UAP Pentagon Report (UFOs, Foo Fighters, Commie Drones)

Doc Reeves

Lol at Grusch getting held criminally liable for what he’s saying. He hasn’t even claimed to have first hand knowledge of anything, it’s all just stuff he claims other guys with code names told him and then he got denied access to actually see.

It’s a nesting doll of bullshit all the way down, with a little bit of “and they’ll kill you if you say too much!” Yeah, he saw these papers where Mussolini and the Pope found a crashed Klingon Bird of Prey.  No, he doesn’thave them. But the government is covering it up! 

I can turn invisible when no one is watching. Prove that I’m lying. 

Forget critical thinking, we have done a miserable job at teaching people to catch basic flim-flam men in their bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Lol at Grusch getting held criminally liable for what he’s saying. He hasn’t even claimed to have first hand knowledge of anything, it’s all just stuff he claims other guys with code names told him and then he got denied access to actually see.

It’s a nesting doll of bullshit all the way down, with a little bit of “and they’ll kill you if you say too much!” Yeah, he saw these papers where Mussolini and the Pope found a crashed Klingon Bird of Prey.  No, he doesn’thave them. But the government is covering it up! 

Forget critical thinking, we have done a miserable job at teaching people to catch basic flim-flam men in their bullshit. 

Allow me to distill this down a bit into some simple questions:

- Do you think that Barrack Obama, John Ratcliff, Harry Reid, John Brennan, etc. are lying or that you and Mick West's Youtube channel have access to superior evidence and analysis?  It can only be one or the other. 

- Do you believe that our military (including the expert pilots and sensors both on the ships and the aircraft, which tracked these crafts independently) is incapable of ascertaining whether the crafts in the three videos authenticated by the Pentagon are tricks of the light or the planet Mercury?  

- Do you believe that, if we really thought these crafts were Chinese or Russian, we'd be behaving in such a laissez-faire manner?

- Do you think that the Intelligence Community Inspector General is incompetent or corrupt?  Grusch confidentially provided highly classified information to the Department of Defense Inspector General concerning the withholding of UAP-related information from Congress.  The Inspector General made the determination that Grusch's complaint was credible and urgent based on the evidence presented, much of which remains highly classified and not in the public domain.  So the choice is either: (i) the Inspector General of the intelligence community is incompetent or (ii) the Inspector General is corrupt.

- What in Dave Grusch's past gives you concern that he is a fraud or otherwise untrustworthy?  He was privy to some of the most sensitive secrets in our entire military.

2 hours ago, Keef said:

Allow me to distill this down a bit into some simple questions:

- Do you think that Barrack Obama, John Ratcliff, Harry Reid, John Brennan, etc. are lying or that you and Mick West's Youtube channel have access to superior evidence and analysis?  It can only be one or the other. 

- Do you believe that our military (including the expert pilots and sensors both on the ships and the aircraft, which tracked these crafts independently) is incapable of ascertaining whether the crafts in the three videos authenticated by the Pentagon are tricks of the light or the planet Mercury?  

- Do you believe that, if we really thought these crafts were Chinese or Russian, we'd be behaving in such a laissez-faire manner?

- Do you think that the Intelligence Community Inspector General is incompetent or corrupt?  Grusch confidentially provided highly classified information to the Department of Defense Inspector General concerning the withholding of UAP-related information from Congress.  The Inspector General made the determination that Grusch's complaint was credible and urgent based on the evidence presented, much of which remains highly classified and not in the public domain.  So the choice is either: (i) the Inspector General of the intelligence community is incompetent or (ii) the Inspector General is corrupt.

- What in Dave Grusch's past gives you concern that he is a fraud or otherwise untrustworthy?  He was privy to some of the most sensitive secrets in our entire military.

Point by point:

- I think you’re misrepresenting what a lot of these people have said.  No one here argues with the basic thesis that there are real things and artifacts in the sky that don’t have a positive ID and that it’s worth trying to figure that out. I do think it’s notable that no one ever rebuts the substance of people like West’s analysis and instead choose to just attack the source. 

