SURLY ROAD TRIP 2021: Fayetteville - Texas at Arkansas, Sept. 11

LonghornSean

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Heard rumors that college gameday might be there. 

Having Gameday there would be cool but neither we nor piggy has been really relevant in dog years--especially piggy--so I can't see Gameday coming unless there's no place better to go. I haven't checked the schedule for that week, so . . .

3 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

I'm iffy on this. With all of us going, we'll raise the IQ of the entire state of Arky. However, I was at that game in 2004 and middle school me had never feared more for my life after the win. 

I'll protect you

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

Looking at tickets. If any of y'all have yours, 

1. Where did you get them?

2. What sections will most Longhorns be in? (I refuse to be surrounded by nothing but hogs)

According to the googles:

Visiting team seating is available in sections 120, 518, 519, 520, and 521.

NEW Stadium Map

We'll be getting ours through the foundation.  Second-hand ticket market will be a crapshoot for now until people start getting season tickets in hand. But you can purchase if you want that peace of mind.

14 hours ago, Lobo said:

Well shit, rooms going fast. Looks like airport or Springdale it is.  Which works out fine, after we win, I've been told the best thing to do is just pickup pizza and beer and hunker down in your hotel room Ohio State '05 style.  Really don't want to mess with a rental car though either. 

Anybody ever been to the Crystal Bridges Museum of Art up that way?  Buildings/grounds look absolutely stunning.  

Anything on their campus worth seeing?  

Crystal Bridges is great...definitely worth checking out.

Campus is pretty and Old Main is a neat building. It's worth a walk around and then have a drink on the porch of the Inn at Carnall Hall.  We usually stay there, but rooms were gone in two seconds, so we got Airbnb.

Best bar in town is Maxine's and it's not even close.  Good drinks and way better setting than the places on Dickson.

Edited by hobbs

17 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

about what loyalty point rank do you think will make the cut for this one?

Honestly have no idea, but we're pretty highly ranked and have never not had an order fulfilled so I'm not the best to ask about where the cut off is. [/not so humble brag]

I would think for a road game like this you'd need to be maybe top 1000? UT will get what, 4k tickets? Not a ton to be had after band (?), player families, etc.

Edited by LonghornSean

Guest Lobo
17 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

Rather Loyal

Not to be confused by my bodywash, Royal Lather. 

Knowing my group's usual block strategy, we'll be in E518 giving us a long walk of thrown batteries and tossed beers on us as we make the 45 minute exit after the win.  Yey.  

I'm assuming the sell beer in this stadium so there's no reason to overpay a scalper to sit in one of their club levels and be harassed during the game as well? 

Guest Lobo

Yeah I think Bentonville will work since we're doing Crystal Bridges on Friday evening.  It'll suck trying to find an uber/cab back up that way after the game on Saturday night as we're awash in Arkansas filth.  But right back to the airport on Sunday morning so probably for the best.   Only real question mark is how early to roll onto campus on Saturday afternoon for festivities and general horseplay.  

5 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Looking at tickets. If any of y'all have yours, 

1. Where did you get them?

2. What sections will most Longhorns be in? (I refuse to be surrounded by nothing but hogs)

shit looking at that map and knowing where UT tix were designated.. I'll be in the thick of hog fans..luckily i'm in a group of 4.. around the 25 yard line row 51 on the visiting side of the field.  i got my tickets from seatgeek..  after the extra fees it was just over $500 a ticket.. also it's an e-ticket so i have to wait til August to get an email or something

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Oh fuck yeah. I'll shoot you a DM/text. 

There is one who drives for the majority of their day.

There is one who has not had a drink in 15 months.

There is one who has seen the bottom of Devil's Den Cave, and let me tell you...

It's piss.

17 hours ago, markstanco said:
22 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:
ProTip: Don’t bring a car with Texas plates near the stadium. 

So many kids from dfw go there now. This ain't 1983.

Yeah, something like 25% of their student body is from Texas and the vast majority of those are from Dallas.

