UAP Pentagon Report (UFOs, Foo Fighters, Commie Drones)

Doc Reeves

I have no doubt that life exists elsewhere in the universe and it is probable that intelligent life exists somewhere else but the probability of humans interacting with another intelligent life form from a distant galaxy falls into the 'it ain't happening" category.

The expanse of the universe places the knowledge of other forms of intelligent life beyond an epistemic horizon. We just don't know and will never know.

TL/ DR version, it's not aliens.

How so? What is the probability of life in any given year, or any 1 billion year period, or whatever time you want to measure? Surely you have an estimate if you think that it is more likely that there is life than not? Otherwise you are just guessing. And that is totally cool by the way, no trying to give you shit. I love sci-fi, watch Star Trek, etc., and I WANT there to be life, but what is your basis for saying it is mathematically improbable for no other life in the universe?

First it was Russian troll farms. Now we gotta deal with alien trolls as well? We’re on to you, bro. You really have to up your game if you want to convince anybody that y’all don’t exist

17 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

Any explanation for this one?

CBS News

Four different angles

I mean, it's a crazy cool set of videos but there are various UFO "experts" that openly believe them to be a hoax. And Israeli news identified that the guy that shot the primary video is a film maker and the supplemental vids were shot by some students in a film class with a connection to him.

https://www.livescience.com/12826-jerusalem-ufo-hoax.html

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jerusalem-ufo-hoax_n_978202

• Haha 1

Fyi @PRONG HORN  - I don't believe that we are alone in the universe. I tell my kids on the reg that certainly in their lifetimes we will either discover existing microbial life or fossilized evidence of past microbial life in the soil on Mars. I just think that with these UFO sightings you have got to take a thorough look at the Earthly possibilities before jumping onboard the "it's aliens" train, primarily because there are a myriad of factors that could have caused them. Kudos to the military for releasing some of their videos and saying "we've looked at these and we are not sure what the fuck this is."

1) Is there a plausible man-made explanation.

2) Is it a naturally occurring phenomenon.

3) Is it a hoax.

4) Is it a combination of two or more of 1-3

14 minutes ago, smuggs said:

Fyi @PRONG HORN  - I don't believe that we are alone in the universe. I tell my kids on the reg that certainly in their lifetimes we will either discover existing microbial life or fossilized evidence of past microbial life in the soil on Mars. I just think that with these UFO sightings you have got to take a thorough look at the Earthly possibilities before jumping onboard the "it's aliens" train, primarily because there are a myriad of factors that could have caused them. Kudos to the military for releasing some of their videos and saying "we've looked at these and we are not sure what the fuck this is."

1) Is there a plausible man-made explanation.

2) Is it a naturally occurring phenomenon.

3) Is it a hoax.

4) Is it a combination of two or more of 1-3

5) butt stuff.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 8:41 AM, F250 said:

I have no doubt that life exists elsewhere in the universe and it is probable that intelligent life exists somewhere else but the probability of humans interacting with another intelligent life form from a distant galaxy falls into the 'it ain't happening" category.

The expanse of the universe places the knowledge of other forms of intelligent life beyond an epistemic horizon. We just don't know and will never know.

TL/ DR version, it's not aliens.

This is where I am.  I imagine there's intelligent life scattered throughout the universe but we're so far apart non will ever interact w/ another. 

• Hook 'Em 1

This is where I am.  I imagine there's intelligent life scattered throughout the universe but we're so far apart non will ever interact w/ another. 

Or, maybe we’re just not that interesting to life capable of engaging with us.

On 3/30/2021 at 3:37 PM, Serak The Preparer said:

How so? What is the probability of life in any given year, or any 1 billion year period, or whatever time you want to measure? Surely you have an estimate if you think that it is more likely that there is life than not? Otherwise you are just guessing. And that is totally cool by the way, no trying to give you shit. I love sci-fi, watch Star Trek, etc., and I WANT there to be life, but what is your basis for saying it is mathematically improbable for no other life in the universe?

42?

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I had to go digging for this video. I can’t believer it’s already more than a decade old. The universe is so big, we are so small and insignificant. The arrogance of thinking we matter all that much. Some of you have watched too many movies.

So....this doesn't answer the question....does God know when you masturbate or not?

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I had to go digging for this video. I can’t believer it’s already more than a decade old. The universe is so big, we are so small and insignificant. The arrogance of thinking we matter all that much. Some of you have watched too many movies.