- I am pretty sanguine about the gaps in our sensor and other technology. I also think you’re conflating a number of different incidents and pieces of evidence to create a narrative that doesn’t exist. 

- I think that we’d be a little more worked up about regular visits from aliens than we would be about adversary tech, or things that we can’t know for sure but are likely prosaic. 

- I think there is a third option, which is that “credible and urgent concern” has a very narrow and tailored application under the ICWPA as implemented by the ICIG and that a finding of “credible and urgent” in this context does not mean that any of the underlying claims of existence of crashed spaceships and murders have been found credible or even been given a cursory investigation. I think the UFO crowd’s deliberate blurring of these statutory and bureaucratic terms to make them more expansive than they are kind of gets at the heart of why the drivers of this movement are not credible in the layman’s sense. 

- I think that the conspiracy world is littered with doctors, lawyers, intell officers, uniformed service, journalists, political figures, pilots, plumbers, and anyone else you can think of who showed no signs of being kooky until they went kooky.  I think that I need more than “this one guy told me” to believe in Mussolini’s spaceship. 

But back onto you.  What, specifically, is not credible about @Viper’s post where a former drone pilot that sees shit through FLIR all the time tells you that “Jellyfish” is likely party balloons? Why doesn’t the appeal to authority work when it’s debunking these claims? Why would you doubt what he’s telling you? 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

I quit following this thread closely because it seems there are mostly two types of posters: those that have closed their minds to the possibility of alien life, and those that keep believing all the bullshit being spewed.

As to all of the alien stories today, I spend no time at all paying attention because it’s impossible to determine if someone is just grifting or trying to get attention. If real conclusive evidence really emerges, we will all know it pretty quick. 

To the closed minded crowd, for some people like myself it isn’t religion or defying the laws of physics.  The “laws” of physic have been broken many times over hundreds of years not because the laws have changed but because man’s understanding of physics has evolved greatly. I’m just saying it can and will happen again.

Whether it’s time travel, or time and space discontinuity, man can and will make new discoveries. So I don’t rule out those possibilities and really no one should. Because if you do, you are saying man has learned everything there is to learn about physics, which history has shown isn’t true. 

But the bigger reason alien life shouldn’t be dismissed is because of our existence. It’s not necessarily a religious question. For some people it is, and they could be right or wrong. But our existence can’t be denied. By definition our existence implies there are things we don’t understand about the world. How did we get here? What is this? Where do we go, if anywhere? Those are monumental questions, and dismissing aliens as a possibility when these types of bigger questions exist is a bit silly. 

It’s fine to posit that these being can play with the laws of the universe as we understand them— create matter, manipulate space-time, tap infinite energy— but at that point what’s really the daylight between aliens and God or angels and why is the one more plausible than the other?  Especially now that we are bringing up interdimensional creatures? 

Any species capable of doing these things is so far beyond us that the actual experience of them would be indistinguishable from a supernatural being anyway. 

Which brings us back to, why are they playing tag with fighter jets and crashing ?

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I quit following this thread closely because it seems there are mostly two types of posters: those that have closed their minds to the possibility of alien life, and those that keep believing all the bullshit being spewed.

This.  Although 956 seems to be capturing the rational path pretty well: there's plenty of reason to wonder, and there ARE some unexplained phenomena out there.  So, it's possible.  But sweet lord, the guys who insist on having all the inside proof/scoop are fucking hucksters of the first order, and it's embarrassing that anyone is falling for their BS.

14 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Which brings us back to, why are they playing tag with fighter jets and crashing ?

Because alien or not, you take on Maverick at your peril....he can do shit that defies the laws of physics, and probably some other laws, too....

d7gNLRpI3momNxBfp2VU30G0IJd70cH_HeQjWwQg

My favorite alien theory is the “dark forest” hypothesis which holds that there are many alien civilizations that are both fearful and hostile, so they remain silent on the electromagnetic spectrum to avoid getting attacked by another hostile civilization.

