Snorkel Mask Recs

We are going to Belize and the Galapagos later this summer and we want to get some decent snorkel masks.  The full face masks look cool, but do they work well?  I don't want to spend $500 for them, but $100-$150 for a good one is ok.  Anyone have any brand recs?

23 minutes ago, kevwun said:

We are going to Belize and the Galapagos later this summer and we want to get some decent snorkel masks.  The full face masks look cool, but do they work well?  I don't want to spend $500 for them, but $100-$150 for a good one is ok.  Anyone have any brand recs?

Most important thing about a mask is the fit. Go to a scuba store and have it fitted.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

Most important thing about a mask is the fit. Go to a scuba store and have it fitted.

this.

Second, whichever one lets in the most light.

Also, if you've never snorkeled, try to get to a pool and practice breathing with and clearing your snorkel.  Its not hard, but a little practice before hand will help impress the milfs on the diving boat the first day out.

Thanks, that's good to know.  We have been snorkeling a few times, so not complete novices but we always just used whatever the charter had for rent.  What's a good scuba shop in Austin?

Edited by kevwun

On 3/24/2021 at 12:07 PM, Sbbruin said:

If you do get one of those full face masks like this:

spacer.png

Make SURE to get a quality one.  They are pretty cool, but the cheap knockoff ones have been known to cause people to pass out and drown from too much CO2.

Bought some of these off Amazon for 60 dollars I think. Worked well for our trip to St. Thomas but it was my first time and had no expectations.