Arky throws around out of state fee waivers pretty free and easy.

Yeah, something like 25% of their student body is from Texas and the vast majority of those are from Dallas.
Arky throws around out of state fee waivers pretty free and easy.
A neice and friends son went there on the in state waiver and they both were not top 10%. I'm not sure of admissions there but maybe they did good on the SATs.

If I was an arkie resident I would be pissed because I lived in srkie and also the free money they give to others. Apparently a Megatron of students from STL go there as well on the same gig.

The rubes in Arkansas don't go to UA, they go to the more local state schools if they go at all.  The elite types don't necessarily go to UA.

Leaves a lot of room for kids from out of state.  I have friends, both Horns, that had one kid get into UT and one went to UA and considered walking on to the football team.  He loves it there and they're very happy with the experience.  Moreso, really, than their daughter's experience at UT.

18 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Like.... Sober Sober?  Or...."Sober"?

In between, so just sober

4 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Pretty sure he means the RV driver can’t start drinking until like 3 hours left till Fayetteville, so I’d say “sober”... 

ya basically, beers when we cross into Arky

11 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

In between, so just sober

ya basically, beers when we cross into Arky

I can handle that sign me up for backup driver if JohnnyRage falls through.  I looked it up it’s only a little over 8 hours that’s not bad at all.

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1

I got an Airbnb on the south side of Fayettenam if y’all need a place to park the RV on Saturday night. Was in Columbus in 2005 - I expect this to be similar. Hope I can dodge the bottles thrown from the upper deck now that I’m in my 50s like I did then 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/23/2021 at 8:04 AM, SA-KC_Horn said:

I'm down, never been to a state of retards and ready to knuc if you're buck.

All you need to do is drive from TX to Florida on I10, you hit three states full of them before arriving at Mecca.  

12 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

The rubes in Arkansas don't go to UA, they go to the more local state schools if they go at all.  The elite types don't necessarily go to UA.

Leaves a lot of room for kids from out of state.  I have friends, both Horns, that had one kid get into UT and one went to UA and considered walking on to the football team.  He loves it there and they're very happy with the experience.  Moreso, really, than their daughter's experience at UT.

That’s fairly accurate.  Arky is only a little more than half Arkansas kids at this point.  (They’re about 25% Texas kids.). The top tier academic kids in HS generally go out of state, leaving the next tier for Arky and everyone else into glorified junior colleges that are the directional state schools.

Arkansas is a small, poor, state and Arky has 26K student slots to fill.

Tons of Texas transplants in general in Northwest Arkansas and hardly anyone in Bentonville is actually from Arkansas but go 30 miles in either direction and you’re on the set of Deliverance.

• Hook 'Em 1

Lots of Midwestern transplants in NWA too.  I mean, it's like 10 miles from actually being in the census definition of Midwest, but you get the drift.

I've been through that area a few times recently and you have to get out in the hills to get that real Arkansas vibe.  The developed areas feel like they could be any part of the country.

• 3 weeks later...

LHF email just went out for requesting away tickets. Deadline is July 1.

"Tickets for Texas Football away games are offered to all football season ticket holders. Requesting away game tickets does not guarantee fulfillment. Due to the limited number of tickets allocated to The University of Texas, we anticipate demand for the September 11 game at Arkansas to be high.

Priority ticket limits are based on total Annual Fund gift; seat locations are determined by Loyalty Points rank. Your credit card will only be charged if your order if fulfilled; orders will be fulfilled at a later date.

The following priority ticket limits apply for Away game requests: Annual donations $25,000 & above may request up to 6 tickets total, annual donations of $4,000-$24,999 may request up to 4 tickets total, and annual donations of $50-$3,999 and below may request up to 2 tickets. Location is determined by Loyalty Point rank. Click on the away game(s) below to request tickets and to indicate any special handling as necessary."

Edited by LonghornSean

Guest Lobo

Maybe 520's or something then.  Whatever it is, it's upper corner endzone.  Worst of the worst.  But we ballers like that yo. 

• 2 weeks later...