In the meantime humanity is sending out dickpics and coordinates to our house, along with radio messages saying “u up?”

image.jpeg.3e31a9760e26f0e12a611ac197f627f9.jpeg 

• Haha 5

x, 1

Re: fearful aliens.  We presume that any being with the ability to develop technology that can get them across a galaxy has weapons WAY beyond our own.  And that in a conflict they'd splatter us like a bug on a windshield.

But maybe not.  Maybe they're all super peaceful.  They've put their efforts into making their lives better and not killing people.  And when they show up we'll kick their ass all the way back to Uranus.  What I'm saying is, I see our 20-30 yo weapons wrecking shit in Ukraine and think we have a chance.

20 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Point by point:

- I think you’re misrepresenting what a lot of these people have said.  No one here argues with the basic thesis that there are real things and artifacts in the sky that don’t have a positive ID and that it’s worth trying to figure that out. I do think it’s notable that no one ever rebuts the substance of people like West’s analysis and instead choose to just attack the source. 

- I am pretty sanguine about the gaps in our sensor and other technology. I also think you’re conflating a number of different incidents and pieces of evidence to create a narrative that doesn’t exist. 

- I think that we’d be a little more worked up about regular visits from aliens than we would be about adversary tech, or things that we can’t know for sure but are likely prosaic. 

- I think there is a third option, which is that “credible and urgent concern” has a very narrow and tailored application under the ICWPA as implemented by the ICIG and that a finding of “credible and urgent” in this context does not mean that any of the underlying claims of existence of crashed spaceships and murders have been found credible or even been given a cursory investigation. I think the UFO crowd’s deliberate blurring of these statutory and bureaucratic terms to make them more expansive than they are kind of gets at the heart of why the drivers of this movement are not credible in the layman’s sense. 

- I think that the conspiracy world is littered with doctors, lawyers, intell officers, uniformed service, journalists, political figures, pilots, plumbers, and anyone else you can think of who showed no signs of being kooky until they went kooky.  I think that I need more than “this one guy told me” to believe in Mussolini’s spaceship. 

But back onto you.  What, specifically, is not credible about @Viper’s post where a former drone pilot that sees shit through FLIR all the time tells you that “Jellyfish” is likely party balloons? Why doesn’t the appeal to authority work when it’s debunking these claims? Why would you doubt what he’s telling you? 

Also point by point:

- Disagree strongly. 

Brennan: "some of the phenomena we’re going to be seeing continues to be unexplained and might, in fact, be some type of phenomenon that is the result of something that we don’t yet understand and that could involve some type of activity that some might say constitutes a different form of life."

Obama: "There is footage and records of objects in the skies that we don't know exactly what they are. We can't explain how they move, their trajectory.  They did not have an easily explainable pattern. And so I think that people still take seriously, trying to investigate and figure out what that is."

Reid: "I was told for decades that Lockheed had some of these retrieved materials,” the Democrat told the media outlet.“And I tried to get, as I recall, a classified approval by the Pentagon to have me go look at the stuff. They would not approve that. I don’t know what all the numbers were, what kind of classification it was, but they would not give that to me."

Ratcliffe: "Look, the bottom line is, unidentified aerial phenomena — many, many cases we’re able to explain it away for reasons like visual disturbances, or weather phenomenon, or foreign adversaries and their technologies, or even our own experimental technologies with certain aircraft and vehicles, but what this report really underscores … is that there are a number of instances — and the specific number remains classified — but a number of instances where we’ve ruled all of that out. And there are technologies that we don’t have and frankly that we are not capable of defending against — based on those things that we’ve seen, multiple sensors, in other words, where not just people visually see it but where it’s picked up on radar, where it’s seen on satellites. And so, you know, it’s an issue of national security..."

All of these are very serious people.  People now accuse Reid of being a kook - why?  Because he's saying stuff that makes you uncomfortable?  He was one of the 10 most powerful politicians in the world for a decent portion of his career and had access to information none of us have.  This is not a court of law where both sides are presenting evidence and endeavoring to give us a clear picture.  This has been an area of immense government secrecy for years, and from the bits and pieces that are now getting out, I think it's clear that people in power believe there is significance to the phenomena.

