UAP Pentagon Report (UFOs, Foo Fighters, Commie Drones)

Doc Reeves

43 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Which is why, were it aliens, I think he would have put it on blast, because it would have boosted his image, and distracted folks/media from other stuff going on at that time.

I think it would have been used in defense budget fights.  Talk about an easy way to get anything and everything they wanted.  And it would have been used to unify people.

You make valid points and honestly I think Trump is almost a perfect character to put into this whole swirling thing. Whatever the truth is I agree that the report probably won’t answer much, rather just outline the mystery some. 

E8BD74C3-A3F0-45B2-9726-3E2CDBD1868F.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

His show still airs but not consistently. They'll play episodes in the 1 hour time slot leading up to Noory's version of C2CAM. Listening to Bell's shows now they certainly at times do seem to have a staged feel, like an old timey radio show. 

Kind of a conspiracy theory version of Prairie Home Companion.

It was an awesome show at times, since he didn't screen calls and would talk to anybody.  I remember one episode where a guy said he shot Bigfoot or Sasquatch or whatever, and then was attacked by another one, and I pictured it in my head as some kind of Uncle Jimbo type from South Park.  Liked the time travelers.  Loved his New Year's prediction shows.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

It's been interesting lately, as they've scraped the surface of the Earth to find guests with new and different takes on our butt probing visitors. 

I know Art Bell had a lot of shit happening in his life in the 2000s, but I kind of wonder if that's why he ultimately stepped back quite a bit - after decades of hearing every whacko under the sun (or rather the moon) call in, it probably got somewhat old at times.

3 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

e7bae022b06366aba66a9b6843bb963d.gif

The most confusing thing is that a bunch of YouTubers aren't out there recreating these sightings and showing how they could be pulled off.  Talk about the views.  Actually, for all I know, they maybe, but I've avoided that search because my current viewing algorithms are pretty good.

But back in the early 90s, for those of us into the JFK conspiracy stuff, for around $6,170.00 (maybe a little more, I don't have all my old receipts) you could hypothetically get the following:

• 6 pose-able life-size mannequins (that could be seated) with torsos that could be modified to hold ballistic gel and pig bones, and could be easily patched.
  • 4x 25 pound bags of ballistic gelatin powder (you had to mix it with water and pour it in a mold or container of sorts, like a hollowed-out mannequin torso)
  • A life-size mold of a human head
  • Plenty of discarded bones from a butcher's shop
  • A dozen pig carcasses (which were ultimately replaced with the life-size mannequins that could be patched back together, because holy fuck you would have to hose the Continental down after every test session and that shit smelled in the summer if you didn't clean it out, and it was a pain in the ass to keep them refrigerated as well when not in use)
  • A '62 or '63 Lincoln Continental hardtop - it's basically the same as the '61 that JFK was riding in, but it's cheaper because JFK collectors bought all of the '61 convertibles up, and you can hack the hardtop off to simulate a convertible (convertibles were more expensive because of collectors and typically had more problems due to the ragtops leaking/etc..) It didn't have to actually run either, saving you some money, it just needed to have working wheels/axles so that it could be towed.
  • 2x early '60s seats from a junked out Ford or Lincoln (to simulate the middle row of seating in JFK's modified limousine)
  • Another early 60s Lincoln Continental, and it could be from a junk yard (and maybe they'd let you hack it up there) - you were just after enough of the floor/chassis/bodywork to extend your running/tow-worthy Continental by 3 feet to simulate JFK's limo.
  • 3 or 4  6.5mmx52mm Carcano Model 91/38 rifles - you wanted multiples so that you had at least some kind of sample size and the quality was all over the fucking place. Surprisingly cheap even though they were only made in I think 1940 and 1941, and most serious JFK conspiracy fans had at least a couple.
  • A few hundred rounds of 6.5×52mm Cartuccia Modello 1895 rimless cartridges (No they weren't made in 1895, but they were modeled after the 1895 cartridges, and they were expensive as shit in the early 90s - some fans ultimately took to reloading their cartridges).
  • A few dozen clips that were similar to the Austrian Mannlicher clips - This is how the Mannlicher name came to be associated with the Carcano rifle, even though it didn't use Mannlicher clips from what I recall.
  • A helmet and some shitty old WWII-era flak jacket for your cousin who was driving the tractor towing the car, because he could be quite the pussy when somebody was shooting at a car that was 15 feet behind him.

Then take it to your cousin's farm, and have him tow it around a pasture behind a tractor at 11.2 mph while you took shots at it from a tall tree at varying heights, to simulate the different levels of the Texas School Book Depository, as well as from a small round-shaped hill, and from behind a wooden fence.

It was easy to do your own research on the JFK stuff once you got all of that together, and you could make up your own mind about how it was done.

I may have to hop on my phone and use a VPN and one of the privacy-focused browsers to see if anybody is doing recreations of the UFO stuff.

On 5/28/2021 at 11:48 AM, atomheartbevo said:

Decades of reading sci-fi, both good and bad, have me thinking this way if aliens ever show up.

Yes, I'm applying a human mindset here, but in the past, no country on earth ever set out to explore other parts of the earth because they wanted to say "Hi" to the natives, and help those natives reach their full potential, and not take their land and resources. 

