MST3K and Rifftrax

BrickHorn

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2020 at 7:31 AM, SimonBolivar said:

Master Pancake is probably my favorite thing to do in Austin. I try to watch and donate as much as possible until the live shows return.

Same here. 

I wonder how they're able to stream their riffs over movies on Twitch. Usually stuff like that gets pulled due to copyright claim.

• 3 months later...
On 5/1/2018 at 6:45 PM, Mileslong said:

"3. Agent for H.A.R.M.  Meet me at the judo range."

HARM stands for "Hot and Ready, Man"...

i always liked the old 50's school films like "Keeping it Clean and Neat"  and "Why Study Industrial Arts?", "What to do on a date?"

Oh God... I got sucked into that first video. Pretty damn funny.

"And remember - if you're pretty, people will like you better!"

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

5 years after the first reboot Kickstarter we have another one. The whole cast of the reboot is back and looking to make somewhere between 3 and 12 episodes. I wasn't a huge fan of the reboot, but I'm in for sure.

https://mst3k.com/

Looks like it's close to 6 episodes being funded, but it sure would be nice to reach at least 9.

Edited by SimonBolivar

I’m sure there are reasons for it being done the way it is but I’d love to see Mike, Kevin, Bill, Joel and other original cast members be the focus of the reboot.  Back story doesn’t have to make sense. The mad scientist captured Mike again and shot him into space. Whatever.  Watched all of the new seasons a couple of times. Not quite the same but still pretty good. I’ll be in for sure. 

11 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

I’m sure there are reasons for it being done the way it is but I’d love to see Mike, Kevin, Bill, Joel and other original cast members be the focus of the reboot.  Back story doesn’t have to make sense. The mad scientist captured Mike again and shot him into space. Whatever.  Watched all of the new seasons a couple of times. Not quite the same but still pretty good. I’ll be in for sure. 

Yeah they could probably double their goals it if those guys came back. There must be some bitterness there.

She does appear on Master Pancake’s Twitch mocks from time to time (in fact, she was just on last night as they mocked the old Mortal Kombat) and she’s great on those. She was also on their mock of Halloween (one of my all time faves of theirs).

Finally someone put Final Sacrifice up on YouTube.  Only other one I’ve been dying to catch has been Time Chasers, but it seems copyright gets squirrelly with newer movies...or just outright embarrassment. 

And per the Anti-Pearl sentiment above, I begrudgingly agree...once Trace and Frank left, the overall characters (but def not the writing) for the host segments took a dive.  Mary Jo was an outstanding contributor to the riffs, just not as likable as the foil to the bots...and BG/Bobo even worse, for the most part, despite being outstanding as Tom and Crow.  Then again I found Invention Exchange kinda pointless back with the Mads too.  

But what could they do...low budget production with a fringe audience, everyone’s gotta contribute.  Wormhole/Chicken Puppet from Prince of Space, alternate reality Mike in Time Chasers, Andy Rooney-off, Tom getting beat up in a rough part of Nanite town, etc were all smart and sharp...

The only one with Pearl/et al that I really liked was the kids during Parts The Clonus Horror...

• 5 months later...
On 5/4/2021 at 8:11 PM, BrickHorn said:

If any of y’all have Pluto TV, the MST3K channel is showing The Starfighters tonight at 8:45 Central. 

Having grown up a usaf brat I adore starfighters.  My retired O6 father and I watched it once, he lost his shit on ‘is your face odd and misshaped?  Join the Air Force!’

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
33 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I torture my wife with the two Pluto channels.  Mitchell is an easy favorite for MST3k.  Future Force for rifftrax, and I think it was called fun with grass for a short (strong honorable mention for Hired!)

My son and I caught part of the Rifftrax 2019 SF Sketch Fest episode the other night on Pluto. The animated PSA from the LA Sheriff’s department is one of the funniest things I’ve seen in a while, and the British PSA about power line safety was almost as good. 

Lately, The Starfighters, Danger, Death Ray!, The Legend Of Boggy Creek 2, and Cave Dwellers have all been in heavy rotation. 

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

I got the perfect grade D film for Rifftrax. Filmed in rural Eutaw, Alabama and directed by Michael Douglas’s brother, it’s Jaws of Satan!  Fritz Weaver starred as a priest. You can hesr the pitch- This is Jaws meets The Exorcist meets Deliverance.

“This is where the shark lives.”

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

My son and I caught part of the Rifftrax 2019 SF Sketch Fest episode the other night on Pluto. The animated PSA from the LA Sheriff’s department is one of the funniest things I’ve seen in a while, and the British PSA about power line safety was almost as good. 

Lately, The Starfighters, Danger, Death Ray!, The Legend Of Boggy Creek 2, and Cave Dwellers have all been in heavy rotation. 

We watched Mutant, a Wings Hauser spectacular a few nights ago.  Tourist trap is another that I watched recently.  I saw setting up the room recently, and for Halloween tonight on Rifftrax is City of the Dead (never seen it).  

• Hook 'Em 2

• 3 weeks later...