RIP Jessica Walter (Lucille Bluth/Malory Archer)

TheStoicPaisano

3 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

Well I think Bisexual Asian Studies should have its own building. The question is: who goes? The math department or the hockey team? I think the hockey team. Think about it.

Pos rep on the PCU reference.  

I can't embed this, somebody please post it---it's how I'd like her to be remembered:

I always think her name is/was Jessica Walters.

Amazing character actor. I mean her character in Archer is basically exactly the same as Arrested Development, and just as funny. 

I wonder what she was like in person because it's hard to imagine her acting any differently.

20 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I always think her name is/was Jessica Walters.

Amazing character actor. I mean her character in Archer is basically exactly the same as Arrested Development, and just as funny. 

I wonder what she was like in person because it's hard to imagine her acting any differently.

She was, by all accounts, an incredibly kind and private person...nothing like her two beloved characters that we all quote constantly.  Tony Hale was in Austin a few years back at the Paramount/State theater (can't remember which one) and this was before the recent reboot.  And he told us really great stories about how sweet and caring she is in real life, and how it freaks him out how she could turn on the ice-cold routine so easily.  He said it reminded him of Julia Louis-Dreyfus who is also, by most accounts, incredibly sweet and down-to-earth in real life but played her Veep role as detached and calculating (though with her character mostly failing at both).  Henry Winkler, who everybody in Hollywood agrees is probably one of the 5 nicest humans in that cesspool, always had great things to say about working with her and what a warm person she was off-camera.  

I dunno, I just always liked her too.  

Edited by Lobo

6 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

8350ef0fd244391d88ad423270792385.gif

Maybe my favorite joke ever on that show.

That, or also in the running for my personal favorite (and still Lucille related to keep with the thread)-

Oscar: Well, sure. The question is, which way do I try to get it in her?

Michael: I don’t need any details.

Oscar: Maybe I’ll put it in her brownie.

Michael: Hey

• Hook 'Em 1

If there is a God in heaven, the Rabbi officiating her funeral will ask everyone to bow their heads, and when they lift them back up...he rips off his yarmulke to reveal...."It's Gene Parmesan, Private Eye!"

She certainly deserves to go out with one more big laugh.  God bless you Ms. Walters.

“Like you’d recognise a vegetable that wasn’t wrapped in a Monte Cristo sandwich.”

“This is why I can’t have nice things.”

“If I cared what you did on the weekend I’d stick a shot gun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes.”

"Immigrants! That's how they do you know? Just drive around listening to raps and shooting all the jobs."
Edited by notre dame joe