UAP Pentagon Report (UFOs, Foo Fighters, Commie Drones)

Doc Reeves

4 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Maybe aliens were so common that nobody bothered to comment on the presence of UFO's in the artwork of the day.  There were pretty good writers then too, somebody should have said something. 

Well, it’s pretty clear from the art they thought they were Devine. I’m sure if they did exist at that time, they would probably be seen as such at least until the 19th century in Europe.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/washington-post-live/wplive/uaps-have-taken-us-nuclear-capabilities-offline-says-former-aatip-director/2021/06/08/26d751bb-4116-4e48-93e7-6c89568ff30a_video.html

From Luis Elizondo

Now in this country we’ve had incidents where these UAPs have interfered and actually brought offline our nuclear capabilities

On 6/7/2021 at 8:46 PM, El Diablo said:

Maybe aliens were so common that nobody bothered to comment on the presence of UFO's in the artwork of the day.  There were pretty good writers then too, somebody should have said something. 

In Europe they weren't allowed to do anything that would go against the church.  Any art, stories, books, etc. expressing belief in anything other than the bible would be met with violence and probably death for the sinner. 

17 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

In Europe they weren't allowed to do anything that would go against the church.  Any art, stories, books, etc. expressing belief in anything other than the bible would be met with violence and probably death for the sinner. 

So they just slipped images of UFO's into their artwork and that was crafty enough to keep 'em from being stoned to death? Sly artist bastards. I have to wonder, did UFO's only appear to artists? 

2 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

So they just slipped images of UFO's into their artwork and that was crafty enough to keep 'em from being stoned to death? Sly artist bastards. I have to wonder, did UFO's only appear to artists? 

Artists were also the storytellers of the time.  To go against the church was a crime wasn't it?  idk but I do know that Europe was not a safe place for people who made light of anything that didn't align with Christian "fact".  It's why so many things have to fit into the bible timeline.  Like the age of the pyramids etc.  The church owned, and in lots of ways still owns archaeology.  The study of "us" is the most corrupt science.  Modern archaeology started in Europe where you weren't allowed to go against the church.  It meant being cast from society or worse. 

So naturally, according to science, the very foundation of what we know of as being our earliest history is tainted with Christian/Jew/Abrahamic influence.  

What do you think happened the first time some conquistadors said something about the stonemason work in Peru?  When they went back to Spain and said that there was construction there that was more advanced than what was in Europe at the time, and that the locals had oral tradition that stated the work "came from people before us", it probably didn't go well for them.  If they stuck to their story about what they saw, and didn't concede to threats, they were dealt with.   So naturally things flying in the air, and the people who talked about it, were probably not very accepted.  

• Haha 1

Utsuro-bune or tale of the hollow boat.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utsuro-bune

In or around 1803 when Japan was still completely closed, a strange object washed ashore in Hitachi province, East of today’s Tokyo. 

A strange looking woman was inside with pale pink skin, strange clothes of unknown material and red hair with false extensions of either white hair or fur. She could not communicate in Japanese and was holding a golden rectangular box that she would not allow anyone to touch. After some time they put her back in her strange boat and set her back out to sea. some people think it’s an encounter with a crashed alien since shipwrecked foreigners were not uncommon and usually crucified on the beach where they landed. 

EE802DD8-9F97-4CAE-86C5-0BE279D80088.jpeg

3F565387-A2DD-4685-8F9B-AB6589B11EA9.jpeg

A3B22B7C-92A5-4521-A412-9D0B80A188ED.jpeg

BD657C6B-45D4-4386-919F-1F040BCA9A7A.jpeg

EA591457-AE01-474C-A6A8-6FBB5326BDBF.jpeg

Edited by Doc Reeves

I'm curious about the dates of those images. The first one could be due to a matter of perspective, that is it is a view of a life boat/dinghy viewed from the stern. If the rest are literal interpretations of the first picture I could see how the later drawings became distorted. No way to know without knowing the dates though. 

