A thread for basketball X's and O's, strategy, theory, etc.

shadow_operative

whether you want to discuss these things, or just learn more (which is my main thing), this will be a place for sharing thoughts, observations, videos, etc on basketball strategy. i'll start by sharing a couple of videos from a youtube channel that i think puts out some good stuff:

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Like 3

• shadow_operative changed the title to A thread for basketball X's and O's, strategy, theory, etc.

Derka, will you please talk about Paul Westhead and his philosophy? I think he called it the system.  He worked his plan so well, he took some recruits that were mostly underachieving or underrated and took them to an incredibly high level.  Then he duplicated the system in the WNBA, winning a title.  To me, the strange part is that nobody copied his plan. Why?

How well would the system work in today’s college game? 3 pointers? All u can eat.  Get in shape for the next leve? Check.  Work on your rebounding and outlet passing game? Plenty to go around.

thanks man. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Good content, but why the fuck put that on instagram and require multiple clicks. Just upload it as a single take to youtube. I presume the answer comes to money, but that shit annoys me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/6/2021 at 5:26 PM, shadow_operative said:

On 8/9/2021 at 1:52 PM, shadow_operative said:

Bellarmine getting boned by the NCAA. first year as a D-1 program, they go 11-5 and finish 2nd in their conference, then win the conference tourney, but aren't allowed in the Dance because of an ncaa rule that says they have to wait four years before being eligible.

Edited by shadow_operative

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...

very very condensed version of that last video: euro teams and clubs are more efficient offensively despite facing tougher defense because they actually let their coaches coach and because the players respect the coach. the only three organizations in the nba that fit the european model are GS, miami, and SA. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...