Miami Spring Break ‘21 Shenanigans

Doc Reeves

So Miami is fucked right now. Near riots by spring breakers, drugging and raping chicks, rough shit going on at established beach restaurants. It’s not a case of the olds, this spring break has an edge similar to Woodstock II. Curfews in effect the rest of the week and footage of police breaking up crowds with pepper paintballs. 

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/miami-beach/article250103594.html

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article250117119.html

We just got back - stayed on 4th and Washington - a block from the curfew area. Honestly we had no issues, police blocked off the neighborhood which as a side note is one of my favorite neighborhoods.  We sat outside and drank wine etc after dark and enjoyed the sea breeze and mild temps. Of course we were asleep by 10pm and not bar hopping. Late in the week police blocked off our streets (south of fifth) to keep the revelers out but that was it. During the day was fine.  The curfew hit though the day we left.  

9-10pm or so on our streets... this is 4th, we were on a side street.

BA7BF72B-A99D-467D-A022-E461B1F5CFF6.jpeg

1DE60A15-E099-45AA-A292-574477E83F71.jpeg

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

CR crowd not chiming in. Miami Beach partiers not white enough.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Sweat dripping off foreheads. Hands trembling. Desperately searching twit for answers ... furiously texting other betas, aligning on the right TP: "Republican governor killing everyone for not enforcing rona masks" or "Republican governor and police persecuting bleks" ... while stacking up cards to play against anyone who suggests that's what they're doing and hoping no one notices who keeps attacking Asians.

I thought DT was for non political discussions. Come on over to the CR if you want to make this about race.

Or you could just hide in here.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

So Miami is fucked right now. Near riots by spring breakers, drugging and raping chicks, rough shit going on at established beach restaurants. It’s not a case of the olds, this spring break has an edge similar to Woodstock II. Curfews in effect the rest of the week and footage of police breaking up crowds with pepper paintballs. 

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/miami-beach/article250103594.html

None of this looks like a "riot." I guess a few people walked on a car. Crowd and riot don't mean the same thing. 

6 hours ago, CDAK said:

None of this looks like a "riot." I guess a few people walked on a car. Crowd and riot don't mean the same thing. 

That’s not a video of the riot. 

On Friday or Saturday there was a large crowd gathered at the beach with chicks twerking and shit, then some people went into the middle and threw money in the air and shit went wild and a popular beach restaurant was damaged. Cops almost lost control and have flooded the streets since.

5 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Free $1400 + Thousands of poor people with nothing better to do = Yay for Miami clubs, bars, motels and fast food. Banner year.

Stimulate that economy, baby!

I’m pretty sure that $$ went to hotel rooms, molly and GhB. 

More than half of the more than 1,000 arrests were from out of state, said City Manager Raul Aguila, adding many are coming “to engage in lawlessness and an ‘anything goes’ party attitude.” He also noted that the crowds weren’t eating at restaurants or patronizing businesses generating badly needed tourism dollars, but merely congregating by the thousands in the street.

By Friday night, police said the partying was out of control. One restaurant was “turned upside down” in the melee, “chairs were used as weapons,” and broken glass covered the floor.

Next door, the iconic bar, the Clevelander South Beach, announced it was temporarily suspending all food and beverage operations until at least March 24 after crowds crammed Ocean Drive, breaking out into street fights.

After gunshots were fired, a young woman cut her leg so badly in a stampede that she was transported to the hospital where they initially thought she had been shot, police said.

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/miami-spring-break-crowds-got-so-out-of-hand-that-authorities-called-in-swat-teams-set-earlier-curfew-police/

3 minutes ago, Nolacycling said:

Didn't Galveston start shutting down during a party weekend years ago?

Not the city itself, but restaurants and bars would board up and shut down during Kappa weekend years ago.  First and last times I ever saw people have sex on the causeway or in a lifeguard stand. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, CDAK said:

Fighting in restaurants, destroying other people's cars.  Yeah, nothing to see here.  Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Not the city itself, but restaurants and bars would board up and shut down during Kappa weekend years ago.  First and last times I ever saw people have sex on the causeway or in a lifeguard stand. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

That’s not a video of the riot. 

On Friday or Saturday there was a large crowd gathered at the beach with chicks twerking and shit, then some people went into the middle and threw money in the air and shit went wild and a popular beach restaurant was damaged. Cops almost lost control and have flooded the streets since.

sounds bananas.