All of our modern exploration has also been because of some strategic or tactical reason.  Our civilian agencies map and explore the ocean floors in part to provide an advantage to the Navy.  Hell, the Titanic was found because Bob Ballard was in the Navy, and the Navy was secretly funding a search for some sunken submarines. We even landed on the moon because we wanted to beat the Russians and stake a claim to the ultimate high ground.  We do a lot of climate research because it will have an impact on future resources and will affect other countries (and our military accounts for how it may shape future threats). Arguably Mars is an extension of that, but even if it's 100% peaceful, a big chunk of our NASA budget (and other related agencies) is still tied into us maintaining some kind of superiority, or at least staying even with Russia, China, etc.  China's current moves in space are helping to drive our exploration plans.

If we ever reach the point where we can send manned ships out of our solar system, are we doing it because we want those humans to peacefully look for other intelligent lifeforms, or are we doing it to ensure the survival of the human species, should something happen within our own solar system?  The latter is much easier to sell to the countries footing the bill.

I think it's fair to question the motives of any other intelligent lifeforms out exploring the universe.

Meant to reply to this yesterday. All valid points from our perspective for sure, an alien species is always going to be invasive.  We 're a pretty young species, and are still dealing with poverty, death, disease, how to govern justly, etc.

I'd hope that a species capable of interstellar travel would have moved beyond (mastered )the simple needs of a species, and could be on a higher plane of civilization.  However, if Star Trek taught us anything, they're all a bunch of sneaky, murderous bastards,  starting, and ending with Harry Mudd.

4 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Meant to reply to this yesterday. All valid points from our perspective for sure, an alien species is always going to be invasive.  We 're a pretty young species, and are still dealing with poverty, death, disease, how to govern justly, etc.

I'd hope that a species capable of interstellar travel would have moved beyond (mastered )the simple needs of a species, and could be on a higher plane of civilization.  However, if Star Trek taught us anything, they're all a bunch of sneaky, murderous bastards,  starting, and ending with Harry Mudd.

And they all conveniently speak English without the pretense for a need for a universal translator or babble fish unless they’re dealing with Klingons. 

• Like 1

I watched the Bob Lazar doc on Netflix and got really fucking tired of the narrator being some cross between Morpheus and Spiccoli telling me that known reality is an illusory construct of primitive minds to protect themselves from the dangers of the unknown and shit.  Fuck you, Mickey Rourke.

And I’m fucking sorry, if you can’t show any documentation that you went to cal tech or mit and worked at Los alamos or whatever, sorry, that sinks your credibility.  Produce a fucking transcript.  Or a paystub.  Or a 1099.  Unless you are completely full of shit.

I wish there was a real documentary that approached the topic from the point of view of a skeptic looking to just inform where the limits of our understanding are and what events have been over that line.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The most confusing thing is that a bunch of YouTubers aren't out there recreating these sightings and showing how they could be pulled off.  Talk about the views.  Actually, for all I know, they maybe, but I've avoided that search because my current viewing algorithms are pretty good.

But back in the early 90s, for those of us into the JFK conspiracy stuff, for around $6,170.00 (maybe a little more, I don't have all my old receipts) you could hypothetically get the following:

• 6 pose-able life-size mannequins (that could be seated) with torsos that could be modified to hold ballistic gel and pig bones, and could be easily patched.
  • 4x 25 pound bags of ballistic gelatin powder (you had to mix it with water and pour it in a mold or container of sorts, like a hollowed-out mannequin torso)
  • A dozen pig carcasses (which were ultimately replaced with the life-size mannequins that could be patched back together, because holy fuck you would have to hose the Continental down after every test session and that shit smelled in the summer if you didn't clean it out, and it was a pain in the ass to keep them refrigerated as well when not in use)
  • A '62 or '63 Lincoln Continental hardtop - it's basically the same as the '61 that JFK was riding in, but it's cheaper because JFK collectors bought all of the '61 convertibles up, and you can hack the hardtop off to simulate a convertible (convertibles were more expensive because of collectors and typically had more problems due to the ragtops leaking/etc..) It didn't have to actually run either, saving you some money, it just needed to have working wheels/axles so that it could be towed.
  • 2x early '60s seats from a junked out Ford or Lincoln (to simulate the middle row of seating in JFK's modified limousine)
  • Another early 60s Lincoln Continental, and it could be from a junk yard (and maybe they'd let you hack it up there) - you were just after enough of the floor/chassis/bodywork to extend your running/tow-worthy Continental by 3 feet to simulate JFK's limo.
  • 3 or 4  6.5mmx52mm Carcano Model 91/38 rifles - you wanted multiples so that you had at least some kind of sample size and the quality was all over the fucking place. Surprisingly cheap even though they were only made in I think 1940 and 1941, and most serious JFK conspiracy fans had at least a couple.
  • A few hundred rounds of 6.5×52mm Cartuccia Modello 1895 rimless cartridges (No they weren't made in 1895, but they were modeled after the 1895 cartridges, and they were expensive as shit in the early 90s - some fans ultimately took to reloading their cartridges).
  • A few dozen clips that were similar to the Austrian Mannlicher clips - This is how the Mannlicher name came to be associated with the Carcano rifle, even though it didn't use Mannlicher clips from what I recall.
  • A helmet and some shitty old WWII-era flak jacket for your cousin who was driving the tractor towing the car, because he could be quite the pussy when somebody was shooting at a car that was 15 feet behind him.