- OK - you chalk up the Pentagon UFO videos from 2017, 2021, and 2023 to gaps in our technology and erroneous identification by our pilots and crew.  I do not.  I trust our tech, pilots, and analytics, especially over multiple versions of the same category of sightings.

- Disagree.  I think it means we either: (i) know what it is and don't feel threatened by it or (ii) we don't think we can do a damn thing about it.

- OK - what is this alternative meaning?  I believe the report is still classified, but I'm curious what alternate interpretation would allow this finding.  Grusch's whole claim is elements inside the military are concealing non-human intelligence from Congress.  The IG reviewed the claim and the supporting documentation, found it urgent and credible, and the whistleblower complaint went through.  And, in the recent debrief to members of Congress by the IG, the New York Times reported that the IG found a number of Grusch's claims credible, although not much information got out since the briefing was classified and the contents of the meeting can't be discussed (e.g., which claims, how were these claims investigated, etc.).

- Sure, understand.  But my perspective on this is that he was put in charge of investigating the phenomenon, has an incredible and distinguished track record in the intelligence community, had access to highly classified reports, and Congress doesn't seem to question him.  In fact, many Congressmen are frustrated at what they feel is the DoD slow walking the disclosure process and generally stonewalling at every opportunity.  He's not Bob Lazar who had endless issues with his resume and claims.  He's a serious person who played an important role in our government and I'm inclined to believe him.  He wants more transparency from the DoD on this issue.  Everyones like, why can't he produce the goods?  But these are highly classified materials and I believe he's trying to go about bringing whatever is buried in the Pentagon to light in a responsible way.  Plus he probably doesn't want to get Chelsea Manning'd.

- On @Viper's post, it sure doesn't look or act like balloons to me and I have no way of evaluating the credentials of some random guy on tick tock.  He seems to have knowledge and thinks it is balloons, so you have to give some weight to that.  

So to cover a few points:

- Only one of the quotes provided (Brennan) even hints at ET life and the rest lines up with what no one disputes: We have seen things, we can’t explain of them, it’s important to investigate.  There’s no need to keep hammering this point of broad agreement.

- I haven’t done any of that. We are both in agreement that there are UAPs.  You seem to be making the jump in logic to assume that anything that can’t be completely explained must be extraordinary because our tech and pilots are so amazing.  That’s just not a realistic assessment of what our technology can do. You’re conflating “unidentified” with “extraordinary.” 

- The ICIC definitions are the easiest here. “Urgent” is a statutory definition here, and any claims that allege certain violations of law or withholding of information are deemed urgent. Truth is not a factor.  The moment Grusch claimed that stuff was withheld from Congress, his claim was deemed “urgent” by the ICIG. 

“Credible” is a bit more judgment. Important to note two things— by law the ICIG must make a designation within 14 days (not time to investigate alien craft hidden since WWII). Second, the ICIG’s role is simply to determine if the claims have the bare minimum of plausibility to send to committees and the DNI.  In practice— the ICIG will verify that the claimant is making an allegation on behalf of himself/herself, next it will verify that the claimant’s scope of employment and clearance levels align with the nature of the claims. That’s really about it. There is no investigation into the validity of the claim or underlying information. None.

Onto Grusch. He claims he was a GS-15. There’s several tens of thousands of those across the government. It’s by definition simply an experienced middle level manager role. It’s an accomplishment but it’s not evidence of some form of astonishing success and credibility regardless of what agency he worked for. I have broad doubts about him mostly because of his persistent over-hype of things like what “urgent and credible” means. He also appears to have no source of employment other than UFO advocacy at the moment. And most importantly— all his claims are based on stuff other people told him and/or stuff he claims he was denied access to. This is a classic con technique where absence of evidence is presented as evidence of a coverup. 