There’s a comment in there about the belief the US government has some unknown alloys in their possession among other artifacts.

My grandmother’s brother in law was a NASA engineer. He had told my grandparents that some engineers were brought into a room to identify a piece of debris. It was just a piece of flat metal. They spent about 5 minutes in a room with it and handled it. They were just asked what they thought it was composed of. It felt like plastic but was shiny like stainless steel and virtually weightless. His answer was whatever he said would be wrong. This would’ve been in the 70s IIRC.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, El Diablo said:

I'm curious about the dates of those images. The first one could be due to a matter of perspective, that is it is a view of a life boat/dinghy viewed from the stern. If the rest are literal interpretations of the first picture I could see how the later drawings became distorted. No way to know without knowing the dates though. 

first pic was the first record in 1825

second pic 1830’s

third a re-copy of the first

fourth 1835

fifth 1844

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

There’s a comment in there about the belief the US government has some unknown alloys in their possession among other artifacts.

My grandmother’s brother in law was a NASA engineer. He had told my grandparents that some engineers were brought into a room to identify a piece of debris. It was just a piece of flat metal. They spent about 5 minutes in a room with it and handled it. They were just asked what they thought it was composed of. It felt like plastic but was shiny like stainless steel and virtually weightless. His answer was whatever he said would be wrong. This would’ve been in the 70s IIRC.

Transparent Aluminum - Imgflip

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Yeah about that… why did it have to be transparent again? I thought Spock was telepathically communicating with them anyway.

I don't think it had to be, that's just what it was. It already existed in the future and they needed it because it was light weight, and would hold X amount of water and two whales.

But it's been awhile since I've seen that particular documentary. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I don't think it had to be, that's just what it was. It already existed in the future and they needed it because it was light weight, and would hold X amount of water and two whales.

But it's been awhile since I've seen that particular documentary. 

That was their selling point to get it built, since they had no 20th century earth $.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

first pic was the first record in 1825

second pic 1830’s

third a re-copy of the first

fourth 1835

fifth 1844

Interesting. So the first pic might very well have been a first person rendition and the rest 2nd hand revisions. 

3 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Interesting. So the first pic might very well have been a first person rendition and the rest 2nd hand revisions. 

I’m pretty sure the first one was second hand info compiled from the area and eye-witnesses. I don’t now if the actual fisherman recorded the story but it evidently was big news that turned into local legend as residents associated what happened with different religious or superstitious beliefs. There seems to have been different versions rising as time passed which was the motivation of the formal recording. 

America’s first UFO sighting was in 1639 by the Governor of Massachusetts Bay colony and San Francisco had a UFO problem in the 1870s

While we’re all anxiously anticipating the Pentagon’s UFO report, it’s worth reminding everyone that this country’s been plagued by weird lights in the sky for, well, damn near forever. Way back in 1639, in fact, John Winthrop, lawyer, Puritan, and Governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, jotted down in his diary a report of the first UFO sighting by a European settler in what would soon be known as the United States of America. 

According to Winthrop – a severe man who, it should be noted, left England because he didn’t feel like the 16-century Church of England was strict enough about Christianity – three equally severe and totally sober dudes were out in a boat on the Muddy River when they saw some funky lights in the sky. The lights changed shape repeatedly, even once contracting “into the figure of a swine,” and darted across the sky. By the time the boaters finished gawking, they had discovered that they’d magically been transported a mile downstream, back to where they started, without rowing and against the current. 

Five years later, Winthrop reported another UFO sighting, about three more guys in a boat seeing more mysterious lights, this time in the vague shape of a person who vanished into thin air. And then, a week later, he wrote down a third sighting – although he excused that one as probably just the ghost of a demon-possessed man who had exploded a boat a few months earlier. Naturally.

