America is great - Shake them haterz off

Enchubben

We have the world's most powerful military

We have the most allies across the globe

We give more foreign aid than every other country, and more than twice as much as the entire EU

We have vaccinated more than 2x the amount of citizens per capita than Europe and are top 5 in the world

We continue to lead the world in health technology development

We lead the world in Nobel prize winners

We have the most PC's of any country, and top 3 in internet access

We have the best and most highly ranked universities in the world

We are #1 in enabling citizens to defend themselves

We lead the world in Olympic medals

We are a top 4 oil exporting country

We have the most gold reserves in the world

The US dollar is world's reserve currency

We lead the world in number of billionaires and millionaires

The US has 121 companies in the Fortune Global 500 

Our GDP ranks #1 in the world

More people migrate to the US than any other country on the planet. Not because we suck, but because we're pretty damn great. 

Every country in the world has things to improve on, including the US. There are some areas where other countries are better in some aspects of everyday life. There are some areas where we are not only not great, but that it's getting worse.  None of that means the US is not great, as a whole. Don't believe me? Ask the 50m immigrants who came here and are not intent on leaving.

/rant

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

We give roughly $35-$40bn/year in non-military direct foreign aid and/or through USAID independently monitored by USGLC.  The E.U. gives about $60bn (USD) in total, but a lot of that never leaves the continent, it's just redirected/recirculated around to other less fortunate countries in the E.U. or its affiliate candidate countries or non-EU nations on the Continent like Belarus, Moldovia, and several Balkan countries.  So all in all, I'm betting U.S. and E.U. foreign aid, in terms of what leaves its shores, is roughly the same.  

also, we've had a lot more than 50mm people immigrate to our country in the last 245 years.  But hey, he's on a roll.

12 minutes ago, Lobo said:

We give roughly $35-$40bn/year in non-military direct foreign aid and/or through USAID independently monitored by USGLC.  The E.U. gives about $60bn (USD) in total, but a lot of that never leaves the continent, it's just redirected/recirculated around to other less fortunate countries in the E.U. or its affiliate candidate countries or non-EU nations on the Continent like Belarus, Moldovia, and several Balkan countries.  So all in all, I'm betting U.S. and E.U. foreign aid, in terms of what leaves its shores, is roughly the same.  

also, we've had a lot more than 50mm people immigrate to our country in the last 245 years.  But hey, he's on a roll.

Most EU aid goes to multilateral organizations, followed by countries in Africa and Asia and then Europe, and Europe is way down proportionally. Whatever measure you use, European nations give more.  Also not sure why we’d draw a distinction between non-EU nations in Europe and those on a different continent. We don’t consider that aid going to Central America or the Caribbean isn’t leaving our shores. 

EU cohesion funds, which are directed to other EU countries, aren’t counted as foreign aid. 

6 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Most EU aid goes to multilateral organizations, followed by countries in Africa and Asia and then Europe, and Europe is way down proportionally. Whatever measure you use, European nations give more.  Also not sure why we’d draw a distinction between non-EU nations in Europe and those on a different continent. We don’t consider that aid going to Central America or the Caribbean isn’t leaving our shores. 

EU cohesion funds, which are directed to other EU countries, aren’t counted as foreign aid. 

Yeah, I'm not terribly sure how the EU or non-EU Euro nations count it, and not terribly interested either.  I was merely correcting his misquote but also adding that as an avid USGLC-homer, this is one thing in the U.S. toolbox that we do well and strangely, guys like him fight our efforts to increase the Investments/Diplomacy space in our toolbox in favor of dumb shit. 

Just now, hpslugga said:

He’s talking about total dollars, not percentage of GDP. Surely he wouldn’t do that because the US ranks at the bottom on that one.

He’s wrong even by that measure, it might be accurate if you look at strictly “EU institutional funds” but EU nations have their own individual aid programs as well. 

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

Number one exporter of Potassium. All other countries have inferior Potassium.

in 2018 we were #5 in cheese exports. In 2019 we dropped to #6. Trump failed us. 

Chris Christie seems like a guy who knows his cheese though- maybe he should run in 2024.  #MakeAmericaCheesyAgain 

The breast implant was invented here.