- What is the evidence for the Jellyfish video being something extraordinary besides “vibes.” What specifically do you find at fault with West’s deep dive into what it most likely is besides “it doesn’t look like that to me?” 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

- If that's what you read from those quotes (and the numerous others from highly credible government officials) then I'm not sure what to say.

- There's no logical jump.  I'm relying on the testimony under oath from David Fravor and Ryan Graves, highly trained observers, whose observations were validated by videos, sensor readings, radar, etc., much of which the DoD still remains classified.  Fravor and Graves observed maneuvers, speed changes, and propulsion that defy our understanding of physics.  From Graves: "They can move at incredible speeds, they can change direction instantaneously, and they can disappear and reappear without a trace...They don't have any visible engines or propulsion systems, and they're able to perform maneuvers that are simply impossible for anything that we've ever built."

The thing that bothers me is that people seem content to just say, hey, we should rule out birds, or maybe this is China or Russia.  Fravor's encounter is from 2004 - I cannot understand how anyone can believe that China (which was a shell of its current self in 2004) or Russia (which has publicly embarrassed itself for two years in Ukraine) had this technology years before the first iPhone was released.  

The government has also had years (in the case of the Fravor counter, 20 years) to rule out the planet Mercury or whatever other mundane explanation people will trot out, and they can't do so.  I don't buy for a minute that they just collectively shrugged their shoulders when these craft were tracked and flew circles around one of our Pacific carrier groups.

The logical jump, in my view, is to assume our tech was wrong, our pilots were wrong, our cameras/FLIR caught the crafts at weird angles and thus malfunctioned, our radar operators were wrong, and our analysts weren't good enough to find an alternative explanation.  Wrong multiple times on close, well-documented encounters over multiple decades.  I think it's exactly what the pilots and the government say it is - metallic orbs that appear to be intelligently piloted doing shit that is blowing our minds.  

- If your view is that ICIG, after reviewing classified materials provided by Grusch, simply gave a green light to some of the most explosive accusations against the US government and DoD ever because it didn't look very hard, I'm again not sure what to say.  The New York Times specifically reported that the ICIG investigated his claims and determined a number of them to be credible and reported so to members of Congress who received the classified briefing last week.  And on Grusch, it is undisputed that he led the NGA's UAP task force and had special access program clearance.  On top of that, he's a decorated veteran, testified under oath, and offered to provide any documentation requested by Congress to support his claims in a SCIF, which the DoD has still not provided Congress access to.  The DoD, the very party who is being accused of withholding information, is the one blocking further inquiry into the matter.  I'm not sure what relevance his government pay grade has to anything, or the tried and true, "maybe he's making money from this".   

On 1/21/2024 at 7:15 PM, 956 Worldwide said:

Sir, you have to believe me when I tell you my patented Simpson and Son Revitalizing Tonic really works!

image.png.1ed0999c056ff43f23bf73cb67c42369.png

• Like 1
  • Drool 2

On 1/22/2024 at 7:16 PM, 956 Worldwide said:

My favorite alien theory is the “dark forest” hypothesis which holds that there are many alien civilizations that are both fearful and hostile, so they remain silent on the electromagnetic spectrum to avoid getting attacked by another hostile civilization.

In the meantime humanity is sending out dickpics and coordinates to our house, along with radio messages saying “u up?”

image.jpeg.3e31a9760e26f0e12a611ac197f627f9.jpeg 

That image was sent out in the 70s.  I am quite disappointed that the dude doesn't have long hair and a raging boner, and the gal doesn't have a bush the size of New Hampshire.  If we do not depict our true, authentic selves, how can we expect the aliens to trust us?

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That image was sent out in the 70s.  I am quite disappointed that the dude doesn't have long hair and a raging boner, and the gal doesn't have a bush the size of New Hampshire.  If we do not depict our true, authentic selves, how can we expect the aliens to trust us?

Carl Sagan originally wanted an extra vertical line to make the woman’s genitalia more accurate but NASA told him to stop purveying filth. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

The All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office released its report. Many UAP- promoters have announced that it is inaccurate and a coverup.  It is nearly all cold water on the really baroque claims of U.S. government programs with extraterrestrial tech. 

