2021 Texas spring football thread

Machinator

3 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Boyd is really on one here:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.1dfadaf39036ad7abe6976d188a9c0ce.png

I understand his thing is the importance of the aerial attack and he's right about the devaluation of great rbs but this is some bullshit. No fucking way I'm giving up Bijan for QJ.

image.png

He's a fucking lunatic.  There's at least one (usually multiple) Quentin Johnston caliber player in Texas every single year.  I can't remember the last time our state produced a Bijan.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

He's a fucking lunatic.  There's at least one (usually multiple) Quentin Johnston caliber player in Texas every single year.  I can't remember the last time our state produced a Bijan.

Real galaxy brain shit:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a847c128bdae47c78eac15f9fdb62445.png

Ricky Williams sure was lucky to have Major and McGarity open up some space for him. Certainly it wasn't the other way around. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

Has there been a discussion about weight differences from the newly posted roster compared to 2020's.  Normally, an article gets posted but perhaps it's too early for that.  After a brief look, here's what I've found:

• Almost all skill positions are down a few pounds, aside from the Safeties: J. Thompson, BJ Foster, and Schooler.  May be missing a few.
  • Even Josh Moore managed to lose a few pounds.
  • Angilau previously listed at 294, now at 316
  • T. Johnson previously listed at 300, now at 324
  • Dorbah still pretty light to play edge
  • T'Vondre Sweat down 8 pounds
  • Snacks still doing snacks

https://texassports.com/sports/football/roster/2020

https://texassports.com/sports/football/roster

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hmmm said:

Has there been a discussion about weight differences from the newly posted roster compared to 2020's.  Normally, an article gets posted but perhaps it's too early for that.  After a brief look, here's what I've found:

• Almost all skill positions are down a few pounds, aside from the Safeties: J. Thompson, BJ Foster, and Schooler.  May be missing a few.

Is it possible you have this backward?

14 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Studies may have proven it is, but my personal experience of filling out my own form in Harris County and city of Houston, “black” isn’t listed as a pre-exiting condition. Of course as I said, every city is different

Ayup. Here in Whale's Vagina, you're considered enough overweight to qualify if your BMI is over 25. So if you're 5'10" and 175 pounds, you qualify.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

the point I’m attempting to make is, sure it’s frustrating but bitching and moaning about shit we don’t know and can’t control is fucking stupid. And you look like an asshole doing it. We won’t be the only school that has to do this shit. Let’s just hope it’s the last year. 

Why you hate surlyhorns?

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I’m guessing ALL students, before being able to enroll this fall, must have been vaccinated against Covid.  

It will be interesting to see if this happens. Already some places, like Rutgers, have made this announcement. Hopefully UT does as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm down 10 from the holidays... 207 to 197... I should be about 190 by end of summer. Working on my flexibility and conditioning. I'll still occasionally hit a 3RM, but I'm switching to 8 to 10 rep sets to help my joints...

But the slacks ain't changing, bruh.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

He is. Defenses are going to stack up to deal with the Bijan threat so much that the typical Surly poster would be able to get open downfield.

17 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It's like Bobby Knight to the Blazer's GM that didn't want to draft MJ because they needed a center. "Then play him at center"

• Like 2

IT

Spoiler

TEAM

The pause enacted due to Covid should be short-lived. In fact, the team may hold a walk-through on Saturday and resume practices as early as Monday. The players will be re-tested again multiple times in the coming days. There were only a few positive tests. Practices were mainly halted due to contact tracing.

We still gleaned some useful depth chart info during the short week of work.

QB: Casey Thompson and Hudson Card splitting duties
RB: Bijan Robinson; Roschon Johnson
TE: Cade Brewer; Jared Wiley; Malcolm Epps; Juan Davis/Gunnar Helm

The outside receivers rotate sides of the field. Basically, receivers are either outside or inside with no X or Z attached to the position. We’ll see if that changes over time. Wide receiver is a bit of a mess right now with Jake Smith being injured and Josh Moore being out.

WR: Jordan Whittington (outside) and Jake Smith (inside, before injury) and Kelvontay Dixon (in place of Josh Moore); Marcus Washington (outside) and Kai Money (inside) and Al’Vonte Woodard (outside)

With Smith out, Whittington could be moved inside. In any event, Jaden Alexis won’t be behind Kai Money long. This staff isn’t upsetting the applecart out of the gates, in case you haven’t noticed. That’s a smart managerial tactic. Come in and observe first, then go from there.