Anyway, another instance of unidentified lights in the sky was reported by a Massachusetts schoolteacher in 1808. Mysterious airships plagued San Francisco in the 1870s, Wild West cowboys in the 1880s, and then returned to San Fran in 1896. 

In 1897, a flying saucer was said to have crashed into a windmill in Aurora, Texas, with insinuations that the spaceship had been making rounds across the Midwest that year, too. And, of course, there are myriad pre-Columbian sightings by the indigenous peoples of the North American continent, going back for millennia and recorded in petroglyphs and tribal myths. 

This isn’t to suggest any kind of Ancient Aliens-style, history-erasing racism, by the way, just to point out that we’ve all been seeing weird stuff in the sky and then telling others about it for literally all of recorded history. Conventional wisdom (and skepticism) might finger the 1940s as the start of America’s alien obsession, but the truth has been out there (or not) for much, much longer.

Eirik Gumeny is the author of the Exponential Apocalypse series, a five-book saga of slacker superheroes, fart jokes, and assorted B-movie monsters, and he recently added werewolves and assassins to The Great Gatsby. He’s also on Twitter a bunch.

https://www.cracked.com/article_30527_americas-first-ufo-sighting-was-way-earlier-than-you-think.html

pic from San Francisco paper about the happenings in 1896

638F1F0E-1328-449E-8978-121ABE46EF0C.jpeg

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

In 1897, a flying saucer was said to have crashed into a windmill in Aurora, Texas, with insinuations that the spaceship had been making rounds across the Midwest that year, too.

I would like to think that if there really is other intelligent life out there capable of visiting us, they'd be intelligent enough to stay away from Wise County. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Yeah, but didn’t he set them loose again in the 50’s?

i mostly suppressed that sh*tty franchise killer too. 

CSB 
You know, Harrison Ford’s son married a girl from a family we know here in SA 

another CSB, Harrison Ford is a huge fucking dick. 

On 6/19/2021 at 12:09 AM, Doc Reeves said:

Utsuro-bune or tale of the hollow boat.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utsuro-bune

In or around 1803 when Japan was still completely closed, a strange object washed ashore in Hitachi province, East of today’s Tokyo. 

A strange looking woman was inside with pale pink skin, strange clothes of unknown material and red hair with false extensions of either white hair or fur. She could not communicate in Japanese and was holding a golden rectangular box that she would not allow anyone to touch. After some time they put her back in her strange boat and set her back out to sea. some people think it’s an encounter with a crashed alien since shipwrecked foreigners were not uncommon and usually crucified on the beach where they landed. 

EE802DD8-9F97-4CAE-86C5-0BE279D80088.jpeg

3F565387-A2DD-4685-8F9B-AB6589B11EA9.jpeg

A3B22B7C-92A5-4521-A412-9D0B80A188ED.jpeg

BD657C6B-45D4-4386-919F-1F040BCA9A7A.jpeg

EA591457-AE01-474C-A6A8-6FBB5326BDBF.jpeg

I’m going to need it explained to me why provincial imperial Japanese would be crucifying people. 

59 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m going to need it explained to me why provincial imperial Japanese would be crucifying people. 

It’s a good story

Everyone who wasn’t Japanese was considered a barbarian. The Portuguese were the first to make contact in the mid 1500s and since Japan was in the middle of a civil war they engaged in trade buying guns and lots of Chinese goods. The Portuguese sent missionaries to convert the Japanese to Catholicism which wasn’t necessarily a big deal to the shogun at first. After the civil war ended the shogun tolerated the missionaries because of his dependence on the Portuguese for trade even though their teachings were contrary to Japans strict society. Momentum to expel the outsiders started to grow as their influence was seen as a threat to the shoguns hard fought peace. 
Then in 1600, Englishman and sailor William Adams washed up on shore after a shipwreck. Surprisingly, the shogun asked to meet with him. After a discussion about many things, the sho-gun asked if his country was like the Portuguese. He replied   They were a different religion and were at war with the Portuguese. The shogun then asked if people from his country would try and convert his citizens. Adam’s replied they had no interest in converting the Japanese. With that the shogun shut off trade with the Portuguese and put in motion the expelling of all foreigners kicking out the missionaries and burning the converted Japanese Christians alive. Adams (who was a lowly sailor) negotiated incredibly favorable trade agreements for his company, far better than anything that was offered to the Portuguese. 