Then take it to your cousin's farm, and have him tow it around a pasture behind a tractor at 11.2 mph while you took shots at it from a tall tree at varying heights, to simulate the different levels of the Texas School Book Depository, as well as from a small round-shaped hill, and from behind a wooden fence.

It was easy to do your own research on the JFK stuff once you got all of that together, and you could make up your own mind about how it was done.

I may have to hop on my phone and use a VPN and one of the privacy-focused browsers to see if anybody is doing recreations of the UFO stuff.

Jesus, Man.

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Oooooookaaaaaayyy...  everyone just back away slowly.. and no one will get hurt ......... probably.  :)  

On 5/28/2021 at 7:44 PM, Doc Reeves said:

You make valid points and honestly I think Trump is almost a perfect character to put into this whole swirling thing. Whatever the truth is I agree that the report probably won’t answer much, rather just outline the mystery some. 

I think Trump knew about aliens before he became president so reading a report from our military was probably no new revelation. I figure he has Bilderberg buddies that filled him in a long time ago.

17 hours ago, Goredho said:

I watched the Bob Lazar doc on Netflix and got really fucking tired of the narrator being some cross between Morpheus and Spiccoli telling me that known reality is an illusory construct of primitive minds to protect themselves from the dangers of the unknown and shit.  Fuck you, Mickey Rourke.

And I’m fucking sorry, if you can’t show any documentation that you went to cal tech or mit and worked at Los alamos or whatever, sorry, that sinks your credibility.  Produce a fucking transcript.  Or a paystub.  Or a 1099.  Unless you are completely full of shit.

I wish there was a real documentary that approached the topic from the point of view of a skeptic looking to just inform where the limits of our understanding are and what events have been over that line.

I've been into UFO stuff since I was in Jr. High, 30 some years ago. Working nights and weekends I used to listen a lot to Coast to Coast AM a lot and I imagine that's where I first heard about Lazar. I dunno if he's legit or not, it seems there's just enough to the story to buy in but then there's the missing stuff that turns you off. There are records of him working at Los Alamos and supposedly there are copies of his paystub floating around from when he worked at S-4. But no records of his education past junior college...

His story is pretty interesting though if true or not. So here's Lazar living in Las Vegas, running a one hour photo business and is co-owner of brothel. He's friends with a guy named Gene Huff, who among other things, was a house appraiser. Gene Huff was also friends with John Lear (son of Bill Lear who founded Lear Jets). John Lear was deeeep into UFO shit. So John Lear wants to refinance his house and calls his friend Gene Huff for a friendly appraisal. Gene calls Lazar (why Lazar is a question mark) to come and hold the dumb end of the tape measure, for some reason Gene Huff wanted Lazar and Lear to meet. So Huff and Lear start talking about Area 51, this was before the stealth fighter or bomber or whichever had been made public and people were talking about seeing strange things flying there which at the time was the stealth jets. Anyway Huff tells Lear hey my buddy here used to work at Los Alamos and Lear gets the great idea that Lazar should get a job at Area 51 and then Bob replies I know a guy maybe I can get in.

So our guy gets hired of course and is shown the goods and finds out when the test flights are and takes his wife and friends out to see. On the way back they get stopped by a deputy and Lazar gets detained and an ass chewing... About this time too Lazar realizes that he's always under surveillance and starts to get paranoid. Then his boss calls him and tells him he's not needed for a while and he starts to freak out after he's not called in to work for a couple weeks. Turns out that his wife had been cheating on him and the g-men knew because they listened to phone calls between his wife and her lover... They weren't calling him into to work because they knew shit at home wasn't stable and he wouldn't be able to work with a clear mind. But Bob didn't know any of that yet and he thought he was about to get suicided so he figured his best bet was to go public and got a hold of George Knapp, who is a highly acclaimed journalist but also into the fringy shit like skinwalkers and aliens and stuff.

So Knapp has done a ton of research into Lazar, seen some shit Lazar has (supposedly he has a stash of 115 he stole from S4) and even though he can't prove his education Knapp still rests his reputation on Lazar being legit. And John Lear, who is a cooky fuck even for the UFO community, stands by Lazar too. Who knows...

Ok, Mulder.  If by “interesting” you mean crazy conspiracy with zero evidence to back up claims, then yeah, his story is “interesting.”

People who dig his shit always wind up at, “but what if it’s true!”  If you give a shit about truth, you won’t be wasting your time chasing the wild claims devoid of evidence from someone who would never have gotten within 1000 organizational miles of Alien technology possessed by the US government.  He had no formal education past junior college, he only worked for the consulting equivalent of a temp agency to the US government, and he declared bankruptcy in 1986.

But the US government hand picked this wacko as one of the handful of guys to entrust with what would be our greatest national secret?

In the documentary, someone (Knapp?  Lear?) bemoaned the fact that people always focused on this vacuum in his background and not the real story — you know, the alien spacecraft owned by the US government.

