America is in a sex recession

Apep

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Shit, my sex life has never been better. Seriously, we’re one of those lucky couples for whole the pandemic and being at home has worked out very well. And intertwined with that is how our overall relationship has fared: very well.

But I see a shitload of people for whom the opposite is the case. And I’d actually seen it happening well before Covid.

When you see a collapse of the institutions and activities that used to function to connect people, create overlap in social/friend groups, etc, you end up with loneliness. See plummeting church attendance, dropping CFB attendance, that sort of thing. How many of y’all made friends/got laid through connections at church or among tailgating groups? Take those away, and your odds go down.

I’ve written a lot on this board about how our culture has become one that values individualism, at the expense of community. Much of what I’ve said has been in the political context, but it’s of course much bigger than that. Hell, I think like the sex recession, our politics may be a trailing indicator of a greater and unhealthy social trend.

We’re all better off if we spend more time together, see each other at church picnics and tailgates and social clubs, and get to meet that cute friend of a friend, and end up clicking and having some great monkey sex and maybe even an emotionally fulfilling relationship. We should do more of that.

Will be hitting the church picnic scene real soon. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Young folks are just too damn picky nowadays. We have an absolute smoking hot bartender/waitress down at the 19th Hole that hits on CHIEF Jr. all the time. I always ask him why he doesn't just paint the walls with her. I would have at his age. He thinks she is dumb and immature, which is a no go for him. I encouraged him to just fuck her but not marry her. Same thing with one of our cart girls, her old man is loaded, has a big charter boat on the coast, bad ass house. CHIEF Jr. talked to her about 20 minutes one night. Said she was dumb as a sack of hammers. He was dating this hot 24 year old when he was 20, she would drive over 2 hours to come to our house on the weekends. One weekend she just stopped coming. I asked him what the deal was. He said her parents are weird, and won't let her have company over, so he dropped her.

Kids now days, I don't get it. No "one night Stands", no "two ships passing in the night". Its like they won't get intimate with anyone that they wouldn't consider marrying. I guess that's good, but you sure are missing out on a lot of snatch.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Shit, my sex life has never been better. Seriously, we’re one of those lucky couples for whole the pandemic and being at home has worked out very well. And intertwined with that is how our overall relationship has fared: very well.

But I see a shitload of people for whom the opposite is the case. And I’d actually seen it happening well before Covid.

When you see a collapse of the institutions and activities that used to function to connect people, create overlap in social/friend groups, etc, you end up with loneliness. See plummeting church attendance, dropping CFB attendance, that sort of thing. How many of y’all made friends/got laid through connections at church or among tailgating groups? Take those away, and your odds go down.

I’ve written a lot on this board about how our culture has become one that values individualism, at the expense of community. Much of what I’ve said has been in the political context, but it’s of course much bigger than that. Hell, I think like the sex recession, our politics may be a trailing indicator of a greater and unhealthy social trend.

We’re all better off if we spend more time together, see each other at church picnics and tailgates and social clubs, and get to meet that cute friend of a friend, and end up clicking and having some great monkey sex and maybe even an emotionally fulfilling relationship. We should do more of that.

nathan fillion castle GIF

• Like 1

Young folks are just too damn picky nowadays. We have an absolute smoking hot bartender/waitress down at the 19th Hole that hits on CHIEF Jr. all the time. I always ask him why he doesn't just paint the walls with her. I would have at his age. He thinks she is dumb and immature, which is a no go for him. I encouraged him to just fuck her but not marry her. Same thing with one of our cart girls, her old man is loaded, has a big charter boat on the coast, bad ass house. CHIEF Jr. talked to her about 20 minutes one night. Said she was dumb as a sack of hammers. He was dating this hot 24 year old when he was 20, she would drive over 2 hours to come to our house on the weekends. One weekend she just stopped coming. I asked him what the deal was. He said her parents are weird, and won't let her have company over, so he dropped her.
Kids now days, I don't get it. No "one night Stands", no "two ships passing in the night". Its like they won't get intimate with anyone that they wouldn't consider marrying. I guess that's good, but you sure are missing out on a lot of snatch.
CHIEF

As someone who smashed a lot of dumb chicks, I understand your perspective. But I also appreciate and respect your son's outlook. Nothing wrong with it at all and he's going to avoid a lot of unnecessary dumb ass drama situations too. Good for him.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

CHIEF

You know chief JR is gay, right?  Tell him you love him and will support his journey out of the closet. Bet there for him. Strength and nurture. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

CHIEF

1.) If these stories are true and your son knew these women were attracted to him and passed, he’s an outlier. Most probably wouldn’t. Not a kids these days thing. Maybe more accurate that kids these days are worse at making advances or picking up on things because of the digital element.

