2021 Texas spring football thread

Machinator

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Based on a single play Bijan is going to run for 2,000 yards but our defense will be terrible. - Surly

Yeah. Everyone forgets to remember that Bijan is the best RB in college football, and there are maybe 3-4 teams that have a RB that could be in that category. It's also likely Texas doesn't play any of those teams.

31 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yeah. Everyone forgets to remember that Bijan is the best RB in college football, and there are maybe 3-4 teams that have a RB that could be in that category. It's also likely Texas doesn't play any of those teams.

But are we remembering to forget?

IT's take on Josh Thompson

Spoiler

UT's Josh Thompson tweaked his hamstring during yesterday's practice, but sources say it's not serious, and he should only miss a few days. Thompson has been the best corner on the roster this spring, but appears to only be a minor setback. We'll keep you posted.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

Surprised they posted this clip of Omeire, he appears to come up hurt at the end.

http://instagr.am/p/CNp5a06B1DY/

I had 2 acl reconstructions on my right knee in high school. I can tell you that for the first few months of going full speed every little tweak will make your body wince a little. You walk it off and move on when you realize everything is fine. 

42 minutes ago, Big_kat said:

I had 2 acl reconstructions on my right knee in high school. I can tell you that for the first few months of going full speed every little tweak will make your body wince a little. You walk it off and move on when you realize everything is fine. 

Could also be scar tissue breaking up.

Put Bijan in gawd damn bubble wrap.  I saw enough from his break out run where he spun, juked, and stiff armed a defender in one run.  Some guys have elite traits and Bijan and Jordan Whittington both have it.  Put them in bubble wrap because I'm worried what this offense will look without those two players
Wow, pretty hard to put jordan and Bijan in the same sentence here.

One is considered arguably a top 3 rb, and the other likes to work out. We've all seen this before with WRs. Recently.

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

One is considered arguably a top 3 rb, and the other likes to work out. We've all seen this before with WRs. Recently.

Enough with the negative waves Moriarty...

3 hours ago, markstanco said:

I think we’re all about to see Whittington finally ball out this season.  I understand  it’s hard to have faith after his injury history but I believe. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, futureman said:

A48DF234-0F26-4C4D-BADD-2637B29B9E69.png

According to Jason, if you can't score a touchdown from the 50 as a RB every single snap, then why even play the game. Texas unfortunately "has to play him"... I am going to be really disappointed when he repeats his KState and Colorado performances multiple times this year. Sigh.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, futureman said:

A48DF234-0F26-4C4D-BADD-2637B29B9E69.png

Jason Caviness:

I am a moron and my shit's all regarded.

Seriously, WTF. Of course, the same complaints used to be made about Emmitt Smith, and I'm willing to bet Bijan's top speed puts Emmitt in his prime to shame, but what the fuck ever. CRACK:  Not even once.

• Hook 'Em 1

Bijan jump cuts through a hole in the wide zone. You recover from your FS position and do all you can to chase him down after a 60 yard gain - at which point he spins, you crumple, and get the best seat in the house as he jogs in.

Bijan: You hope you can get a hand on him.

RoJo: You hope you can't get a hand on him.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Haven't been that many Heisman winning RBs in recent history, but I am pretty sure that D Henry, M Ingram and R Dayne didn't run sub 4.5 40s. 

I wouldn't call Ricky Williams or Cedric Benson speed backs by any definition, but they're among the NCAA greats and ran all over aggy for their careers at Texas.

• Hook 'Em 2

I think it means “Bijan Robinson is a serviceable back but is only going to get carriers until Texas can find a warm body to replace him.”  
Hillarious - coming from a program with “little man” syndrome who has spent their lives trying to convince themselves that their player is clearly better than Texas’ version when in fact they are typically 80% as good - at best.

Edited by Lhorn

1 minute ago, Lhorn said:

I think it means “Bijan Robinson is a serviceable back but is only going to get carriers until Texas can find a warm body to replace him.”  
Hillarious - coming from a program with “little man” syndrome who has spent their lives trying to convince themselves that their player is clearly better than Texas’ version when in fact they are typically 80% as good - at best.

Unfortunately, the idiot who wrote that is a Texas graduate.

I can confirm that he is an idiot because he allowed his kids to attend Baylor and Texas A&M.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2