No one focuses on that because there is no story.  All you have is a single voice stating he saw it and worked to reverse engineer it.   He has no evidence, no one corroborating what he says.  There is nothing there except one guy saying I saw this.  If that’s your barrier for proof, then fucking A, Bigfoot is real, Nessie is a Plesiosaur and Elvis and Hitler are living it up in South America.  Oh, and Jeffrey Epstein killed himself, but only because he was being controlled by Hillary Clinton and Bill Gates who were using him as a test subject for the covid vaccine microchip that they are getting ready to activate in the masses.

There are legit perplexing and disturbing UFO/UAP events out there that deserve attention.  If you are interested in them, don’t waste your time on Bob Lazar’s alternate reality he has constructed where he’s the central character in the greatest event in human history.  A “reality” very different than the one he has to live as a very bright underachiever who could have done much, much more with his obvious intellectual gifts.

Edit:  A Bob Lazar documentary that would be interesting would be one done by Werner Herzog along the lines of Grizzly Man.

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Ok, Mulder.  If by “interesting” you mean crazy conspiracy with zero evidence to back up claims, then yeah, his story is “interesting.”

People who dig his shit always wind up at, “but what if it’s true!”  If you give a shit about truth, you won’t be wasting your time chasing the wild claims devoid of evidence from someone who would never have gotten within 1000 organizational miles of Alien technology possessed by the US government.  He had no formal education past junior college, he only worked for the consulting equivalent of a temp agency to the US government, and he declared bankruptcy in 1986.

But the US government hand picked this wacko as one of the handful of guys to entrust with what would be our greatest national secret?

In the documentary, someone (Knapp?  Lear?) bemoaned the fact that people always focused on this vacuum in his background and not the real story — you know, the alien spacecraft owned by the US government.

No one focuses on that because there is no story.  All you have is a single voice stating he saw it and worked to reverse engineer it.   He has no evidence, no one corroborating what he says.  There is nothing there except one guy saying I saw this.  If that’s your barrier for proof, then fucking A, Bigfoot is real, Nessie is a Plesiosaur and Elvis and Hitler are living it up in South America.  Oh, and Jeffrey Epstein killed himself, but only because he was being controlled by Hillary Clinton and Bill Gates who were using him as a test subject for the covid vaccine microchip that they are getting ready to activate in the masses.

There are legit perplexing and disturbing UFO/UAP events out there that deserve attention.  If you are interested in them, don’t waste your time on Bob Lazar’s alternate reality he has constructed where he’s the central character in the greatest event in human history.  A “reality” very different than the one he has to live as a very bright underachiever who could have done much, much more with his obvious intellectual gifts.

Edit:  A Bob Lazar documentary that would be interesting would be one done by Werner Herzog along the lines of Grizzly Man.

See the source image

• Like 1

There are thousands upon thousands of people looking for evidence of UFOs or UAPs. I want to believe too, but there isn’t some massive government coverup. There’s no evidence. They do have sightings, just like public sightings, and they “cover up” those just like they don’t release details about a billion other things. They don’t know what the shit is, no one does, including the Russians and Chinese, and until someone provides verifiable evidence that doesn’t involve leaps of faith, then we will all be twisting in the wind. We probably won’t know shit until the UAP want us to know. They have the tech to avoid close up identification for now, or it seem like it. 

40 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Sorry I was late to the party and was just recounting stuff I had read about Lazar. I don't disagree with your sentiment and I'm not arguing any of that except there is proof he was at Los Alamos, past that I don't think he has much else... And I do find it interesting because I'm interested in the whole subject and I do agree his story is pretty thin but it is part of the overall story/ufo culture.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, JMFP said:

Sorry I was late to the party and was just recounting stuff I had read about Lazar. I don't disagree with your sentiment and I'm not arguing any of that except there is proof he was at Los Alamos, past that I don't think he has much else... And I do find it interesting because I'm interested in the whole subject and I do agree his story is pretty thin but it is part of the overall story/ufo culture.

All good, I was reacting more to the people who made the doc and those who recommended it earlier in the thread as a good entry point into UFO/UAP without being laced with kooky conspiracy theories.

Lazar can only be right if the US government, Caltech, MIT and all the unbiased researchers who have looked at his story to see if anything is there are all conspiring against him.  It’s far more likely he’s full of shit.  The burden of proof is on him to provide something, anything, beyond his assertions that there is veracity to his story.  He can’t, even with decades of help from people like Knapp, Lear and other believers.

So with only his assertions to go on, and all the smoke in his background, the bankruptcy, his involvement in a prostitution ring and the sale of illegal explosive materials (for making “fireworks”), the only reasonable conclusion is that he’s a sharp guy with loose morals pulling one over on those with a genuine interest in UFO phenomenon.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I was reacting more to the people who made the doc and those who recommended it earlier in the thread as a good entry point into UFO/UAP without being laced with kooky conspiracy theories.

mind pointing out and quoting were that happened?

7 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

mind pointing out and quoting were that happened?

You specifically recommended the Lazar doc.  It’s a bad “documentary.”  Lazar’s story is straight conspiracy bullshit.  Which is fine if someone wants to consume that, but it’s not at all an objective source of information devoid of propaganda.

B28E76FB-E899-4486-86CC-199623D14317.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Goredho said:

You specifically recommended the Lazar doc.  It’s a bad “documentary.”  Lazar’s story is straight conspiracy bullshit.  Which is fine if someone wants to consume that, but it’s not at all an objective source of information devoid of propaganda.

