2021 Seattle Mariners

MC Fresh Breath

Alternate angle:

I'm not rubbing it in my brother Biff, but that was absolutely one of the most fun games as a Mariners fan since maybe Felix's perfecto.  I know you have mlb.tv, so I mean it when I say its worth a re-watch.  The tension/excitement as things started to turn around was crazy.  

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

@MC Fresh Breath, you will both enjoy & hate this one. 

I really hate it, Montero aside.  Wow.  I don't get this one at all.  How to deflate a fanbase after a fantastic win, not to mention the clubhouse chemistry.  Awesome, Jerry.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

Marco Gonzales stared at the cement floor of the Mariners dugout, occasionally lifting is gaze to the field of T-Mobile Park and revealing puffy eyes red from tears.

He appeared to be listening as manager Scott Servais intensely explained a decision that neither he nor his teammates wanted to believe was real and a roster move that upon first glance does little to help the Mariners in their quest to secure the first postseason appearance since 2001.

Less than 24 hours after an improbable 11-7 come-from-behind victory over the Houston Astros, which included overcoming a 7-0 deficit in the third inning, a g0-ahead grand slam from Dylan Moore and the benches nearly emptying after J.P. Crawford was hit by a pitch, all the good feeling from the best win of the season was replaced by confusion, anger and frustration at the Mariners front office.

The vibe on the field before Tuesday’s game was expectedly subdued. Multiple pitchers emerged from the clubhouse with tears still in their eyes from saying goodbye to Graveman.

“You should’ve seen it earlier,” said a veteran player. “An hour ago, it was great probably better than ever. And now, it’s the worst.”

Several players opted not to speak on the record about the move, but their anger was palpable. Sources said equipment was broken and smashed while one player “went absolutely mad.”

“Betrayed” was a word used often.

Are you (expletive) kidding me?” said the same player. “It never changes. They don’t care about winning. How do you trade him and say you care about winning? And you trade him to Houston?

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mariners/mariners-trade-kendall-graveman-rafael-montero-to-astros-for-abraham-toro-joe-smith/

I'll be pretty surprised if we don't get our shit pushed in tonight. 

Edited by MC Fresh Breath