2.) You’d rather be a little gun-shy on getting involved with crazy or dumb than the other way around. The 80/20 thing posted up thread is some dumb broscience. If you’re young, not a leper, and have some social skills, getting laid is easy enough. May not be banging surly approved 10s but most of surly doesn’t either. Having some level of standards is good. Tend to agree with brisket that the changing nature of social interaction is probably at the root. Way easier and more common to have a very small circle with lines contract beyond that than it used to be.
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, CHIEF said:

I have two sons in college and one in high school and none of them think or act like this at all nor do their friends. I don't think anything has really changed in this regard, young males this age still act like the horny teenagers from Porky's, American Pie, etc...

Sex is a biological imperative programmed into us over millions of years of evolution, young people are not suddenly giving up on the desire to have sex for the sake of sex.

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

3) He's fucking them on the down low because he doesn't want to have cringey discussions with his father about "painting the walls" with them.

He got caught twice by his momma bangin' Chicks in the house. Mrs. CHIEF was very displeased. I've promised not to rat him out. Told Mrs. CHIEF he is a man, and if he wants to he can bang a gal in his room anytime he wants. I had to remind her that the first time she took me to her parent's house, she jumped me in her bedroom with her parents sitting in the living room. I thought that was going to end poorly for me. But you are right, he is pretty discrete.

CHIEF

• Like 1

He got caught twice by his momma bangin' Chicks in the house. Mrs. CHIEF was very displeased. I've promised not to rat him out. Told Mrs. CHIEF he is a man, and if he wants to he can bang a gal in his room anytime he wants. I had to remind her that the first time she took me to her parent's house, she jumped me in her bedroom with her parents sitting in the living room. I thought that was going to end poorly for me. But you are right, he is pretty discrete.
CHIEF

Then she made me a sandwich
CHIEF
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, BradInATX said:

As someone who smashed a lot of dumb chicks, I understand your perspective. But I also appreciate and respect your son's outlook. Nothing wrong with it at all and he's going to avoid a lot of unnecessary dumb ass drama situations too. Good for him.

Man, I banged a really stupid, smoking hot chick once and only once, way back when I was 19. Well, multiple times, all over Texas, in many positions, but this was the only one I ever got involved with. When we were not in the physical act of fucking, it was torture. Just "kill me now, God" agony, watching the ceiling fan spin, and  listening to her prattle on about the stupidest nonsense ever. She wasn't even crazy -- just dumb. If she had been crazy, that at least would have introduced some adrenaline to the proceedings. 

CHIEF

CHIEF AND LITTLE CHIEF
870120c2bebb84b13b4691103f189b2e.gif
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Man, I banged a really stupid, smoking hot chick once and only once, way back when I was 19. Well, multiple times, all over Texas, in many positions, but this was the only one I ever got involved with. When we were not in the physical act of fucking, it was torture. Just "kill me now, God" agony, watching the ceiling fan spin, and  listening to her prattle on about the stupidest nonsense ever. She wasn't even crazy -- just dumb. If she had been crazy, that at least would have introduced some adrenaline to the proceedings. 

This.  Arguably the hottest woman I ever had sex with was absolutely dumb as hell.  She came down from DFW and we spent the weekend banging, eating shrooms, banging, getting high, and banging some more.  I’d always had the hots for her back in high school but she was a dead starfish in the sack.

In between, the conversation was absolutely ‘stupid nonsense’ with all kinds of issues...and then she started talking about her boyfriend that I didn’t know about.  

At the end of the weekend she made it about 15 miles away before her car battery gave her issues at a gas station, it was pouring and I was so done with it I told her to call roadside assistance before hanging up on her.  

When she called a few months later, having broken up with her boyfriend and wanting to visit again...I noped out of that.  She later married a guy 20 years older with kids, divorced a few years later, and is married again apparently expecting...I tried watching her little announcement video but just the sound of her voice was so grating I closed the window.  

Not that this story had anything to do with the subject at hand, but the attractiveness ran literally skin deep with her and even the most routine ‘keeping the lights on’ maintenance sex with my wife is light years ahead of what that weekend 12 years ago was like...good luck to that chick’s husband, maybe she’s changed, but sometimes the person is so banal that even their looks can’t save them  

Edited by Homercles
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I agree with a lot of what you say here. But I've also read for awhile now you bemoaning and demeaning people who wanted to get back to life as usual. And definitely seen you railing against people who don't agree with the arbitrary, reactional, short-sighted response of our government. 

The right thing to do is often not easy, that's not news. Some of the  fallout of this pandemic is obvious. But the "unintended" consequences of our government's response to it will have to be measured for years. We have no idea yet the damage it has done to kids by closing schools. We know its done irreparable harm to small business. It has accelerated our national debt. It has had a horrible effect on mental health that we might not know for years.

