Hot Damn Buc'ees Daytona is OPEN!

MrPhlegm

8 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Holee-Shit
Now it has been over 25 years since I left Texas (well Houston), I've been back every few years or so, and I've driven to SA, Austin, Brenham, CC, etc) so I've seen Buc-ee's before. In March we drove to Fla for spring break (13 of us & I'm too cheap to fly them all), but people are bat shit crazy in Georgia about a Texas sized convenience store, with 100 gas pumps, maybe that many bathroom stalls/urninals, all kinds of crappy snacks & drinks, a million kitschy souvenirs though they do have decent sandwiches for travelling. Hell there were traffic jams getting out of the parking lot, had to drive around to find an open pump; I swear these are the same red-neck idiots who will stop to see the worlds biggest ball of string.....which we would also stop at for Mrs. Fairway. 
And yes she did buy Buc-ee nuggets to bring back home to friends and family  FML

(sidenote - I cannot believe there is not a thread for all things Buc-ee's on this board, or maybe I couldn't find it)

I'll take Smile Gas over Bucee's. They have killer ribs.

Yeah the larger stores have become a nightmare to deal with. There used to be a couple you could order food at the pump, that was badass and cut down wait time. 

I don’t understand people buying merchandise with a fucking beaver on it like they are sponsored by the place. I don’t want gas station gear. 

Yeah the larger stores have become a nightmare to deal with. There used to be a couple you could order food at the pump, that was badass and cut down wait time. 

I don’t understand people buying merchandise with a fucking beaver on it like they are sponsored by the place. I don’t want gas station gear. 

They have kids.

There is Bucees like convenience store chain popping up around South Texas called The Texan.    I think their biggest store which most resembles this is off US 59 in Victoria?   Unlike Bucees they accommodate Truckers albeit they don’t have scales like Loves or Pilot so it’s not a full service Truck Stop.  

I do wonder how long it will be until Bucees sues them for  what they think might be trademark infractions?   They took a store that many are familiar with to court that is between Corpus in San Antonio on I 37 near Three Rivers called Choke Canyon and won.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Buc-ee-s-beaver-trademark-texas-choke-canyon-gator-12934353.php

48 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

There is Bucees like convenience store chain popping up around South Texas called The Texan.    I think their biggest store which most resembles this is off US 59 in Victoria?   Unlike Bucees they accommodate Truckers albeit they don’t have scales like Loves or Pilot so it’s not a full service Truck Stop.  

I do wonder how long it will be until Bucees sues them for  what they think might be trademark infractions?   They took a store that many are familiar with to court that is between Corpus in San Antonio on I 37 near Three Rivers called Choke Canyon and won.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Buc-ee-s-beaver-trademark-texas-choke-canyon-gator-12934353.php

I always assumed that a "full service truck stop" had whores working the parking lots.  Now I learn it's something to do with scales.

* if Vic was a trucker, he could lead the whores over to the scales, and then select the heaviest.

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Yeah I have been seeing them for about 2 years now. The one you are talking about is at 59 and 185 heading to Bloomington. It has a dog park area.

I think they are also GQP donors.

That’s it.  It’s been our midway  restroom stop for our trips to MD Anderson.   It wouldn’t shock me if Bucees takes them to court because they have some of the same features in their stores, albeit they don’t have their own brand of snack items like Choke Canyon had that Bucees sued them for or huge souvenir shop.   

2 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Yeah I have been seeing them for about 2 years now. The one you are talking about is at 59 and 185 heading to Bloomington. It has a dog park area.

I think they are also GQP donors.

eagle ford shale money. they also had a shitty steak house in victoria, already closed down

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

eagle ford shale money. they also had a shitty steak house in victoria, already closed down

Those people are definitely laundering money through those steakhouses. Opened like 6 restaurants in their first three years and half are in small towns in the middle of no where.  

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

Those people are definitely laundering money through those steakhouses. Opened like 6 restaurants in their first three years and half are in small towns in the middle of no where.  

the one Victoria really sucked, per reports 

chain of huge gas stations would be the perfect spot to move drugs 

Edited by tx 3 putt

• 3 weeks later...

The buc-ee’s champagne flutes are quite the suave wedding gift

3 hours ago, Chopper said:

Have only stopped for gas and the rr at Buccees. But their brisket sucks, right? There's a bucees opening just south of Fort Collins soon. I don't expect it'll satisfy any craving for Texas bbq.