This part in particular is wild. There are several well-known UAP figures who tout their work with AATIP, which was not an official program name and its scope had nothing to do with UFOs/UAPs

image.thumb.png.1cb8c9fe84961ce37bb278cc7cca16ad.pngimage.thumb.png.c7971ce1281a564447e1bc01565a9827.png

• Hook 'Em 2

tenor.gif

Pentagon Review Finds No Evidence of Alien Cover-Up
But the new report suggests that the public’s belief that the government is hiding what it knows will probably continue.

In the 1960s, secret test flights of advanced government spy planes generated U.F.O. sightings. More recently, government and commercial drones, new kinds of satellites and errant weather balloons have led to a renaissance in unusual observations.

But, according to a new report, none of these sightings were of alien spacecraft.

The new congressionally mandated Pentagon report found no evidence that the government was covering up knowledge of extraterrestrial technology and said there was no evidence that any U.F.O. sightings represented alien visitation to Earth.

The 63-page document is the most sweeping rebuttal the Pentagon has issued in recent years to counter claims that it has information on extraterrestrial visits or technology. But amid widespread distrust of the government, the report is unlikely to calm a growing obsession with aliens.

Maj. Gen. Patrick Ryder, a Defense Department spokesman, said the Pentagon approached the report with an open mind and no preconceived notions, but simply found no evidence to back up claims of secret programs, hidden alien technology or anything else extraterrestrial.

“All investigative efforts, at all levels of classification, concluded that most sightings were ordinary objects and phenomena and the result of misidentification,” General Ryder said in a statement.

Spoiler

While many reports of what the government now calls Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena remain unsolved, the new document states plainly there is nothing to see. The Pentagon’s All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office concluded that if better quality data were available, “most of these cases also could be identified and resolved as ordinary objects or phenomena.”

Because of that missing data, Pentagon officials in the past have often been reluctant to speak clearly about various incidents, saying they lack information to draw a conclusion. But in the absence of conclusions, conspiracy theories have flourished, even as scientists and independent investigators made the case that optical illusions, weather phenomena, scientific balloons or drones were reasonable causes of nearly all of the unexplained incidents.

The report also challenges the accounts of whistle-blowers and former government officials who have said the United States is hiding evidence of aliens or extraterrestrial material from the public.

The Pentagon has, over time, tried to chip away at such claims. Officials have testified to Congress that the government has no extraterrestrial materials — much less a spaceship — in its possession. The Pentagon and NASA have used basic trigonometry to show why publicized military videos do not show anything extraordinary or alien.

The report will not be the last word. Congress has mandated a second report by the Pentagon and passed a measure last year ordering the National Archives to declassify more records. NASA and U.S. intelligence agencies are looking at ways to collect more comprehensive data about unexplained sightings.

But none of those efforts are likely to deviate from the broad conclusions stated on Friday.

Progress in debunking misinformation about U.F.O.s has been slowed by various changes in the task force looking into the matter. Congress has charged the Pentagon’s current group, the All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office, or AARO, with a historical review of the evidence.

The office has not found “any empirical evidence” that reported sightings represent “off world technology” or any classified program that had not been reported to Congress, the report concludes.

Nevertheless the public is unlikely to be swayed. Many people dismiss the government’s claims that nothing interesting is going on in Pentagon videos that appear to show strange objects, citing accounts by Navy pilots that they observed objects whose movements cannot be easily explained.

The new report notes that in the past, particularly in the 1950s, there was interest in U.F.O.s, but today the attention on unexplained sightings is greater than ever before.

The Pentagon, treading gently and writing with precise language, concludes that declining public trust in government and the speed in which misinformation now spreads has made it more difficult to rebut claims of extraterrestrial visits.

Citing a 2021 Gallup poll, the Pentagon said that exposure to the topic through “traditional and social media has increased the number of Americans who believe U.F.O. sightings are extraterrestrial in origins.”