Bourbon was invented here.

Baseball and American football are American sports, which we have exported to some places.  But they are American.

I'm sure I can come up with some other stuff, as soon as I finish running around the hood shirtless, waving my big ole 'murican flag and yelling WHOOO!!! NUMBER ONE BITCHES!!!! for the next half hour.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

in 2018 we were #5 in cheese exports. In 2019 we dropped to #6. Trump failed us. 

Chris Christie seems like a guy who knows his cheese though- maybe he should run in 2024.  #MakeAmericaCheesyAgain 

chris christie exported cheese to his mouth, that's why we dropped

6 minutes ago, Helobious said:

We have the best sports, period. 

Soccer might be the best if they didn’t penalize being a superior athlete with the offsides rule. It also got overrun with crybitch ladyboys, flopping everywhere. Fuck soccer.

If our best athletes grew up playing and were dedicated to soccer, we'd dominate that (or close to it) too.

But, back to inventing fake boobs.....

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm sure I can come up with some other stuff, as soon as I finish running around the hood shirtless, waving my big ole 'murican flag and yelling WHOOO!!! NUMBER ONE BITCHES!!!! for the next half hour.

This made me LOL for a good bit!

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If our best athletes grew up playing and were dedicated to soccer, we'd dominate that (or close to it) too.

But, back to inventing fake boobs.....

Yeah, I used to think that was hyperbole decades ago when you could still be a 6-6 guy with a beer gut and score 20 a night in the NBA, or have a smoking/drinking habit between innings and still his .330 or throw for 2500 yards.  And I don't know if it's something in the water nowadays but yeah...if you took (JUST U.S. BORN) middle infielders/outfielders, NBA guards, NFL skill position players & DB's, of course the top current footballers playing in the top leagues around the world, and pepper in a couple NHL forwards/centers with great footwork.  Let them all play together for 4 years and see who rises to the top...there isn't a nation on this planet that could keep us from winning the world cup, winning every match with an overall +20 goal differential for the whole tournament.  

I love the international game, but you can shove "the beautiful game" and "tradition" and pageantry up your ass.  Show me 11 Italians or Brazilians or Englishmen who've battled together since their U16 leagues, and you can  fuck off with that shit directly.  It's just like warfare, it's not about fighting spirit or tenacity or national pride...it's about resources.  And our resources, if we redirected them for a decade, are talent, talent, and talent---and they would be unstoppable for any country to overtake. 

I know it's an Ugly American thing to say, but my squad of NBA guards, a few short stops and centerfielders, some CB's and tailbacks and slot receivers, paired with some of our current top footballers abroad and 1 token NHL center.  If you could transfer their comp and train them for four years, they'd wipe the floor in the World Cup.  If you were to take away their sports altogether at birth and let them just train and live for international football only all their lives, we'd never lose or tie a single match ever.  

Okay, back to fake tits.  If they're not real, why are they in America?   

Edited by Lobo

5 hours ago, Enchubben said:

We have the world's most powerful military

We have the most allies across the globe

We give more foreign aid than every other country, and more than twice as much as the entire EU

We have vaccinated more than 2x the amount of citizens per capita than Europe and are top 5 in the world

We continue to lead the world in health technology development

We lead the world in Nobel prize winners

We have the most PC's of any country, and top 3 in internet access

We have the best and most highly ranked universities in the world

We are #1 in enabling citizens to defend themselves

We lead the world in Olympic medals

We are a top 4 oil exporting country

We have the most gold reserves in the world

The US dollar is world's reserve currency

We lead the world in number of billionaires and millionaires

The US has 121 companies in the Fortune Global 500 

Our GDP ranks #1 in the world

More people migrate to the US than any other country on the planet. Not because we suck, but because we're pretty damn great. 

Every country in the world has things to improve on, including the US. There are some areas where other countries are better in some aspects of everyday life. There are some areas where we are not only not great, but that it's getting worse.  None of that means the US is not great, as a whole. Don't believe me? Ask the 50m immigrants who came here and are not intent on leaving.

/rant

And it’s all thanks to Joe Biden being president. Supervising the greatest economy in history.

Thanks Joe!