblood but also the semen of all message boards. .....That coupled with an unbreakable addiction to unsubstantiated rumors.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

McConaughey was at the junior Elite Day a few years back. I doubt KD can sit in on in-home visits but I'm sure there's a workaround to get him and others involved if they really want.

Oh, hey recruit. Thanks for joining my zoom. Hang on one second while I finish up my previous meeting with KD, LA, Myles Turner, Mo Bamba, and Jarrett Allen. We were just talking about the difference for forwards/centers in college vs. the NBA.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Any chance we can get Tadlock to really set ‘em off?

Richard Gere voice… Don’t you take it away. I got nowhere else to go!!!

13 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

McConaughey was at the junior Elite Day a few years back. I doubt KD can sit in on in-home visits but I'm sure there's a workaround to get him and others involved if they really want.

MM is actually employed by UT, you know.

Just now, GreenspointTexas said:

If this gets announced tomorrow, im pretty sure CDC sealed the deal last week and was just waiting for april 1 to roll around

I trust your read on this. Nobody is more adept at handling high dollar dealings. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

IT's update isn't particularly illuminating.

Hide contents

Texas Tech head coach Chris Beard is still the odds on favorite to be the next head coach at Texas and we’re not alone in that thinking.

However, per our best sources an agreement has yet to be reached.

Texas Tech is working furiously to keep him, but there seems to be some reconciliation on that side they’ll either struggle to keep him or put the rest of the athletic department at a competitive disadvantage by over-spending.

As we’ve reported, we don’t necessarily think this will come down to money. Beard is a UT graduate and Texas brass has had its eye on him since he took Tech to the National Championship game, if not before.

Since this isn’t done we’re still monitoring any activity with other coaches. We know Texas is working on other candidates but we don’t know exactly who those names are beyond the guys we’ve mentioned — Royal Ivey and Dana Altman.

Someone else posted that.  IT is literally reading this thread and repackaging the info.

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

This is like the scene in Pearl Harbor where Aykroyd is breaking the japanese code as they are flying to attack Pearl Harbor

Spoilers you meanly mouthed fuck.

47 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

There is no way in hell that I'm googling 'hemorrhoid banding'.

Don't have to.  It's pronounced Mia Khalifa in Islam.  Google it thy pal.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

If this gets announced tomorrow, im pretty sure CDC sealed the deal last week and was just waiting for april 1 to roll around

I'd buy that.  The fact that it's been all quiet by the Tech admin and none of the insiders have any real scoop on potential interviews, outside of Ivey's 15 min chit chat, it sounds like CDC checked his list, zeroed in on his preferred guy and got it done.  Very Vic Schaefer like.  No one knew a fucking thing and then it was done.  

April 1 is just the date. 

54 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Chain, there's an IG in San Marcos, too.  It's decent but perfectly forgettable Italian food.  To be fair, Italian food is nearly impossible to screw up.

4 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Spoilers you meanly mouthed fuck.

Don't have to.  It's pronounced Mia Khalifa in Islam.  Google it thy pal.

Reminds me of the time that a girl named Piper single-handedly beat a Div 1 men's college basketball team. Have you seen the video? Google "Piper Perry takes on 5 men".

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Hornlover said:

Reminds me of the time that a girl named Piper single-handedly beat a Div 1 men's college Shaka Smart coached basketball team. Have you seen the video? Google "Piper Perry takes on 5 men".

fify