4 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Good times. We would drive into Houston on Friday, hangout/party. Then leave for Galveston early Saturday morning. Wish I could remember the year, but it was back when I drank E&J. We left Houston at 9. I don't think we made it to Galveston until maybe 5 or later. That was okay though. 45S was one big ass party. Traffic at a standstill for so long, folks just started partying in the road. You could leave your vehicle go off for 30 minutes come back and the line might had moved 10-15ft. It was wild. Cops finally just gave up and let shit go as long as it was nothing dangerous or extremely stupid. They were getting lap dances, taking pics/videos like everyone else. By the time we actually go to the beach, that shit seemed tame.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Good times. We would drive into Houston on Friday, hangout/party. Then leave for Galveston early Saturday morning. Wish I could remember the year, but it was back when I drank E&J. We left Houston at 9. I don't think we made it to Galveston until maybe 5 or later. That was okay though. 45S was one big ass party. Traffic at a standstill for so long, folks just started partying in the road. You could leave your vehicle go off for 30 minutes come back and the line might had moved 10-15ft. It was wild. Cops finally just gave up and let shit go as long as it was nothing dangerous or extremely stupid. They were getting lap dances, taking pics/videos like everyone else. By the time we actually go to the beach, that shit seemed tame.

Same shit for Mardi Gras. One year we ended up partying on the bridge for about four hours. By the time we got to the island everything was closed, so we drove back home. It was awesome. We knew what was coming though so we had beanbag and folding chairs in the back of the truck.

Edited by BradInATX

4 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

that was you on the hood of the gold Cadillac with Dayton wheels wasn't it?

I went to Galveston for Mardi Gras many years ago (and I lived in New Orleans for a few years). The crowds were so bad that it got dangerous as in it was hard to breath. We had to push our way to a side street or the women in our group were going to get seriously injured.

15 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

that was you on the hood of the gold Cadillac with Dayton wheels wasn't it?

If I was it was because of that damn E&J. 

Maybe not long after that year was when Galveston became less welcoming.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

Honestly that looked boring as shit. I'd rather be watching UT basketball.

7 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Same shit for Mardi Gras. One year we ended up partying on the bridge for about four hours. By the time we got to the island everything was closed, so we drove back home. It was awesome. We knew what was coming though so we had beanbag and folding chairs in the back of the truck.

This happened to me in '02 or so.  Was with a girl I had just kinda started dating, and we took her car instead of my truck.  She was freaked the FUCK OUT and there was nothing we could do but stare at the feeder for several hours.  I don't think we ever didn't take my truck anywhere after that.  I don't know why you'd ever have stuff to grill on your way to Mardi Gras, but there were people grilling in the fucking highway.  Mostly cool scene except some that were beating on her window and shit to show tits.  They would move on not long after.  Scared her very lily small town ass to death.  The cops wouldn't even let anyone past the causeway so we ended up doing some parking near the Hitchcock fairgrounds.  Good memories.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

Didn't Galveston start shutting down during a party weekend years ago?

12 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Then you weren't there on June 12th, 1993, at 3am.

• Hook 'Em 2

This happened to me in '02 or so.  Was with a girl I had just kinda started dating, and we took her car instead of my truck.  She was freaked the FUCK OUT and there was nothing we could do but stare at the feeder for several hours.  I don't think we ever didn't take my truck anywhere after that.  I don't know why you'd ever have stuff to grill on your way to Mardi Gras, but there were people grilling in the fucking highway.  Mostly cool scene except some that were beating on her window and shit to show tits.  They would move on not long after.  Scared her very lily small town ass to death.  The cops wouldn't even let anyone past the causeway so we ended up doing some parking near the Hitchcock fairgrounds.  Good memories.  

I don't know the exact year we went but it would have been 01-03, so might have been the same year. That shit was wild and some details of the story will get buried with those of us who were there. Was me, a high school buddy from Austin, my neighbor who grew up in Silsbee, and two of his buddies. Those dudes were fucking crazy.
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

On 3/22/2021 at 9:02 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

jeez, sorry for partying... I was told Covid was over with cause all the olds got vacccccciiineed. so ive been waiting a fucking year to party like it was spring break, and not gonna slow my roll.

With a crowd like that there's worse viruses to worry about