Sheeeit. I'm sure it will attract some quality folks off the I-25 corridor

Oil and Gas is at its roots CR. Any business related to it is CR. I’m not saying anyone should or should not patronize said establishment, but folks should know where their money is going.

They have electric charging stations to appease the douchebag clientele.

And I understand they harness rainbow energy and beaver farts to generate the power.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 4/12/2023 at 10:10 PM, Fondren & Main said:

It’s too crowded.  Nobody goes there any more.

As a kid we used to wait outside the Astrodome near the team parking lot to try to get autographs. One Sunday after a noon game we were cajoling Yogi but he said he had to get home before his bedtime. /csb

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

CR’ing up a Buccees thread was not on my bingo card

I appreciated learning the owner is a bigwig political aggy donor but causing the discussion to veer from obese floridians engorging themselves on junk food, and the +/- of going to bucees may indeed have been a mistake.

• Like 1

I appreciated learning the owner is a bigwig political aggy donor but causing the discussion to veer from obese floridians engorging themselves on junk food, and the +/- of going to bucees may indeed have been a mistake.

Other that the Aggy Factor….my main beef with Buccees is that they plant billboards at or near every mom and pop stop within a hundred miles of one of their stores.

I’ll continue to flip between Praseks and Hruskas when taking the IH-10/71 route, and Chapel Hill Bakery when going 290.

Woody’s when DFW-bound
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, hornmpa96 said:

The Texan in Schulenberg has become my fueling stop going back to Houston from South Texas. It has the benefit of being across the Highway from a Whataburger so I can order online while filling up. Massive time-saver.

Team The Texan...same shit (and amount of shitters) better quality and prices

Edited by RollLeft

1 hour ago, hornmpa96 said:

The Texan in Schulenberg has become my fueling stop going back to Houston from South Texas. It has the benefit of being across the Highway from a Whataburger so I can order online while filling up. Massive time-saver.

The one between Victoria and Seadrift off 59 is awesome, too.

3 hours ago, hornmpa96 said:

praseks or the Texan for me. If I’m just getting gas, any Exxon 

On 4/13/2023 at 9:20 AM, Steamboat1874 said:

I have always wondered how many of those fuel tanks they have buried under their parking lot.

Last time I stopped at one was coming back from Kansas and it is the one by Texas Motor Speedway.

They must have 200 or more gas pumps there.

you could probably look it up on the TCEQ website, but overall capacity for the big sites is something like 180,000 unleaded, 90,000 premium, 90,000 diesel.  or so i've heard 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I went to the Buc-ees at the speedway at 35 and 114. Needed gas and the traffic to go the the QT across the Highway sucked so filled up and went inside to piss and get a drink. Wife decides to grab a gift for the daughter in law and granddaughters. I’m grabbing some snacks. And some kind of chanting starts. A few minutes later again. Then again.

The barbecue dudes are doing some kind of Aggie style yell practice shit. I expected some bedazzled overalls and that stupid one legged spasm thing. So fucking stupid and annoying. I had not seen that before.

11 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

So I went to the Buc-ees at the speedway at 35 and 114. Needed gas and the traffic to go the the QT across the Highway sucked so filled up and went inside to piss and get a drink. Wife decides to grab a gift for the daughter in law and granddaughters. I’m grabbing some snacks. And some kind of chanting starts. A few minutes later again. Then again.

The barbecue dudes are doing some kind of Aggie style yell practice shit. I expected some bedazzled overalls and that stupid one legged spasm thing. So fucking stupid and annoying. I had not seen that before.

Yeah, they dance around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots every time they cut into a new brisket.

On 4/13/2023 at 8:37 PM, Nueces River Rat said:

Wow, can't believe they sided with Buc-ees on that. It's like confusing Walmart and Target because they are both big box stores.

Yeah, they dance around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots every time they cut into a new brisket.

I never saw any bbq joints in kc with a bunch of whooping ballerinas.

This is Aggie whoop gay boy stuff. Owner is an Aggie hence he’s bringing that numbskullery to his store.

Ohioans trying to ruin buc-ee's:

Two truckers were ready to experience clean restrooms, fresh jerky, and Beaver-branded merchandise for the first time when they were turned away because their vehicle didn’t meet the Buc-ee’s standard. On April 25, Dawn and Richard Thompson were forced out of a Texas Buc-ee's because their semi-truck wasn't allowed in the parking lot.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/bucees-semi-trucks-18076876.php

Edited by elfenix
better write up