When the Portuguese King learned what happened he was pissed. Japan was an exotic jewel that only he had the rights to. So, he sent an envoy of around 150 men with gifts and concession/apology proclamations. When the envoy arrived the shogun had all but one crucified on the beach where they landed. The surviving envoy was given a message to take back to the king that ‘the same fate would happen to anyone who attempted to land in Japan, including the King himself’. 

Adams went on to live in Japan as the only foreigner introducing western shipping designs, becoming the shoguns most trusted advisor and eventually becoming the only foreign samurai. He did pretty well having an estate with 80 servants.

Other foreigners who worked for Adam’s company were only permitted to live on an island in Osaka bay, 5 at a time. Later, once a year the shogun would summon them to an audience in Edo where he would sit behind a screen since he could not be dirtied by their gaze and ask them a variety of questions about the outside world and their culture. A German Dr. who was stationed on the island wrote a book about his experiences and what he saw on his yearly trips from Osaka to Edo. For 200 years his book was all anyone from the West knew about Japan.

Japan remained closed until 1853 when the US steamed into Tokyo harbor and demanded an audience or they would come ashore by force when they returned in one year. The Americans came back one year later and were received, opening Japan.

• Like 1

An unnamed nursing student reported seeing a UFO Friday above CASE Western Reserve University's School of Medicine at around 9:45, according to the YouTube Channel Secureteam 10.

Though absent from Secureteam's report, witnesses also told of an object that was seen flying over Cleveland two days earlier on Wednesday bearing a spherical shape that they swear it shot down from the sky.

For the people who say they have seen shit, they don’t care what the report says they know what they saw and have become embolden to speak out against people who know nothing of their experience saying what they think it’s not rather than saying what it was.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/06/if-were-right-it-is-the-biggest-secret-in-history-chicago-ufo-buffs-await-release-of-pentagon-report-into-unexplained-sightings

Chicago-area UFO aficionados are buzzing in anticipation of a Pentagon report into strange aerial phenomena, but not T.J. Japcon. He doesn’t need the government to validate what he recorded hovering above Tinley Park almost 17 years ago.

“I don’t think it makes a difference,” he said. “I know what I saw.”

Japcon, who still lives in the southwest suburb, is the foremost chronicler of what has come to be known as the Tinley Park Lights — a trio of color-shifting orbs, seemingly connected, that slid across the horizon before a crowd of witnesses.

Some experts have dismissed the images he captured on videocassette as a prank, but such skepticism is facing new pushback. The military has released videos of flying objects it can’t explain, and the upcoming report, according to journalists who’ve been briefed on its contents, doesn’t rule out extraterrestrial technology.

That makes for heady days for locals who for years have compiled and analyzed UFO sightings, or who have seen odd things themselves.

“A lot of people understand now that we are not alone in this universe,” said Carlos Dominguez, a restaurant manager who runs the UFO Chicago Facebook group and says he has witnessed numerous curious sights, including a strangely bright and fast-traveling light near Midway Airport earlier this month.

“They’re not afraid to say there are UFOs, or even that aliens are living among us. They’re not scared of that subject anymore. (The Pentagon report is) just going to confirm what we already know.”

Famous sightings

The National UFO Reporting Center lists 2,758 alleged sightings in Illinois since 1947, but director Peter Davenport says that’s likely a tiny fraction of the true number.

“My opinion is that out of 10,000 or 20,000 people who see an object they sincerely believe was or may have been a UFO, (researchers) capture only one of those sightings,” he said. “If you want to test my theory, go to a big party sometime and ask everyone who saw a UFO to raise their hands. Then ask how many have reported them. Virtually all of the hands go down.”