Maybe more importantly its been yet another way to divide us as a country. And its made us more reliant on our government. There is a ton of blame to lay on both political parties, but nothing either side was advocating was going to lessen the severity of this in any meaningful way. It was a shit sandwich given to us, and we handled it terribly. Probably a sobering reflection of where we're at. I'm sure you mean well, but I think your views, at least on here, are pretty toxic. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

I agree with a lot of what you say here. But I've also read for awhile now you bemoaning and demeaning people who wanted to get back to life as usual. And definitely seen you railing against people who don't agree with the arbitrary, reactional, short-sighted response of our government. 
The right thing to do is often not easy, that's not news. Some of the  fallout of this pandemic is obvious. But the "unintended" consequences of our government's response to it will have to be measured for years. We have no idea yet the damage it has done to kids by closing schools. We know its done irreparable harm to small business. It has accelerated our national debt. It has had a horrible effect on mental health that we might not know for years.
Maybe more importantly its been yet another way to divide us as a country. And its made us more reliant on our government. There is a ton of blame to lay on both political parties, but nothing either side was advocating was going to lessen the severity of this in any meaningful way. It was a shit sandwich given to us, and we handled it terribly. Probably a sobering reflection of where we're at. I'm sure you mean well, but I think your views, at least on here, are pretty toxic. 

Mother fucker we actually had a nice run of apolitical conversation about banging dumb hot women and the fallout thereof going, you interrupted it and made it political, and you're calling brisket toxic?

Go fuck yourself.

RIP an actual fun conversation

Born CHIEF's post
Died this fuckhead's post

I decline to fuck myself. I still get laid pretty frequently. Apologize for the derail. 
And I didn't think that was a very political statement unless you're looking for it. 
It was political. Not overly partisan but political nonetheless while we were just talking about chief's kid banging, or not banging, dumb girls. Stay on point.
108f84835350ddfd2a3026f936ab5c5a.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1

You know, we can learn a lot from this generation. I had CHIEF Jr. read the article and watch a video that WorkswithSeed sent me. Here is his summation of what a 20something's world is today:

When you banged a chick, and dropped her, maybe 50-100 people knew. Most knew them personally and didn't blame you. City Limits (his bar) is closed. Now, everyone in town knows, and it eliminates your dating pool. Even the smart, good-looking ones avoid you until you can get in front of them. There are two ways to overcome the negative, explain the situation (usually doesn't go the way you want), or have enough money that they don't care. The kid makes bank, but we aren't "high rollers" by any means. We provide him room and board, but he takes care of the rest. You only have a vested interest in "out kicking your coverage". So, you are basically looking for a Unicorn. You are the catch that refuses to be caught. It is a perfect time for girls to be marrying up, because her social media pressure hamstrings you. The best thing to do, is keep mining, be extremely picky, or sit on the sidelines. He has taken the middle road. His Mom and I have been married for 27 years, and are as strong as ever. I can't blame him for looking for the same thing. Granted, he is small town, and looking for a single with no kids. But improper grammar, spelling, and doctored photos are a deal killer. Puppy Dog ears, and duck lips will get a "WTF". It's why we keep hearing the stupid and unmotivated are outbreeding the intellectuals of our society. We are racing to the lowest common denominator.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

You know, we can learn a lot from this generation. I had CHIEF Jr. read the article and watch a video that WorkswithSeed sent me. Here is his summation of what a 20something's world is today:

When you banged a chick, and dropped her, maybe 50-100 people knew. Most knew them personally and didn't blame you. City Limits (his bar) is closed. Now, everyone in town knows, and it eliminates your dating pool. Even the smart, good-looking ones avoid you until you can get in front of them. There are two ways to overcome the negative, explain the situation (usually doesn't go the way you want), or have enough money that they don't care. The kid makes bank, but we aren't "high rollers" by any means. We provide him room and board, but he takes care of the rest. You only have a vested interest in "out kicking your coverage". So, you are basically looking for a Unicorn. You are the catch that refuses to be caught. It is a perfect time for girls to be marrying up, because her social media pressure hamstrings you. The best thing to do, is keep mining, be extremely picky, or sit on the sidelines. He has taken the middle road. His Mom and I have been married for 27 years, and are as strong as ever. I can't blame him for looking for the same thing. Granted, he is small town, and looking for a single with no kids. But improper grammar, spelling, and doctored photos are a deal killer. Puppy Dog ears, and duck lips will get a "WTF". It's why we keep hearing the stupid and unmotivated are outbreeding the intellectuals of our society. We are racing to the lowest common denominator.

