UT's next basketball coach - discussion/debate

alphahorn

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If we paid him more than sark, it would either be temporary until sark kicks ass and gets a raise or doesn’t kick ass and doesn’t deserve to make more. 

Exactly this. 

The only strange thing about this timing is if things go well and an agreement is reached and papered up, this is not the kinda thing you wanna announce on a Good Friday afternoon...is it?  Just from a logistical/get as much good media as possible standpoint.  I guess Monday then?  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

The only strange thing about this timing is if things go well and an agreement is reached and papered up, this is not the kinda thing you wanna announce on a Good Friday afternoon...is it?  Just from a logistical/get as much good media as possible standpoint.  I guess Monday then?  

Uh the F4 is Saturday. We would get the media. 

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Eh, it's Final Four weekend. Just announce it Friday and get all the media you need on Saturday and Monday.

Yeah, I guess I'm conflating the announcement with the actual new head coach press conference.  My bad, I didn't articulate that well as per usual.  

I guess let it out there in official press release form if contracts are signed Friday...then bring out the full press conference with new coach, family, Q&A, etc. mid-week of next week.  You don't want to let contract negotiations bleed into an Easter weekend because it gets the lawyer's families salty at them for working the holiday and people take their eye off the details, but it is Final Four weekend so it's just a working holiday for all of college hoops.  Thankfully, our Top 3 candidates are all Jewish, so don't tell 'em it's restricted...okay?  Fine.

I know we'd get the media because we're Texas, but nobody pays attention to athletics news on the Friday evening before Easter.  Nevermind.  The outside counsel that gets all the calls from UT for shit like this indicated they are on standby to pour over negotiations tomorrow and Friday and to be available.  So that's something. 

Edited by Lobo

12 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

UofH plays a shitty style too. 

this entire tourney run to the Final Four they have looked exactly like some of Barnes's uglier (but good) teams. just terrible offense that relies extremely heavily on turning missed shots into second and third chance points, combined with really good defense and rebounding. it's  it aesthetically pleasing at all. 

• Hook 'Em 2