There are exceptions, of course. In 2006, a dozen United Airlines workers at O’Hare International Airport reported seeing a large, disc-like object floating over the airport. According to their accounts, it rose after several minutes and punched a perfect circle into the clouds.

“I tend to be scientific by nature, and I don’t understand why aliens would hover over a busy airport,” a United mechanic told the Chicago Tribune. “But I know that what I saw and what a lot of other people saw stood out very clearly, and it definitely was not (a human-built) aircraft.”

The Federal Aviation Administration said at the time it was a weather-related phenomenon, and that the agency would not investigate further.

Mark Rodeghier, scientific director of the J. Allen Hynek Center for UFO Studies in Chicago, said that was typical of the official incuriosity long expressed by government agencies.

But that started to change in 2017, he said, when The New York Times revealed the existence of an obscure Pentagon program dedicated to studying reports of UFOs. The story came with a video showing an unknown object, captured by the camera of a Navy jet, soaring above the clouds.

“That’s what broke everything open,” Rodeghier said. “That story made it more acceptable for people to talk about it — politicians, scientists and so forth. We’ve seen an uptick in interest since then.”

He added, though, that the vast majority of sightings have non-extraterrestrial explanations, a conclusion echoed by other researchers. The National UFO Reporting Center offers numerous disclaimers among its listings, ranging from stars, planets and satellites to outright hoaxes.

Dave Marler, a researcher and UFO historian who used to head the Illinois chapter of the Mutual UFO Network, said sightings are even harder to substantiate now as digital technology has made deception easy to pull off.

“People take pride in posting fake things,” he said. “All it really does it pollute the field.”

Support and skepticism

The Tinley Park Lights have so far escaped debunking among ufologists. The phenomenon was the subject of an episode of the History Channel show “UFO Hunters,” which subjected witness footage to video analysis and concluded one popular theory — that the lights came from flares carried by weather balloons — was incorrect.

“Without saying it’s an alien spacecraft, I can definitively say by the strictest definition that it is an unidentified flying object,” said an image processing expert who appeared on the show.

Sam Maranto, who took over from Marler as president of Illinois’ Mutual UFO Network, said evidence of the sighting was bolstered by a cross-section of observers that included police, members of the military and people who worked in aviation.

“It’s about time to realize the phenomenon does exist,” he said.

But Mark Hammergren is far from convinced. The Evanston astronomer and planetary scientist says he, too, looked at the Tinley Park footage, but came away believing the orbs were indeed flares dangling from balloons — the likely work of a prankster.

He is equally unimpressed by the O’Hare sighting, saying the accounts bring to mind a “hole punch cloud,” in which supercooled water suddenly forms ice crystals that fall to earth, leaving behind a disc-shaped empty space in the sky.

Other ballyhooed sightings have similar common sense explanations, he said. The Navy video highlighted by The New York Times, he said, appears to be the infrared glare of a jet’s heat signature.

“My ultimate position is where’s the hard evidence?” he said. “Unfortunately, we live in a day where video evidence usually doesn’t cut it. And even when we have an unimpeachable source like the U.S. Navy, we still have to ask what else could explain those videos.”

Inconclusive report?

The Pentagon report, which is due before Congress by June 25, could clarify matters, but advance accounts say it doesn’t reach definitive conclusions other than the objects were not U.S. technology. There’s no evidence they were extraterrestrial, the report supposedly says, but neither is there evidence they were not.

Rodeghier said given the tight deadline and scant funding the report’s authors were allowed, such ambiguity is to be expected. But he is hopeful it will lead to further government investigation.

“The report absolutely will be another step in the evolution of UFOs becoming a topic that can’t be laughed off,” he said. “That doesn’t mean they’re aliens. It just means we need to study the UFO problem.”

