Tea

SimonBolivar

I like tea.  My go to brands are Harney & Sons (https://www.harney.com/pages/about-us) which is a family run New York based company, and Mariage Freres, which is French.  Should be noted, Harney & Sons blends the teas for some of the Royal Palaces.

Other good teas are the Fortnum and Mason teas and the Dammann Freres teas.  

• Hook 'Em 3

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not a big tea drinker, but I was going to post the same thing Simon did in the first post.  I always buy a couple boxes when I visit Seattle (it's also available online of course).  Everyone in my office knows when I make some because of the cinnamon smell.

Market Spice Tea has some other decent ones, I think their chai is pretty good. 

I don't dislike tea by any stretch, but I don't drink it very regularly.  Sometimes herb tea or Constant Comment when it's cold and I feel sickly.

One exception is that some time ago, my wife bought some Lipton Green Tea in bottles.  It was pretty damned good, but artificially sweetened.

At some point, I decided that to eliminate the sweetener and keep the cost and number of plastic bottles we generate down, I would make a pitcher of green tea and keep it in the fridge.  I initially made "sun tea," but found out that that is a bacterial no-no, so made it in the fridge just by throwing teabags in the pitcher.

Strangely, the store seems to run out of Lipton Green Tea bags with fair regularity, so I get store brand, or whatever is available.  I can't tell much difference between the various brands, except Bigelow sells one with lemon that's pretty tasty, but kind of spendy for mass drinkage.  I've also tried boiling and steeping before putting it in the pitcher.  Can't tell much difference.  Stripping 8 tea bags is kind of a pain in the ass, depending on the packaging.

tl;dr I drink a couple of glasses of green tea most days.  Cold, usually without ice.

I went to FIESTA (in Dallas) over a year ago and got about a pound of hibiscus for under $4.

It's about 13 months on and I still have some hibiscus still to go in that bag.

I slap some leaves in most of my teas, whether it is green tea or Yerba mate tea bags (a.k.a. "mate cocido") or with chamomile at night, that extra tang & Vitamin C is a nice addition to whatever the hell I'm drinking. I've got some in a big mug with a Lemon/Ginger teabag and a Roasted Dandelion Root teabag.

On 4/13/2021 at 4:59 AM, Napoleon said:

I went to FIESTA (in Dallas) over a year ago and got about a pound of hibiscus for under $4.

It's about 13 months on and I still have some hibiscus still to go in that bag.

I slap some leaves in most of my teas, whether it is green tea or Yerba mate tea bags (a.k.a. "mate cocido") or with chamomile at night, that extra tang & Vitamin C is a nice addition to whatever the hell I'm drinking. I've got some in a big mug with a Lemon/Ginger teabag and a Roasted Dandelion Root teabag.

Red Zinger is made with hibiscus. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/23/2021 at 8:13 AM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I like tea.  My go to brands are Harney & Sons (https://www.harney.com/pages/about-us) which is a family run New York based company, and Mariage Freres, which is French.  Should be noted, Harney & Sons blends the teas for some of the Royal Palaces.

Other good teas are the Fortnum and Mason teas and the Dammann Freres teas.  

I ordered from Harney & Sons after your rec.  I'm not that into tea, but my morning espresso shots, I've noticed, have ramped my work anxiety.   I've been drinking the London Fog from Harney and TJ's English Breakfast.  Harney is great!  Lots of good Mother's Day options, too.  Thank you!