Florida Imposes Emergency Curfew Amid Spring Break Chaos [Vids]

lmao

9 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

fucking idiots, no not the spring breakers (well, ok, them too), but the Florida and Miami Beach officials who encouraged people to come there for Spring Break. Wtf did they think was going to happen?

How is this on the officials? lol

Edited by lmao
  • Hook 'Em 4

17 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

fucking idiots, no not the spring breakers (well, ok, them too), but the Florida and Miami Beach officials who encouraged people to come there for Spring Break. Wtf did they think was going to happen?

You mean like the officials who fixed the price of an airline ticket to $29?

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

It's your contention that the Miami Beach gov't officials, who've had people coming to Spring Break for decades, and as far as I can tell haven't had this type of issue before (at least not on this scale) are the problem ?  Is there evidence they started or instigated the riot, caused an escalation of an incident  with the kids ?  

Is covid to blame ?  Why do you think it was a foregone conclusion this was going to happen ?  I can't remember going to  FLA. for Spring Break, and being caught in riots on the streets.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, davidg said:

Lots of tube top tittys and weaves flying around in them videos. Didn’t see a single Worldstar! so I kinda had a sad.

Funnier than Worldstar..

Edited by lmao

Not to get too Cloak Room, but a buddy of mine who lives/works in Miami said that "Spring Breakers"  had been in Miami for about three weeks- lotta beach fun, lotta drinking, lotta debauchery. Spring Break.

But, he says that curfews and such didn't start until the students from the HBCUs arrived.... same behavior, but different response.  Could be that it took a while for the Miami folks to get tired of the chaos and crack down, but it certainly feels to him like there might be other factors involved.

Edited by NWBuck

28 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

Not to get too Cloak Room, but a buddy of mine who lives/works in Miami said that "Spring Breakers"  had been in Miami for about three weeks- lotta beach fun, lotta drinking, lotta debauchery. Spring Break.

But, he says that curfews and such didn't start until the students from the HBCUs arrived.... same behavior, but different response.  Could be that it took a while for the Miami folks to get tired of the chaos and crack down, but it certainly feels to him like there might be other factors involved.

Probably because it's a different culture of partying. Parking lot pimping, as it were. Lots of loitering and probably loud, nasty music. That sort of thing.

Either way you cut it, no matter which kids are partying, you'd have to be a masochist to want to be in Miami in March.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, NWBuck said:

Watching those videos, there is nothing I'm seeing that wasn't happening at S. Padre in the 80s. Or at Mardi Gras.

Advertise that you are open for spring break after a year of people being locked down. Yeah, its going to get crazy. Shocking.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

I’d bet about 20% of those in the videos are in college.

Not even that. Out of shape, fucked up hairlines, looks like late 20s-mid 30s and older. When I was in undergrad we went to places surrounded by our peers, not with broke oldheads burning through stimmies.

1 minute ago, lmao said:

Not even that. Out of shape, fucked up hairlines, looks like late 20s-mid 30s and older. When I was in undergrad we went to places surrounded by our peers, not with broke oldheads burning through stimmies.

10 hours ago, NWBuck said:

Videos/source of the early Spring Breakers destroying restaurants, brawls in the street, rapes, etc.?

12 hours ago, NWBuck said:

I don't know about that, maybe but we were there (SB/MB) all of last week, from March 13 until March 19, in South Beach/Miami Beach and we had no issues and saw no issues.  Granted we didn't even drive down Ocean Avenue during the day let alone at night and we engaged in classic middle aged behavior - two beers and lights out at 10pm but still it was not nuts until after we left. 

side note - wow there are a lot of "body positive" folks in Miami.  My gal and I were fretting over our 40 and 50 something bodies with swim skirts and cover ups for bikinis and who knew none of that was needed or expected.  I've now seen more fat lady bare ass crack with a thong shoved up it than I can ever forget, all in one week in Miami.  o_O

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...