B28E76FB-E899-4486-86CC-199623D14317.jpeg

There it is. I said the Netflix doc was kinda compelling. It’s entertaining (if you can get thru some of the eye roll moments) and if you disagree then that’s just fine.  

if you keep reading, I also said I dont think that he’s unquestionably telling the truth, that the parts of his story that are somewhat compelling dont point to him doing alien shit, that UAPs are man made somehow and that the chance of this being aliens is comparable to winning Power Ball.  

This is pure entertainment to me and until some serious evidence comes out I’m sticking with man-made.

If we want to go fantastical explications I’d still rank an “abyss” type of terrestrial civilization we were unaware of before aliens 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

There it is. I said the Netflix doc was kinda compelling. It’s entertaining (if you can get thru some of the eye roll moments) and if you disagree then that’s just fine.  

if you keep reading, I also said I dont think that he’s unquestionably telling the truth, that the parts of his story that are somewhat compelling dont point to him doing alien shit, that UAPs are man made somehow and that the chance of this being aliens is comparable to winning Power Ball.  

This is pure entertainment to me and until some serious evidence comes out I’m sticking with man-made.

If we want to go fantastical explications I’d still rank an “abyss” type of terrestrial civilization we were unaware of before aliens 

You like what you like, and that’s cool.  I specifically watched it because it was recommended to someone looking for an objective documentary devoid of propaganda, and it’s just not that.  At all.  It’s UFO conspiracy pr0n that will appeal to viewers who have a low standard for evidentiary plausibility.  Which is fine if that is what someone is looking for.  But if someone wants a serious documentary on the subject of UFO/UAP, save yourself the hour and a half of guvment conspiracy bullshittery.

24 minutes ago, Goredho said:

You like what you like, and that’s cool.  I specifically watched it because it was recommended to someone looking for an objective documentary devoid of propaganda, and it’s just not that.  At all.  It’s UFO conspiracy pr0n that will appeal to viewers who have a low standard for evidentiary plausibility.  Which is fine if that is what someone is looking for.  But if someone wants a serious documentary on the subject of UFO/UAP, save yourself the hour and a half of guvment conspiracy bullshittery.

Fair enough. The thing about this is that it’s unknown. At this particular point in the mystery all explanations are relatively and equally probable simply because we don’t know anything. Personally, I like the sci-fi interplay and the “well…maybe…” type stuff because I think it’s usually incredibly human and exposes some very existential facets.

For those interested in the topic. Check out John Mack’s book Abduction. Harvard psychiatrist. Good read. Also, look into his research and footage from his visit to the Ariel School in Africa where there was an event involving many young kids on a playground at school one day.

EDIT- for the conspiracy theorists…Dr. Mack was hit and killed by a car in Europe not long after he went to visit the Ariel School and was starting to really uncover some interesting things.

Edited by Tailgate
  • Hook 'Em 1

Semi-relevant:

https://physicsworld.com/a/frozen-detonation-could-enable-hypersonic-flight/

Scientists in the US have produced a detonation that is fixed in space for the first time. This standing wave detonation was created in a prototype engine and the researchers say that such a system could one day power aircraft at up to 17 times the speed of sound.

Most fires are deflagrations. This form of combustion creates a subsonic reaction wave and powers much of our transport technology. But you can get a much more powerful and efficient release of energy from a detonation. This type of combustion produces supersonic shock waves driven by energy release from closely coupled chemical reactions. These waves travel at many times the speed of sound, with those produced by igniting a hydrogen–air fuel mix, for example, often reaching speeds of Mach 5.…

5 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That’s not how probability works. 

The Men in Black scenario is a 50% probability since either it’s true or it isn’t.

On an unrelated note, I’m a terrible poker player.

Edited by Mole
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

That’s fair. Should have referred to ‘chances’ rather than probability 

Same diff. The chances of there being intelligent, advanced alien visitors are so infinitesimally small as to make it practically impossible. The chance that there’s a human explanation is much, much more likely.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Same diff. The chances of there being intelligent, advanced alien visitors are so infinitesimally small as to make it practically impossible. The chance that there’s a human explanation is much, much more likely.

Why is it infinitesimally small? 

10 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

Fair enough. The thing about this is that it’s unknown. At this particular point in the mystery all explanations are relatively and equally probable simply because we don’t know anything. Personally, I like the sci-fi interplay and the “well…maybe…” type stuff because I think it’s usually incredibly human and exposes some very existential facets.

The explanation that Bob Lazar is full of shit is not relatively and equally probable.  It's the only logical conclusion.  All that exists is him asserting something, and he has enough holes in his story and ethically questionable behavior in his life to be far more likely an unreliable source of false information than the man Uncle Sam picked to entrust with its greatest national secret.  People who gravitate to his story are a case study in confirmation bias.

And trust me, the abject shittiness of this "documentary" about him is unfortunately completely knowable.  20% critics score on Rotten Tomatoes and 40% viewer score.  Even most viewers that were into Lazar's story hated it.

"Worst, most amateurish editing to the point that it was unbearable. Couldn't finish it. The worst thing one could do to discredit Robert lazar is to agree to make a movie with this director. Overpowering music, inaudible and cringe editing, messy filming/camera angles. Director tried way too hard and this movie was pure cringe. Such a shame there was a real story to tell and this doco had such potential."