But some longtime buffs are dubious. Carl Jones, who co-administers the Central Illinois UFO Group on Facebook, said people who believe they’ve encountered alien objects are suspicious of the military’s apparent openness.

“In the back of my mind I’m going, ‘Yeah, it’s about damn time,’ ” he said. “But the thing is, UFOs have been seen and reported for a long time. A lot of people don’t really care if the government admits (the possibility of their existence) because they’ve lost credibility.”

Jack O’Hara, the leader of a Chicago-based Meetup group dedicated to UFOs, goes even further, saying many expect the report to be disinformation. After all, a CIA-formed group known as the Robertson Panel famously suggested in the 1950s that officials should discourage public interest in the subject lest it threaten “the orderly functioning” of the government.

But the interest has remained, and O’Hara said no matter what the report contains, he hopes “both academic and personal journeys of discovery” will ensue.

“If we’re right, it is the biggest secret in history,” he said.

The report has been released:

U.S. Has No Explanation for Unidentified Objects and Stops Short of Ruling Out Aliens
A new government report is likely to fuel theories about unexplained aerial phenomena.

WASHINGTON — The government still has no explanation for nearly all of the scores of unidentified aerial phenomena reported over almost two decades and investigated by a Pentagon task force, according to a report released on Friday, a result that is likely to fuel theories of otherworldly visitations.

A total of 143 reports gathered since 2004 remain unexplained, the document released by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence said. Of those, 21 reports of unknown phenomena, involving 18 episodes, possibly demonstrate technological capabilities that are unknown to the United States: objects moving without observable propulsion or with rapid acceleration that is believed to be beyond the capabilities of Russia, China or other terrestrial nations. But, the report said, more rigorous analysis of those episodes is needed.

There is no evidence that any of the episodes involve secret American weapons programs, unknown technology from Russia or China or extraterrestrial visitations. But the government report did not rule out those explanations.

Spoiler

The nine-page document essentially declines to draw conclusions, announcing that the available reporting is “largely inconclusive” and noting that limited and inconsistent data created a challenge in evaluating the phenomena.

The report said the number of sightings was too limited for a detailed pattern analysis. While they clustered around military training or testing grounds, the report found that that could be the result of collection bias or the presence of cutting-edge sensors in those areas.

Government officials outlined a plan to develop, if additional funding is available, a better program to observe and collect data on future unexplained phenomena.

The failure to reach a conclusion on the unexplained episodes raised questions about how seriously the government has taken them until now and whether it had assembled adequate scientific expertise to examine them.

Too little data exists to draw a conclusion about many of the episodes, officials said. But both scientific experts and enthusiastic amateurs have advanced explanations ranging from the mundane to the otherworldly and the report did little to substantiate or dismiss their theories.

Government officials on Friday were reluctant to acknowledge the potential that the phenomena could be extraterrestrial craft, a signal of how unlikely they view that explanation.

There was no affirmative evidence that the unexplained phenomena are alien spacecraft in the report. But because the government has offered no explanation for so many of the episodes, the new report is sure to fuel the enthusiasm of those who believe they could be.

Among the unexplained incidents are three high-profile videos of aerial phenomena taken by the U.S. Navy and witnessed by pilots in recent years.

The report released on Friday is an interim report, which is how former officials involved in the Pentagon examination had predicted the government would initially handle the requirement by Congress to submit an unclassified report on what it knows about U.F.O.s.

The government intends to update Congress within 90 days on efforts to develop an improved collection strategy and what officials are calling a technical road map to develop technology to better observe the phenomena, senior government officials told reporters on Friday. Officials said they would provide lawmakers with periodical updates beyond that.

The Pentagon and intelligence agencies have eschewed the term U.F.O. and refer instead to U.A.P., or unidentified aerial phenomena. It has been a bit of rebranding, both to cut down on public enthusiasm and remove the stigma that U.F.O. can carry, in order to encourage pilots to report their observations and scientists to study them.

