2021 Texas spring football thread

Machinator

1 hour ago, USMCHorn said:

Holy fucking shit. Do you cry about every fucking thing? A fucking pointless post crying about pointless bullshit with a hint of self-righteous indignation mixed in. Fuck you, dad, go police the fucking daily texan or sum shit.

How’d I do?

He's not going to like this. Prepare your anus.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Holy fucking shit. Fuck every single one of you on the last 3 pages. A fucking boring and pointless uniform argument with a really stupid real estate discussion mixed in. Just fuck each and every one of you dipshits getting involved with either thing. 

This x100. I wonder how lame a person has to be to contribute to such useless drivel that is totally off topic from the threads purpose. And save me that its a surly "rite of passage" for a thread to derail, it's dumb as fuck. And too many of you are stupid fucks anyway and should really just stick to reading threads.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Someone who takes his own advice and isn't worried about being "known" by any of you lame fuck sticks on this board.

The trick is: kick someone's ass the first day or become someone's bitch. Then everything will be all right. 

• Like 1

TFB practice notes (CJ Vogel)

Spoiler

I was able to connect with a source to get some final notes on practice ahead of the spring game on Saturday. I’ll get right into it.

*** Off the bat, the source noted the offensive lines on the first and second teams. Here are how they were relayed to me:

First Team

LT – Christian Jones
LG – Denzel Okafor
C – Jake Majors
RG – Junior Angilau
RT – Andrej Karic
The second team was a combination of Isaiah Hookfin, Tyler Johnson, Logan Parr, Hayden Conner and Tope Imade. I believe the second unit was presented in the order of which they lined up from left to right on the line.

I personally have not heard a whole lot about Jaylen Garth. I do know he is getting his reps at the tackle position alongside Christian Jones.

The source added that Karic and Tope Imade had been trading reps with the ones on Thursday.

*** I was told safety Brenden Schooler had been working with the twos for most of spring, but do not be surprised if he gets some runs with the first team. He has had a very impressive spring.

*** Some quarterback notes: Hudson Card was with the first team this morning. Again, the two quarterbacks have traded off days with the first and second unit, but today was Card’s day.

Source told me that Card had a filthy run today in the team portion that left multiple defenders on the ground. Card probably won’t be asked to use his legs often, but he is more than capable to make something happen on the ground if the play falls apart.

Also worth noting that Card has been used as the holder in the kicking game.

*** I’m told Juan Davis has been getting some good looks in the pass game.

*** Speaking of pass catchers, Jordan Whittington continues to be the most impressive WR in the bunch.

Al’Vonte Woodard made an impressive touchdown snag this morning in 7v7 period.

Troy Omeire, who tweeted he will get limited snaps in Saturday’s Spring game, was running with the ones in a green no-contact jersey this morning.

*** On an injury front, I thought it was interesting when I heard that Derrick Harris Jr. was suited out today. He is recovering from a torn ACL but is getting back into the groove of moving around again. He is still a bit away from being fully back, but good to hear nonetheless.

*** Luke Brockermeyer has been getting some run with the ones. He has had a great spring as [Darius Terrell] noted in Thirsty Thursday. He was alongside David Gbenda with the first team defense.

*** A current look at the secondary:

First Team:

LB – David Gbenda, Luke Brockermeyer
S – Jerrin Thompson, BJ Foster
CB – D’Shawn Jamison, Darion Dunn
nCB – Chris Adimora
Second Team:

LB – Terrence Cooks II, Jaylan Ford
S – Brenden Schooler, Tyler Owens
CB – Jahdae Barron, Jamier Johnson
nCB – Anthony Cook
*** I’m told not much has changed on the defensive line. Still Ray Thornton and Jacoby Jones on the edges. Keondre Coburn and Moro Ojomo in the middle with Alfred Collins swapping in.

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

When will we know which teams have what players for this game? I did read that it was going to be basically team orange vs team white with split roster and more game like than some weird format.

They've announced that teams will be picked and that it will be normal football scoring (team vs. team).  No live kicking, just offense vs. defense.  

27 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

When will we know which teams have what players for this game? I did read that it was going to be basically team orange vs team white with split roster and more game like than some weird format.

Weird format?  Like how Mack used to do it?   4 points per explosive play, 2 points per forty yard punt?

I really, really like Casey. He seems very easy to root for. Dude is a son of a former Oklahoma QB and yet he stuck with us knowing he was not going to get a chance over Sam. Hope he gets his shot this season to show what he can do. 
He will, Sark isn't insane. He has an upperclassman QB with an impressive bowl win under his belt versus one right out of HS with tons of potential. That doesn't mean Card doesn't get a shot if Casey seriously struggles at times..but still.

2 minutes ago, ousux said:
4 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:
I really, really like Casey. He seems very easy to root for. Dude is a son of a former Oklahoma QB and yet he stuck with us knowing he was not going to get a chance over Sam. Hope he gets his shot this season to show what he can do. 

He will, Sark isn't insane. He has an upperclassman QB with an impressive bowl win under his belt versus one right out of HS with tons of potential. That doesn't mean Card doesn't get a shot if Casey seriously struggles at times..but still.

Takes me back to 2011 when we desperately (like desperately) wanted David Ash to catch on but ended up subbing Case McCoy coming out of every half time. 

Oh God not this again. 

7 minutes ago, Eggo said:

Takes me back to 2011 when we desperately (like desperately) wanted David Ash to catch on but ended up subbing Case McCoy coming out of every half time. 

Oh God not this again. 

If Sarkisian thinks alternating between Thompson/Card is OK, then I am OK with it.  Either of Card or Thompson are better choices than either of Ash or McCoy.

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, ousux said:
5 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:

That's... not how this works. He'll pick the best guy, storyline be damned. Card's also not "right out of HS" anymore. That QB is Charles Wright.

And I'm pulling for Casey to win, I'm not being an LT honk here.

That's... not how this works. He'll pick the best guy, storyline be damned. Card's also not "right out of HS" anymore. That QB is Charles Wright.
And I'm pulling for Casey to win, I'm not being an LT honk here.
Basically he is, I know he got some garbage time against a whipped Utep during their shortened covid year if memory serves, (and again in the Alamo bowl) but thats not quite baptism by fire that Casey faced against a Colorado team he was supposed to be backup for. Don't get me wrong, if Card wins the job outright then I'll trust Sark knows what he's doing...and I'll be excited for the future.

I'm basing this on 9.95er reports at least being somewhat accurate and neither QB pulling away from the other. In that case you go with the older more experienced QB.

13 minutes ago, ousux said:

Basically he is, I know he got some garbage time against a whipped Utep during their shortened covid year if memory serves, (and again in the Alamo bowl) but thats not quite baptism by fire that Casey faced against a Colorado team he was supposed to be backup for. Don't get me wrong, if Card wins the job outright then I'll trust Sark knows what he's doing...and I'll be excited for the future.

I'm basing this on 9.95er reports at least being somewhat accurate and neither QB pulling away from the other. In that case you go with the older more experienced QB.

Warrior-Amused-Points-As-He-Laughs-In-Tr

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, Horn117 said:

That's a well balanced vibe he has going. Players laughing but still working.

Yes. Hard not to notice the differences between our past S&C approaches which included the pit of despair for the injured and eating trash for the weak.

• Like 3