"I have never bothered to review a movie online. This director is a tool in the most intense way. I loved the Bob Lazar interview with Joe Rogan. How did this guy stuff us the story so badly. Terrible over the top soundtrack, try hard gravely voice over, garage band music video style flashy alien sequences they have no relevance to the story. Utter douche. Once I saw him in the movie, it all made sense. Such a tool. Do not watch. Watch the JR interview on Youtube instead."

"The least informative documentary I've ever seen, and it was horribly directed. After finishing the movie, it was still very unclear as to what this documentary's intention was since Bob Lazar's story is already famous and well documented. 30-45 minutes of the movie consisted of obscure slowmo shots of the egocentric Director, the Earth, Space, and Aliens with the audio of an inaudible, mumbling narrator asking the viewer existential questions. Absolute waste of time. Watch Joe Rogan's interview with Bob Lazar instead. It's way more informative."

"Heavy on stock footage and speculation, light on new information. Went in circles and never really said anything worthwhile. Mickey Rourke sounded unintelligible and drunk."

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

The explanation that Bob Lazar is full of shit is not relatively and equally probable.  It's the only logical conclusion.  All that exists is him asserting something, and he has enough holes in his story and ethically questionable behavior in his life to be far more likely an unreliable source of false information than the man Uncle Sam picked to entrust with its greatest national secret.  People who gravitate to his story are a case study in confirmation bias.

And trust me, the abject shittiness of this "documentary" about him is unfortunately completely knowable.  20% critics score on Rotten Tomatoes and 40% viewer score.  Even most viewers that were into Lazar's story hated it.

"Worst, most amateurish editing to the point that it was unbearable. Couldn't finish it. The worst thing one could do to discredit Robert lazar is to agree to make a movie with this director. Overpowering music, inaudible and cringe editing, messy filming/camera angles. Director tried way too hard and this movie was pure cringe. Such a shame there was a real story to tell and this doco had such potential."

"I have never bothered to review a movie online. This director is a tool in the most intense way. I loved the Bob Lazar interview with Joe Rogan. How did this guy stuff us the story so badly. Terrible over the top soundtrack, try hard gravely voice over, garage band music video style flashy alien sequences they have no relevance to the story. Utter douche. Once I saw him in the movie, it all made sense. Such a tool. Do not watch. Watch the JR interview on Youtube instead."

"The least informative documentary I've ever seen, and it was horribly directed. After finishing the movie, it was still very unclear as to what this documentary's intention was since Bob Lazar's story is already famous and well documented. 30-45 minutes of the movie consisted of obscure slowmo shots of the egocentric Director, the Earth, Space, and Aliens with the audio of an inaudible, mumbling narrator asking the viewer existential questions. Absolute waste of time. Watch Joe Rogan's interview with Bob Lazar instead. It's way more informative."

"Heavy on stock footage and speculation, light on new information. Went in circles and never really said anything worthwhile. Mickey Rourke sounded unintelligible and drunk."

Woah, woah, woah…

im not saying there is equal chance that Bob Lasar is telling the truth. 

If aliens actually dropped out of the sky tomorrow that would have no bearing on the facts of his story.

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Probably deals with large sets of data. The chances are based on our scenario that there are roughly 4-5 possible outcomes as described by some of the articles in the absence of data. 

Edited by Doc Reeves

WellWereWaiting.gif 

As with all reports from the our glorious gov, I’m sure it will resolve everything.

Pentagon set to release government report on UFOs

A government-sanctioned report on unidentified aerial phenomena could be released by the Pentagon and other federal agencies as soon as Tuesday.  It will include information that cannot easily be explained, according to a former top national intelligence official. UFOs are often synonymous with aliens in pop culture, but those who study the phenomenon say they should be understood by their literal name: unidentified flying objects. Often, they may have mundane explanations like weather balloons or drones. But for now, some sightings don't have accepted explanations. Last week, a UFO filmmaker shared a video clip depicting radar footage he claimed shows a swarm of unidentified flying objects near a Navy ship off the coast of San Diego almost two years ago.

On 3/26/2021 at 10:25 AM, Doc Reeves said:

In accordance with the newly signed act, the government is required to release the report within 180 days, giving it a deadline of June 1. There’s a chance it could come sooner. It could also be delayed, reports the Washington Post....

so today’s the big day.

You know, unless it isn’t

15 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

narrator: (ssshhhh, we've had hypersonic combined-cycle engines for 50 years, operational 30 years ago)

Yeah, tech isn’t new and there have been all sorts of buzz about it concerning the supposed “aurora project” or pics of strange contrails for decades. They seem to finally be making some headway in some aspects of the tech, but we are probably at least 30yrs away from that form of propulsion being viable. 

Edited by Doc Reeves

2 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Where’s the fucking report?

Maybe today, maybe late June, maybe by the end of summer

from yesterday:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/pentagon-ufo-report-what-we-know.html

Two factors might delay the report’s release: Agencies have missed similar congressional reporting deadlines in the past; and the provision is not technically binding, as the language was included in the Senate Intelligence Committee’s report on the bill, not the bill itself.

“In other words, it isn’t statute, but the agencies/departments generally treat report language as bill language,” said one senior Senate aide familiar with the legislation.