“Aside from hoaxes and forgeries, misinformation and disinformation is more prevalent and easier to disseminate now than ever before, especially with today’s advanced photo, video and computer-generated imagery tools,” the report found. “Internet search and content recommendation algorithms serve to reinforce individuals’ preconceptions and confirmation biases just as much as to help educate and inform.”

The report notes that in the 1950s, many U.F.O. reports were driven by public sightings or classified government programs. The report lists government programs including the Manhattan Project and the secret development of the Air Force’s stealth drone, the RQ-170, that may have contributed to increased reports of unidentified objects or phenomena.

There are former government officials who firmly believe the United States has information about aliens or have heard reports about secret programs to study extraterrestrial technology. Those former officials have been star witnesses at congressional hearings.

As part of the investigation, the Pentagon interviewed people who made claims to Congress that they had direct knowledge about a government coverup and others who were said to have corroborating information.

An overview of their accounts makes plain that most of the reports of alien technology are, at best, secondhand. And none of the firsthand reports were corroborated by other witnesses.

Nevertheless, the Pentagon investigated the claims and, so far, found nothing to back them up. In contrast, it collected on-the-record refutations from other witnesses. The report said the office would continue to investigate and report further claims in a second volume.

The Pentagon also looked into classified and sensitive government programs that whistle-blowers have suggested were involved with examining captured alien spacecraft.

The Pentagon concluded that while “many of these programs represent authentic, current and former sensitive, national security programs,” none of them were involved with capturing or reverse engineering extraterrestrial technology.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/8/2024 at 6:33 PM, bolverk said:

tenor.gif

Pentagon Review Finds No Evidence of Alien Cover-Up
But the new report suggests that the public’s belief that the government is hiding what it knows will probably continue.

In the 1960s, secret test flights of advanced government spy planes generated U.F.O. sightings. More recently, government and commercial drones, new kinds of satellites and errant weather balloons have led to a renaissance in unusual observations.

But, according to a new report, none of these sightings were of alien spacecraft.

The new congressionally mandated Pentagon report found no evidence that the government was covering up knowledge of extraterrestrial technology and said there was no evidence that any U.F.O. sightings represented alien visitation to Earth.

The 63-page document is the most sweeping rebuttal the Pentagon has issued in recent years to counter claims that it has information on extraterrestrial visits or technology. But amid widespread distrust of the government, the report is unlikely to calm a growing obsession with aliens.

Maj. Gen. Patrick Ryder, a Defense Department spokesman, said the Pentagon approached the report with an open mind and no preconceived notions, but simply found no evidence to back up claims of secret programs, hidden alien technology or anything else extraterrestrial.

“All investigative efforts, at all levels of classification, concluded that most sightings were ordinary objects and phenomena and the result of misidentification,” General Ryder said in a statement.

Reveal hidden contents

While many reports of what the government now calls Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena remain unsolved, the new document states plainly there is nothing to see. The Pentagon’s All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office concluded that if better quality data were available, “most of these cases also could be identified and resolved as ordinary objects or phenomena.”

Because of that missing data, Pentagon officials in the past have often been reluctant to speak clearly about various incidents, saying they lack information to draw a conclusion. But in the absence of conclusions, conspiracy theories have flourished, even as scientists and independent investigators made the case that optical illusions, weather phenomena, scientific balloons or drones were reasonable causes of nearly all of the unexplained incidents.

The report also challenges the accounts of whistle-blowers and former government officials who have said the United States is hiding evidence of aliens or extraterrestrial material from the public.

The Pentagon has, over time, tried to chip away at such claims. Officials have testified to Congress that the government has no extraterrestrial materials — much less a spaceship — in its possession. The Pentagon and NASA have used basic trigonometry to show why publicized military videos do not show anything extraordinary or alien.

The report will not be the last word. Congress has mandated a second report by the Pentagon and passed a measure last year ordering the National Archives to declassify more records. NASA and U.S. intelligence agencies are looking at ways to collect more comprehensive data about unexplained sightings.