Woodard did have a good first practice and is widely respected as the elder statesman.

OL (left to right): Christian Jones-Denzel Okafor-Jake Majors-Junior Angilau-Andrej Karic. We’re not sure what the second team o-line looks like and would rather not guess.

DL (X-backer to Jack): Ray Thornton-Vernon Broughton-Keondre Coburn-Jacoby Jones. Again, things are murky on second team, especially with Alfred Collins limited and T’Vondre Sweat out. Prince Dorbah did flash some in the first practice. He’s at the X behind Thornton.

LB: David Gbenda (Mike) and Jaylan Ford (Will); Jaden Hullaby (Mike) and Juwan Mitchell (Will). Oh, Juwan. Mitchell practiced with the second team on Tuesday then missed team activities on Wednesday. There’s talk he might be done for the spring. Jett Bush is also a Will.

CB: Josh Thompson and D’Shawn Jamison; Darion Dunn and Kitan Crawford.

N: Anthony Cook and Chris Adimora. This should be a good battle. While the position favors coverage ability which benefits Cook, Adimora lost weight to better meet those demands.

DB: BJ Foster (boundary) and Jerrin Thompson (field). We believe Tyler Owens is behind Foster and Brenden Schooler and JD Coffey are behind Thompson.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Machinator said:

WR: Jordan Whittington (outside) and Jake Smith (inside, before injury) and Kelvontay Dixon (in place of Josh Moore); Marcus Washington (outside) and Kai Money (inside) and Al’Vonte Woodard (outside)

Given the state of affairs, contributions from Washington and Woodard would really solidify this room.

Although hopefully you go into fall with Whit, Smith, Moore, Omeire, Dixon all ready to go. Would be great to have Wash and Wood rounding out the top 7 rather than an Alexis, Harrison, Money or Lee. I assume Lewis is dead weight. 

19 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Ray Thornton-Vernon Broughton-Keondre Coburn-Jacoby Jones.

Damn so Collins comes back and Ojomo is third on the depth chart at 3-tech? Tough pill for a starter last year. 

On 3/25/2021 at 5:23 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

Under chronic conditions sickle-cell is listed. Just put you have family history of. They literally don't check.

Doesn't matter much anymore since Texas is about to open vaccines to all. I'm glad I was able to get mine earlier with a little white lie. It was a pain in the ass to sign up then for the most part until my friend told me the Wal-Mart method. I can't imagine the entire general population signing up now. Get my second dose April 7 btw.

Jesus  what an asshole.  hopefully your little white lie didnt cause my elderly parents or someone elses at risk loved ones to be delayed or get sick. 
fucking christ im sick of this selfish me first, if it doesnt affect me it must not be a real thing, its not a real problem because i dont have to deal with it bullshit.  

fuck what an asshole thing to say and do.  ive never done this on the internet or in an anonymous forum but i hope you get hit by a truck in front of your family.  dick

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 5

8 hours ago, Snacks said:

I'm down 10 from the holidays... 207 to 197... I should be about 190 by end of summer. Working on my flexibility and conditioning. I'll still occasionally hit a 3RM, but I'm switching to 8 to 10 rep sets to help my joints...

But the slacks ain't changing, bruh.

Change username to Slacks?

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Dude, I  got the vaccine because the person initially registered canceled.  But rest assured sit on your high horse and chastise me for using the system in place for cancellation. It’s a far better option than the vaccine getting wasted because a cancelation. 

Well, initially it read like you got it because you lied about a chronic condition. Which would make you an asshole. But not the board for this.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Eugene11 said:

Jesus  what an asshole.  hopefully your little white lie didnt cause my elderly parents or someone elses at risk loved ones to be delayed or get sick. 
fucking christ im sick of this selfish me first, if it doesnt affect me it must not be a real thing, its not a real problem because i dont have to deal with it bullshit.  

fuck what an asshole thing to say and do.  ive never done this on the internet or in an anonymous forum but i hope you get hit by a truck in front of your family.  dick

So... practice was good today?