U.S. Finds No Evidence of Alien Technology in Flying Objects, but Can’t Rule It Out, Either
A new report concedes that much about the observed phenomena remains difficult to explain, including their acceleration, as well as ability to change direction and submerge.

WASHINGTON — American intelligence officials have found no evidence that aerial phenomena witnessed by Navy pilots in recent years are alien spacecraft, but they still cannot explain the unusual movements that have mystified scientists and the military, according to senior administration officials briefed on the findings of a highly anticipated government report.

The report determines that a vast majority of more than 120 incidents over the past two decades did not originate from any American military or other advanced U.S. government technology, the officials said. That determination would appear to eliminate the possibility that Navy pilots who reported seeing unexplained aircraft might have encountered programs the government meant to keep secret.

But that is about the only conclusive finding in the classified intelligence report, the officials said. And while a forthcoming unclassified version, expected to be released to Congress by June 25, will present few other firm conclusions, senior officials briefed on the intelligence conceded that the very ambiguity of the findings meant the government could not definitively rule out theories that the phenomena observed by military pilots might be alien spacecraft.

Spoiler

Americans’ long-running fascination with U.F.O.s has intensified in recent weeks in anticipation of the release of the government report. Former President Barack Obama further stoked the interest when he was asked last month about the incidents on “The Late Late Show with James Corden” on CBS.

“What is true, and I’m actually being serious here,” Mr. Obama said, “is that there is footage and records of objects in the skies that we don’t know exactly what they are.’’

The report concedes that much about the observed phenomena remains difficult to explain, including their acceleration, as well as ability to change direction and submerge. One possible explanation — that the phenomena could be weather balloons or other research balloons — does not hold up in all cases, the officials said, because of changes in wind speed at the times of some of the interactions.

The final report will also include a classified annex, the officials said. While the annex will not contain any evidence concluding that the phenomena are alien spacecraft, the officials acknowledged that the fact that it would remain off limits to the public was likely to continue to fuel speculation that the government had secret data about alien visitations to Earth.

Many of the more than 120 incidents examined in the report are from Navy personnel, officials said. The report also examined incidents involving foreign militaries over the last two decades. Intelligence officials believe at least some of the aerial phenomena could have been experimental technology from a rival power, most likely Russia or China.

One senior official briefed on the intelligence said without hesitation that U.S. officials knew it was not American technology. He said there was worry among intelligence and military officials that China or Russia could be experimenting with hypersonic technology.

He and other officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the classified findings in the report.

Russia has been investing heavily in hypersonics, believing the technology offers it the ability to evade American missile-defense technology. China has also developed hypersonic weaponry, and included it in military parades. If the phenomena were Chinese or Russian aircraft, officials said, that would suggest the two powers’ hypersonic research had far outpaced American military development.

Navy pilots were often unsettled by the sightings. In one encounter, strange objects — one of them like a spinning top moving against the wind — appeared almost daily from the summer of 2014 to March 2015, high in the skies over the East Coast. Navy pilots reported to their superiors that the objects had no visible engine or infrared exhaust plumes, but that they could reach 30,000 feet and hypersonic speeds.

Lt. Ryan Graves, an F/A-18 Super Hornet pilot who was with the Navy for 10 years, told The New York Times in an interview, “These things would be out there all day.” With the speeds he and other pilots observed, he said, “12 hours in the air is 11 hours longer than we’d expect.”

In late 2014, a Super Hornet pilot had a near collision with one of the objects, and an official mishap report was filed. Some of the incidents were recorded on video, including one taken by a plane’s camera in early 2015 that shows an object zooming over the ocean waves as pilots question what they are watching.

The Defense Department has been collecting such reports for more than 13 years as part of a shadowy, little-known Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program within the Pentagon. The program analyzed radar data, video footage and accounts provided by the Navy pilots and senior officers.

The program began in 2007 and was largely funded at the request of Harry Reid, the Nevada Democrat who was the Senate majority leader at the time. It was officially shut down in 2012, when the money dried up, according to the Pentagon. But after the publication of a New York Times article in 2017 about the program and criticism from program officials that the government was not forthcoming about reports on aerial phenomena, the Pentagon restarted the program last summer as the Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force.

The task force’s mission was to “detect, analyze and catalog” sightings of strange objects in the sky that could pose a threat to national security. But government officials said they also wanted to remove the stigma for service members who report U.F.O. sightings in the hope that more would be encouraged to speak up if they saw something. The goal, officials said, was to give authorities a better idea of what might be out there.

Last year, lawmakers inserted a provision in the Intelligence Authorization Act that said the government must submit an unclassified report on what it knows about U.F.O.s. That report is the one to be released this month.

Officials briefed on the report said it also examined video that shows a whitish oval object described as a giant Tic Tac, about the size of a commercial plane, encountered by two Navy fighter jets off the coast of San Diego in 2004.

In that incident, the pilots reported an interaction with the craft, which lasted for several minutes. At one point, the object peeled away, one of the pilots, Cmdr. David Fravor, later said in an interview with The Times. “It accelerated like nothing I’ve ever seen,” he said.

The report studies that incident, including the video that accompanied the interaction. The provenance of the object, the officials said, is still unknown.