While this is great, it only outlines our perspective of the universe as we can comprehend it and is only based on how we are able to experience nature. 

We are just scratching the surface of natural phenomena that point to new forces of nature we are unaware of. Quantum entanglement for instance could point to our atoms sharing the same space across multiple dimensions with other objects so that they are all interconnected despite being separated by what we perceive as distance in space.

While I agree the odds of aliens visiting us are literally astronomical, the odds of something happening doesn’t have influence over what actually happens in nature. It’s a very interesting characteristic of our universe. Things with ridiculous odds happen every second across the universe. It’s just like the power ball lotto. The odds are insanely low for an individual to win, however, someone does indeed win every couple of weeks. 

While we can look to our collective knowledge of the universe for perspective, it by no means is definitive. We simple don’t know so much more than we do.

• Like 1

It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Actually, I think the chances of Earth being the only planet in the universe harboring life are infinitesimally small. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Please show your work on this part. 

infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds.

Article on Pentagon’s additional releases:

Pentagon Verifies More Images of UFOs

Earlier this week, a couple of people who are familiar faces in the ufology community released some new data on military engagements with Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP or UFOs for you old-school folks). The first was Nevada journalist George Knapp, who, in addition to his regular reporting work, has been covering the entire UFO subject for decades and he’s a close confidant of Harry Reid. Writing at Mystery Wire, Knap released three previously undisclosed photos of anomalous objects purportedly filmed by Navy pilots in 2019. The day after that, filmmaker Jeremy Corbell released a brief (19 second) video on his website from a different encounter later that year, showing what were described as “pyramid-shaped” UFOs buzzing some of our naval forces. (I’ll embed the video at the end. To see the pictures you’ll need to click through to Mystery Wire’s site.)

(AP Photo/Charles Dharapak, File)
Given my interest in the topic, I of course went to view the new material immediately. I found both the pictures and the video quite interesting but didn’t immediately move to write anything about them. Knapp has a long, solid reputation in journalism and a lot of contacts. Also the photos look extremely similar to one that was published earlier this year, purportedly from the same encounter, so it certainly seemed reasonable to believe they were legitimate. But at the same time, the photos were heavily watermarked (which you’re obviously entitled to do when you get your hands on exclusive material) and all of the metadata from the photos had been stripped out.
Similarly, the video published by Corbell was intriguing, though the indistinct nature of the images, apparently recorded at night with infrared or some other specialized cameras, wasn’t particularly clear. Both the pictures and the video were alleged to have been part of classified briefings that had previously been given and had been studied extensively by the UAP task force, though no sources were named. These factors led some of us to hope that further details about the provenance and chain of custody of these materials might later be released so they could be verified.
Well, while we don’t have all the details yet, a major boost to the credibility of this evidence showed up in short order. Last night, John Greenewald of The Black Vault published a response that he received from Pentagon spokesperson Susan Gough. She was responding to a request from John as to the veracity of the claim that the UAP Task Force had been studying these pictures and video. To my great surprise, John got an answer from her and she confirmed that the material was the real McCoy. In the process, she also seemed to confess to something I’ve suspected for a while, but we’ll get to that in a moment.

This week, multiple photographs and a video, was “leaked” to the general public by George Knapp at MysteryWire.com and Jeremy Corbell from ExtraordinaryBeliefs.com. The Pentagon has now confirmed to The Black Vault via e-mail, that the photos and videos leaked this week, all were taken by Navy personnel.
“I can confirm that the referenced photos and videos were taken by Navy personnel. The UAPTF has included these incidents in their ongoing examinations,” said Susan Gough, Pentagon Spokesperson. “As we have said before, to maintain operations security and to avoid disclosing information that may be useful to potential adversaries, DOD does not discuss publicly the details of either the observations or the examinations of reported incursions into our training ranges or designated airspace, including those incursions initially designated as UAP.”
While we still don’t know anything about the pilots who collected the data or the military and intelligence agencies who have handled it, getting the Pentagon to speak to the authenticity of the material is a major boost to its credibility. View all of the material and judge for yourself. I have to give major credit to John Greenewald for prying this admission out of the Pentagon. It’s been ages since I’ve seen Susan Gough offer any more than her generic, boilerplate response to queries about UAP and how the DOD doesn’t comment on specifics regarding UAP encounters. You can read plenty more about the history of these photographs and what the government has had to say about these encounters at The Debrief.