The new report laid out five categories of possible explanation for the phenomena: a secret technology developed by an adversarial power like Russia and China, classified cutting-edge American technology, a naturally occurring phenomenon, airborne clutter such as errant weather balloons and a catchall “other” category. That final group could include extraterrestrial technology.

But of the episodes examined by the task force, only one could be identified and categorized: “a large, deflating balloon” that was classified as airborne clutter.

Officials do not have any indications that the unexplained incidents show objects that are part of a foreign intelligence collection program or a major technological advancement by a potential adversary, a senior government official said. They are also unable to confirm that any of those incidents are part of a U.S. government or defense industry program, a senior official said.

Nevertheless, the report does not completely rule out a Russian or Chinese aircraft or an American classified program.

The report was made public because of a provision inserted by Senator Marco Rubio of Florida, the top Republican on the Senate Intelligence Committee, into a huge spending bill passed by Congress.

“The Defense Department and intelligence community have a lot of work to do before we can actually understand whether these aerial threats present a serious national security concern,” Mr. Rubio said.

Of the incidents examined by the task force, there are “no clear indications that there is any nonterrestrial explanation” for them, said a senior official, adding that the government would “go wherever the data takes us” as the inquiry continued.

The report avoids any real discussion of the possibility that the unexplained phenomena are extraterrestrial in nature. It was not the purpose of the government’s task force to search for extraterrestrial life, a responsibility that falls to NASA, said a senior governmental official.

Perhaps as a result, government officials said that going forward they would only focus on making observations of the phenomena and had no plans to try to communicate with the objects.

Most of the episodes investigated by the government were reported by the Navy. While the Air Force has in recent decades tried to distance itself from the collection of U.F.O. reports, uncomfortable with its own history, it began a renewed data collection program in 2020.

Government officials said that on further examination, the 21 reports that show unusual acceleration or movement could prove to have normal explanations. Government analysts have scrutinized the cameras and sensors that recorded the phenomena for potential flaws, a senior government official said.

The cameras sensors that recorded some of the episodes were not “generally suited for identifying” unknown phenomena, the report said.

There are plausible, but dry, explanations for each of the Navy recordings that are more likely than some sort of extraordinary technology, said Mick West, a science writer who focuses on debunking conspiracy theories.

In one video, a sharp movement of the object could be attributable to a shift in the camera’s movement. In another, an object that appears to be moving fast is shown to be actually moving much more slowly when a relevant trigonometric calculation is applied. An image of a rapidly spinning object skimming over the clouds is caused by infrared glare, Mr. West said.

The report appeared to give Mr. West’s explanations at least a partial vote of confidence by noting that the vantage point of the sensors capturing images or other data are important in determining whether an object “demonstrates breakthrough aerospace capabilities.”

“They’re not making any big claims; they’re saying some of the things they see seem to show unusual behavior and more study is needed,” Mr. West said. “Obviously, they’re not saying it’s aliens — they’re not going anywhere near that.”

Later on Friday, the Pentagon announced it would develop procedures to collect data and analyze reports of unidentified phenomena, adding staffing and other resources to examine the episodes.

The effort may require some outside expertise, but scientists, who have long avoided studying U.F.O.s, are likely going to need cajoling.

“Nobody wants to risk being flamed by the true believers or ostracized by their peers,” said Chris Impey, an astronomy professor at the University of Arizona. “If the Pentagon or the government asks for scientific input and gives them some data and a little resources, people would participate.”

On 6/20/2021 at 1:45 PM, Bobby_Batronic said:

Yeah, but didn’t he set them loose again in the 50’s?

i mostly suppressed that sh*tty franchise killer too. 

Was that the one where Indiana Jones learned to speak Quechua while riding with Pancho Villa in Mexico? Kinda like learning Arabic while he was hanging out in Scotland, which would be more likely.

I don't even think those skulls were real.