But none of those efforts are likely to deviate from the broad conclusions stated on Friday.

Progress in debunking misinformation about U.F.O.s has been slowed by various changes in the task force looking into the matter. Congress has charged the Pentagon’s current group, the All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office, or AARO, with a historical review of the evidence.

The office has not found “any empirical evidence” that reported sightings represent “off world technology” or any classified program that had not been reported to Congress, the report concludes.

Nevertheless the public is unlikely to be swayed. Many people dismiss the government’s claims that nothing interesting is going on in Pentagon videos that appear to show strange objects, citing accounts by Navy pilots that they observed objects whose movements cannot be easily explained.

The new report notes that in the past, particularly in the 1950s, there was interest in U.F.O.s, but today the attention on unexplained sightings is greater than ever before.

The Pentagon, treading gently and writing with precise language, concludes that declining public trust in government and the speed in which misinformation now spreads has made it more difficult to rebut claims of extraterrestrial visits.

Citing a 2021 Gallup poll, the Pentagon said that exposure to the topic through “traditional and social media has increased the number of Americans who believe U.F.O. sightings are extraterrestrial in origins.”

“Aside from hoaxes and forgeries, misinformation and disinformation is more prevalent and easier to disseminate now than ever before, especially with today’s advanced photo, video and computer-generated imagery tools,” the report found. “Internet search and content recommendation algorithms serve to reinforce individuals’ preconceptions and confirmation biases just as much as to help educate and inform.”

The report notes that in the 1950s, many U.F.O. reports were driven by public sightings or classified government programs. The report lists government programs including the Manhattan Project and the secret development of the Air Force’s stealth drone, the RQ-170, that may have contributed to increased reports of unidentified objects or phenomena.

There are former government officials who firmly believe the United States has information about aliens or have heard reports about secret programs to study extraterrestrial technology. Those former officials have been star witnesses at congressional hearings.

As part of the investigation, the Pentagon interviewed people who made claims to Congress that they had direct knowledge about a government coverup and others who were said to have corroborating information.

An overview of their accounts makes plain that most of the reports of alien technology are, at best, secondhand. And none of the firsthand reports were corroborated by other witnesses.

Nevertheless, the Pentagon investigated the claims and, so far, found nothing to back them up. In contrast, it collected on-the-record refutations from other witnesses. The report said the office would continue to investigate and report further claims in a second volume.

The Pentagon also looked into classified and sensitive government programs that whistle-blowers have suggested were involved with examining captured alien spacecraft.

The Pentagon concluded that while “many of these programs represent authentic, current and former sensitive, national security programs,” none of them were involved with capturing or reverse engineering extraterrestrial technology.

Interesting the Pentagon releases the videos that the New York Times publish stating they don’t know what it is…. Only to about face and claim indefinitely there’s no proof of anything being of alien origin. Other countries have already admitted there is something visiting. High ranking officials don’t shoot at random objects, mis identify balloons, mistake birds on satellite. It takes just 1 claim to be true. 

5 hours ago, Texasborn91 said:

Interesting the Pentagon releases the videos that the New York Times publish stating they don’t know what it is…. Only to about face and claim indefinitely there’s no proof of anything being of alien origin. Other countries have already admitted there is something visiting. High ranking officials don’t shoot at random objects, mis identify balloons, mistake birds on satellite. It takes just 1 claim to be true. 

There’s is no contradiction between saying: a) we don’t know what X is, and b) we have no proof of extraterrestrial visitors

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

There’s is no contradiction between saying: a) we don’t know what X is, and b) we have no proof of extraterrestrial visitors

there was literally just a congressional hearing about this…. They know what it is. This is the Pentagon calming the sheep. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/10/2024 at 5:24 PM, HouTex said:

Everyone should read the full report.  But still, the nuts will still disregard everything and say it’s all a coverup.  Hard to disprove a negative.  

No you're right - when has the pentagon or CIA ever lied about anything?

Some of y'all fuckin crack me up, man. 

Edited by ztejas