2021 Texas spring football thread

Machinator

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Is this the first time his name has actually been in the portal? Feels like he leaves the team and rejoins every 6 months or so. I have more patience for the fuckery of college kids than some here but even I'm through with him. It's a position of need but in addition to being a first team all Big12 flake he's also just not that good. 

How can we miss you if you won't actually leave Juwan?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

Is this the first time his name has actually been in the portal? Feels like he leaves the team and rejoins every 6 months or so. I have more patience for the fuckery of college kids than some here but even I'm through with him. It's a position of need but in addition to being a first team all Big12 flake he's also just not that good. 

How can we miss you if you won't actually leave Juwan?

He was indeed - the first time I made the Juwan in the Portal thread.

Edited by texifornia

6 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Why do "we" do this? A guy contributes (or doesn't) and makes a decision to transfer and gets shit on.

Some of you need more Telephone Enrollment eXchange in your mood.

He’s been a malcontent and he sucks on the field. What do you expect? I don’t usually shit on players who leave the program, but Juwan deserves it. 

• Hook 'Em 6

15 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Please forgive me Shooter, but if memory serves correctly, you’re the poster who can’t afford to lose any more body parts, right? 

We’re not expecting lightning storms today in Texas, are we?

*I asked Shooter to forgive me!

No apology necessary, good one Vito

• Hook 'Em 2

I can’t help but read all Shooter’s posts in Sam Elliott’s voice. I’m dealing with a pinched nerve and it has me acting like a little bitch, so I appreciate your positive worldview. I know you’d have my back in a roadhouse brawl, or dispense wisdom in a bowling alley. 

On the subject of football, see ya later, Juwan. I appreciate you chose my alma mater, but unfortunately, your act has grown tiresome. 

Burton

Spoiler

Starting linebacker Juwan Mitchell entered his name into the NCAA transfer portal yesterday.

Mitchell was held out of team activities in early winter to tend to academic issues. Then, upon returning to the field, Mitchell ran with the twos in the first practice of spring.

Rather than taking it as a sign that he needed to pick things up and move forward, Mitchell allegedly pouted and didn’t participate in team functions for the next couple of days.

Mitchell is a fire brand as a player. His tenacity, style and relative production will be missed on the field.

But it’s obvious that Steve Sarkisian and Pete Kwiatkowski didn’t come to town to play around.

They’re asking for buy-in from all players at all times. It’s clear that Mitchell wasn’t bought in all of the time.

We’ll be watching to see if talented Houston sophomore David Gbenda takes command of the position with Mitchell’s departure.

• Hook 'Em 4

The reporters aren't tweeting much. Some notes from Taylor Estes at 247:

Sarkisian has arrived. He said the guys were a little sluggish to open practice.

Sarkisian said it was understandable why the guys were a little tired since they were out of practice for the last week.

With Juwan Mitchell in the portal, Sarkisian said he believes they have some young guys with talent at the position.

When asked about his rotation at positions, he said DBs and D-line are some positions that will be rotated based off depth if it's needed. Same with receivers.

The center position is the 'quarterback of the offensive line.'

Sarkisian acknowledged Majors and Ghirmai are standing out at center.

Right now it's not set in stone. Sark said Kyle Flood is rotating guys a lot just to see how they gel together.

On the Eyes of Texas, Sarkisian said the biggest thing is that they are all on the same page. He doesn't feel there is an issue currently with recruits being turned off by the situation.

In evaluating QBs, he said there needs to be an innate competitiveness in them and they have to be a leader.

Sarkisian said he thinks Texas has two QBs with those characteristics.

When asked if there is any receivers who are connecting well with either Casey or Hudson, he said it's too early and guys are a little shaking off the jitters. He said it's easier for some of the veteran players to have earlier connection but its too early to say.

Sarkisian said he's not a fan of doing back-to-back days of full padded contact practice.

Sark said you can't be afraid to get hurt when you go full contact because the minute you do, that's when guys will get hurt.

Sark said he believes there is good athleticism on the d-line.

Sarkisian said they have enough time to get in all 15 practices, even if some come after the spring game.

Troy Omeire is running, going through individual and is going through limited team work.

Omeire looks like he's getting more comfortable with getting back in the flow.

From the understanding of the offense standpoint, Omeire is on pace with the rest of the team.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Eggo said:

God damn Sark just mushroom stamped Chip in his presser. 12:50 is the start of his question, immediately followed by Sark's response:

I love it!  No time for bullshit questions.

I was initially skeptical of the Sark hire, but apart from a Mark Stoops-sized speedbump I have to say that I’m a convert.

It's pretty clear that Sark already knows FCB is a nitwit, but how else could he have responded to that question? "They need to lose about 40 pounds a piece and then we'll be in good shape"? Fuck that guy and his trap questions. 

31 minutes ago, Eggo said:

It's pretty clear that Sark already knows FCB is a nitwit, but how else could he have responded to that question? "They need to lose about 40 pounds a piece and then we'll be in good shape"? Fuck that guy and his trap questions. 

Lol how do you measure “fast for a fat guy?”