14 minutes ago, bolverk said:

U.S. Finds No Evidence of Alien Technology in Flying Objects, but Can’t Rule It Out, Either
A new report concedes that much about the observed phenomena remains difficult to explain, including their acceleration, as well as ability to change direction and submerge.

WASHINGTON — American intelligence officials have found no evidence that aerial phenomena witnessed by Navy pilots in recent years are alien spacecraft, but they still cannot explain the unusual movements that have mystified scientists and the military, according to senior administration officials briefed on the findings of a highly anticipated government report.

The report determines that a vast majority of more than 120 incidents over the past two decades did not originate from any American military or other advanced U.S. government technology, the officials said. That determination would appear to eliminate the possibility that Navy pilots who reported seeing unexplained aircraft might have encountered programs the government meant to keep secret.

But that is about the only conclusive finding in the classified intelligence report, the officials said. And while a forthcoming unclassified version, expected to be released to Congress by June 25, will present few other firm conclusions, senior officials briefed on the intelligence conceded that the very ambiguity of the findings meant the government could not definitively rule out theories that the phenomena observed by military pilots might be alien spacecraft.

Hide contents

Americans’ long-running fascination with U.F.O.s has intensified in recent weeks in anticipation of the release of the government report. Former President Barack Obama further stoked the interest when he was asked last month about the incidents on “The Late Late Show with James Corden” on CBS.

“What is true, and I’m actually being serious here,” Mr. Obama said, “is that there is footage and records of objects in the skies that we don’t know exactly what they are.’’

The report concedes that much about the observed phenomena remains difficult to explain, including their acceleration, as well as ability to change direction and submerge. One possible explanation — that the phenomena could be weather balloons or other research balloons — does not hold up in all cases, the officials said, because of changes in wind speed at the times of some of the interactions.

The final report will also include a classified annex, the officials said. While the annex will not contain any evidence concluding that the phenomena are alien spacecraft, the officials acknowledged that the fact that it would remain off limits to the public was likely to continue to fuel speculation that the government had secret data about alien visitations to Earth.

Many of the more than 120 incidents examined in the report are from Navy personnel, officials said. The report also examined incidents involving foreign militaries over the last two decades. Intelligence officials believe at least some of the aerial phenomena could have been experimental technology from a rival power, most likely Russia or China.

One senior official briefed on the intelligence said without hesitation that U.S. officials knew it was not American technology. He said there was worry among intelligence and military officials that China or Russia could be experimenting with hypersonic technology.

He and other officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the classified findings in the report.

Russia has been investing heavily in hypersonics, believing the technology offers it the ability to evade American missile-defense technology. China has also developed hypersonic weaponry, and included it in military parades. If the phenomena were Chinese or Russian aircraft, officials said, that would suggest the two powers’ hypersonic research had far outpaced American military development.

Navy pilots were often unsettled by the sightings. In one encounter, strange objects — one of them like a spinning top moving against the wind — appeared almost daily from the summer of 2014 to March 2015, high in the skies over the East Coast. Navy pilots reported to their superiors that the objects had no visible engine or infrared exhaust plumes, but that they could reach 30,000 feet and hypersonic speeds.

Lt. Ryan Graves, an F/A-18 Super Hornet pilot who was with the Navy for 10 years, told The New York Times in an interview, “These things would be out there all day.” With the speeds he and other pilots observed, he said, “12 hours in the air is 11 hours longer than we’d expect.”

In late 2014, a Super Hornet pilot had a near collision with one of the objects, and an official mishap report was filed. Some of the incidents were recorded on video, including one taken by a plane’s camera in early 2015 that shows an object zooming over the ocean waves as pilots question what they are watching.

The Defense Department has been collecting such reports for more than 13 years as part of a shadowy, little-known Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program within the Pentagon. The program analyzed radar data, video footage and accounts provided by the Navy pilots and senior officers.

The program began in 2007 and was largely funded at the request of Harry Reid, the Nevada Democrat who was the Senate majority leader at the time. It was officially shut down in 2012, when the money dried up, according to the Pentagon. But after the publication of a New York Times article in 2017 about the program and criticism from program officials that the government was not forthcoming about reports on aerial phenomena, the Pentagon restarted the program last summer as the Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force.

The task force’s mission was to “detect, analyze and catalog” sightings of strange objects in the sky that could pose a threat to national security. But government officials said they also wanted to remove the stigma for service members who report U.F.O. sightings in the hope that more would be encouraged to speak up if they saw something. The goal, officials said, was to give authorities a better idea of what might be out there.

Last year, lawmakers inserted a provision in the Intelligence Authorization Act that said the government must submit an unclassified report on what it knows about U.F.O.s. That report is the one to be released this month.

Officials briefed on the report said it also examined video that shows a whitish oval object described as a giant Tic Tac, about the size of a commercial plane, encountered by two Navy fighter jets off the coast of San Diego in 2004.

In that incident, the pilots reported an interaction with the craft, which lasted for several minutes. At one point, the object peeled away, one of the pilots, Cmdr. David Fravor, later said in an interview with The Times. “It accelerated like nothing I’ve ever seen,” he said.

The report studies that incident, including the video that accompanied the interaction. The provenance of the object, the officials said, is still unknown.

Yea, pretty much what I expected........... NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They might as well have said PSYCH!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1