But as I suggested above, I believe Ms. Gough has revealed something else, perhaps unintentionally. I’ve been closely following all of her interactions with journalists since she started in this position and I’ve engaged with her (with varying degrees of success) myself on several occasions. Prior to this week and ever since those three Navy videos of UAP encounters from the aircraft carriers Nimitz and Roosevelt emerged, Susan Gough has been adamant about one thing. She repeatedly told reporters that those three videos were the only ones that the Pentagon had in its possession. That claim was later walked back a bit when she admitted that there was one additional one from the same encounters but it was classified and could not be released. This claim was maintained despite the fact that Cmdr. David Fravor (the pilot who originally encountered the tic tac UAP) said there were a number of other videos, but they had gone missing.
George Knapp claims to have had this information since April of 2019 (one month after the photos were taken) and that he found out about them from Robert Bigelow, who we know has been working on government contracts related to this subject for some time. Throughout that period, Susan Gough has told us repeatedly that there were no other videos. Is it possible that nobody in Pentagon ever told her, despite the fact that she was the media contact point for everything to do with the UAP Task Force? I suppose it’s possible, but if that’s the case, how much confidence should we place in the information we’re receiving if they won’t even let their own spokesperson in on it? The other possibility is that they’ve simply been lying to the press. More than a year ago I published a rather lengthy screed on the somewhat dubious relationship that both the Pentagon and the rest of the US government have with the truth. So I suppose I shouldn’t be shocked by either possibility.

In any event, it does seem that we have a fresh batch of visual evidence of mysterious UAP that our military has been encountering and the Department of Defense has been investigating. Stay tuned. Things are getting stranger by the week. Perhaps more will show up if the Task Force releases the report requested by the Senate on June 24. And I’ll close with my period reminder to you to consider signing up for The Big Phone Homeon April 24th. It’s one free and easy way we can try to apply additional pressure through our elected representatives to get the government to come clean on this subject and put an end to UAP secrecy. 

Now here’s that video of the “pyramid-shaped” UFOs buzzing one of our warships I promised above.

1 hour ago, HouTex said:

Weather balloons.

https://thedebrief.org/pentagon-confirms-leaked-ufo-images-are-authentic/

In our initial reporting, The Debrief acknowledged what many others have suggested, that the object(s) depicted in the series of photos could resemble a high-altitude or atmospheric testing balloon. 

Following up on this possibility, The Debrief obtained copies through the Freedom of Information Act of every air safety hazard report filed to the Naval Safety Center from 2004 to 2020. The hazard reports were unable to provide any accounts of encounters with balloons or other objects that appear to coincide with the time the photographs are believed to have been taken. 

HAZREP ufo
Excerpt from Navy HAZREP report, VMFA (AW)-225 MAG-11 3D MAW M01225 (The Debrief/ FOIA)

For comparison, The Debrief examined a safety report filed by pilots of Marine Fighter Attack Squadron 225 flying a F/A-18D that unexpectedly encountered a “white and pink striped” balloon near Twentynine Palms Strategic Expeditionary Landing Field in San Bernardino County, California on April 9, 2019. 

In contrast to the lack of currently available information regarding the purported object(s) captured in the leaked UFO photos, the hazard report showed that significant post-flight follow-up occurred after the Marine pilot’s encounter with the balloon

The report states that the pilot’s heads-up display (HUD) video footage was reviewed and analyzed. Additional queries were also made to several local-area air traffic control sites to verify if any Notice to Airmen (NOTAMS) regarding range operations involving balloons had been issued. 

Investigation into the event, which was ruled to have been with a 4-6 foot civilian balloon, went all the way up the chain of command, with recommendations and comments provided by the commanding officer of VMFA-225. 

Examining other similar hazard reports affirm how seriously the military takes incursions with airborne interlopers. The lack of hazard reports for the purported UAP incident suggests that, at minimum, the pilots at the time did not consider the object(s) they encountered to have been a balloon

On 4/10/2021 at 9:46 AM, Restinmybones said:

It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Actually, I think the chances of Earth being the only planet in the universe harboring life are infinitesimally small. 

Douglas Adams was a clever fellow. Great writer of fiction. Richard Dawkins - evolutionary biologist, author, atheist, and inventor of the term “meme” - was a friend and a big fan. But of course the universe isn’t infinite, at least according to everything we know or suspect from all available evidence.

I agree that the chances of Earth being the only planet to harbor life are infinitesimally small. We may yet find evidence of microbial life on Mars or on one of the moons of Jupiter or Saturn.

