The Suicide Squad

BigDHornfan

Harley Quinn is the crossover character DC desperately needs and it looks like they finally realized that. They have the dark and heavy side of the DCU covered with TJL. But the not so serious portion that has so much to offer is clearly Ms Quinn's to rule.

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The tweet you quoted, unless I'm wrong as usual. 

Didn't even notice it was a Marco tweet. Just saw the tweet/pic combo. That will be fixed. Appears to be a broken clock is right situation.

Edited by RPM

21 minutes ago, RPM said:

Didn't even notice it was a Marco tweet. Just saw the tweet/pic combo. That will be fixed. Appears to be a broken clock is right situation.

Much like the Chinese with John Cena, I accept your apology. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, C-Man said:

It’s strange. I was asking my 13-year-old son the same question. He didn’t have a good answer.

4 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

I thought it was more of a redo than a sequel

i think that it is a complete redo, based on the success of the harley quinn one off birds of prey which was fucking amazing.

• Hook 'Em 1

Harley Quinn is one of the best subcharacters in the DC universe. Margot Robbie is the perfect actress for that role. She could do a stand alone spinoff series (kinda is already). They need to roll her into the next Batfilm.

• Hook 'Em 1

So the sequel to Suicide Squad is called The Suicide Squad? Is that weird to anyone but me?
& Exactly HOW many Spider Man remakes have we had with how many different Peter Parkers (not including the cartoon multiverse one)?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Come on. The Chinese market is critical to big budget movie success. If you were risking millions of Chinese dollars by offending them, you can be guaranteed, at your studio’s request, you’d be cupping the balls while apologizing profusely.

I'm well aware of why and its fucking embarrassing but eventually you need to draw a line and decide do you as a person value morals and life or are you going to tuck your dick in your ass and bow down to evil.

end of CR rant

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

i think that it is a complete redo, based on the success of the harley quinn one off birds of prey which was fucking amazing.

I tried watching birds of prey last night and couldn’t get beyond the point where restaurant owner turned gave up her location. Just wasn’t entertained. And i actually very much enjoyed suicide squad 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/1/2021 at 7:58 PM, mr. sunshine said:

Well first you had Predator and then way later there was The Predator. Don’t know if it’s a sequel though. Never bothered to watch it 

Good script, poor casting. Change the lead, give Idris whatever he asks for to be the antagonist, and the movie would have been pretty damn good.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

This is not good. More slow mo than a Zach Snyder wet dream.

I think they wrote the script in a hour. There’s nothing here other than some pretty lackluster action scenes.

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah it was average. Glad I watched it on HBO max instead of going to the movies 

I really don't get it.  The ingredients were mostly there - director, cast.

Felt like Gunn was just letting off some steam and doing stuff he couldn't do in Guardians.

Just don't get it.

Spoilers for future SS stuff.

Spoiler

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peacemaker_(TV_series)

Peacemaker is an upcoming American television series created by James Gunn for the streaming service HBO Max, based on the DC Comicscharacter Peacemaker. It is a spin-off from the film The Suicide Squad (2021) and is set in the DC Extended Universe (DCEU), the first series to do so. The series is produced by DC Films, The Safran Company, Troll Court Entertainment, and Warner Bros. Television, with Gunn serving as showrunner.

John Cena stars as the title character, reprising his role from The Suicide Squad. Steve Agee, Danielle Brooks, Robert Patrick, Jennifer Holland, Freddie Stroma, and Chukwudi Iwuji also star. Gunn wrote all eight episodes of the series while he was completing work on The Suicide Squad during the COVID-19 pandemic. HBO Max ordered Peacemaker straight-to-series in September 2020. Filming took place in Vancouver, Canada from January to July 2021, with Gunn directing five of the episodes.

Peacemaker is scheduled to premiere in January 2022, and will consist of eight episodes.