I would also say that the chances of Earth being the only place where intelligent life evolved are infinitesimally small. But so are the chances of any other intelligent life visiting our planet. The universe is old enough that there could have been numerous intelligent life forms scattered throughout the cosmos that evolved intelligence, self-awareness, awareness of their own mortality, who developed technology and then destroyed themselves with it, which we may yet do to ourselves after only being in existence for roughly 200,000 years, a mere blink of any eye in cosmic time. 

• Like 2

On 4/5/2021 at 3:29 PM, Doc Reeves said:

While this is great, it only outlines our perspective of the universe as we can comprehend it and is only based on how we are able to experience nature. 

We are just scratching the surface of natural phenomena that point to new forces of nature we are unaware of. Quantum entanglement for instance could point to our atoms sharing the same space across multiple dimensions with other objects so that they are all interconnected despite being separated by what we perceive as distance in space.

While I agree the odds of aliens visiting us are literally astronomical, the odds of something happening doesn’t have influence over what actually happens in nature. It’s a very interesting characteristic of our universe. Things with ridiculous odds happen every second across the universe. It’s just like the power ball lotto. The odds are insanely low for an individual to win, however, someone does indeed win every couple of weeks. 

While we can look to our collective knowledge of the universe for perspective, it by no means is definitive. We simple don’t know so much more than we do.

This kind of sounds borderline psuedoscience mystical quackery. I'm not saying it is but when someone appeals to the unknown and drops the word quantum they end up usually leaning towards quantum mysticism more than quantum physics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F250 said:

This kind of sounds borderline psuedoscience mystical quackery. I'm not saying it is but when someone appeals to the unknown and drops the word quantum they end up usually leaning towards quantum mysticism more than quantum physics.

We really should discuss the power of crystals.

There is no way that any alien race advanced enough for interstellar travel would give a single fuck about this shit show of a planet unless it was to pause for the few minutes it would take to determine that all life here should be erased.  Anything else would be like expecting your average Walmart shopper to be able to build a vehicle able to launch their fat ass from the local Walmart parking lot into earth orbit.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

16 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

We really should discuss the power of crystals.

I had a guy say something like this to me in line at the grocery store. Except it wasn't crystals it was the flat earth. As he was delivering his line I was expecting to hear something about Jehovah but then he jumped into the flat earth theory. Totally caught me off guard because I was expecting a religious sales pitch but no he was just trying to tell me about the great lie of a spherical earth.

Super intelligent aliens that can travel faster than the speed of light and zip around our planet without breaking the sound barrier come and visit us but do not wish to make direct contact and thus cloak their presence.  Except they somehow get spotted and photographed all the time.  Their ability to break physical constants and possibly even transcend space and time dimensions apparently is no match for our advanced photograph technology (although they have managed to keep all photographs at poor resolution, so that's pretty impressive).  

For some counter points, they are not interested in us because the universe is big and old.  Obviously size and age are directly related to significance, like how 1 ton of mud is more interesting and significant than 1 pound of gold or a 1 ounce computer chip.  Of course, we would send a probe to any orb in the solar system as fast as possible if we had proof of even a single celled organism, but that’s different.  But they may want to come here anyway because water is probably very valuable to them, even though hydrogen and oxygen are two of the top three most abundant elements in the universe and presumably they haven’t figured out to combine them.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, synoptic said:

Super intelligent aliens that can travel faster than the speed of light and zip around our planet without breaking the sound barrier come and visit us but do not wish to make direct contact and thus cloak their presence.  Except they somehow get spotted and photographed all the time.  Their ability to break physical constants and possibly even transcend space and time dimensions apparently is no match for our advanced photograph technology (although they have managed to keep all photographs at poor resolution, so that's pretty impressive).  

For some counter points, they are not interested in us because the universe is big and old.  Obviously size and age are directly related to significance, like how 1 ton of mud is more interesting and significant than 1 pound of gold or a 1 ounce computer chip.  Of course, we would send a probe to any orb in the solar system as fast as possible if we had proof of even a single celled organism, but that’s different.  But they may want to come here anyway because water is probably very valuable to them, even though hydrogen and oxygen are two of the top three most abundant elements in the universe and presumably they haven’t figured out to combine them.   

Okay, smartass, but maybe they're coming here for the entertainment value of providing us with smudgy glimpses of themselves to watch us freak out and act like the naked apes we are. Ever thought of that possibility, Mr. Synoptic, if that's even your real name?