CHIEF

For all the benefits of social media, I think it's killing us. Not healthy. We don't all need to be in each other's business. 

• Hook 'Em 1

In all seriousness, I think this probably is one of the myriad aspects of life that social media has completely disrupted. Having one's self-image and social value derived from the number of likes and followers one has does not catalyst real human connection either health or unhealthy. Add that to the obvious impossible standards created by the filtered "influencers." Sure Gen X looked at porn and had supermodels, but subconsciously most of us realized they were the airbrushed exception. When you see thousands of physically perfect girls next door online all day, hard to find satisfaction in a non-airbrushed, normal hottie at the local dive bar. Social media has promulgated FOMO an dissatisfaction in all aspects of life, so of course sex would be part of it.

• Like 1

Just now, Ridingtosunset said:

For all the benefits of social media, I think it's killing us. Not healthy. We don't all need to be in each other's business. 

Exactly. It can cause you to fuck 10,000 bitches, or be rejected by 10,000 bitches. 

CHIEF

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

In all seriousness, I think this probably is one of the myriad aspects of life that social media has completely disrupted. Having one's self-image and social value derived from the number of likes and followers one has does not catalyst real human connection either health or unhealthy. Add that to the obvious impossible standards created by the filtered "influencers." Sure Gen X looked at porn and had supermodels, but subconsciously most of us realized they were the airbrushed exception. When you see thousands of physically perfect girls next door online all day, hard to find satisfaction in a non-airbrushed, normal hottie at the local dive bar. Social media has promulgated FOMO an dissatisfaction in all aspects of life, so of course sex would be part of it.

Influencers are a problem. But then again, that's capitalism. We have a generation of kids that think they'll make their living online, and there's only so much room for that. Not to mention how unhealthy it is. 

8 minutes ago, Ridingtosunset said:

Influencers are a problem. But then again, that's capitalism. We have a generation of kids that think they'll make their living online, and there's only so much room for that. Not to mention how unhealthy it is. 

I know this will be unpopular, but pornography is a very real issue. I do think there is a psychological distinction between watching an actual "porno," which by definition implies a very real level of fantasy. But watching a "girl next door" on PornHub sharing a double-dildo with her roommate while blowing her boyfriend makes it hard to get up for missionary with a solid 7. The democratization and proliferation of porn is not without consequences.

Edited by Kyle
  • Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Kyle said:

I know this will be unpopular, but pornography is a very real problem. I do think there is a psychological distinction between watching an actual "porno," which by definition implies a very real level of fantasy. But watching a "girl next door" on PornHub sharing a double-dildo with her roommate while blowing her boyfriend makes it hard to get up for missionary with a solid 7. The democratization and proliferation of porn is not without consequences.

Well, we will have to agree to disagree there. That's my bag, baby. 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, F250 said:

Went 7 months without sex during my divorce that coincided with the pandemic, that was not fun.

Imagine your first few months as a free man and the world is on lockdown because of a global pandemic.

wtf GIF

Fleshlights aren't all that expensive.

Or so I've heard...

56 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I know this will be unpopular, but pornography is a very real issue. I do think there is a psychological distinction between watching an actual "porno," which by definition implies a very real level of fantasy. But watching a "girl next door" on PornHub sharing a double-dildo with her roommate while blowing her boyfriend makes it hard to get up for missionary with a solid 7. The democratization and proliferation of porn is not without consequences.

This is not unpopular in the sense that there is a lot of scholarship and science confirming that the overload in volume and frequency of watching modern porn and all the variants absolutely rewires and warps the synapses and the brain. It's bad news and as much as funny to joke about it, it's why there are incels and neckbeards and a bunch of other loser types who can't or won't get out of first gear in life. Porn addiction and abuse isn't their only problem, of course, but it's serious. If you have kids, it's absolutely something to consider and try to get a tourniquet on.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, CHIEF said:

CHIEF

Ha, did he watch the whole thing? If he can, he should try going to a different city if he's able to.

13 hours ago, F250 said:

I have two sons in college and one in high school and none of them think or act like this at all nor do their friends. I don't think anything has really changed in this regard, young males this age still act like the horny teenagers from Porky's, American Pie, etc...

Sex is a biological imperative programmed into us over millions of years of evolution, young people are not suddenly giving up on the desire to have sex for the sake of sex.

I would tease their mom all the time when our boys were dating chicks in high school.  "You know they're fucking, right?"

She would roll her eyes and try to convince herself they were innocent little boys still.  I would just remind her, "You know how persuasive I was..."

Then it gets quiet.  "But I never fucked your mom like they are probably doing their girlfriends'..."

Speaking as a single female who has zero aspirations for marriage or children, I can tell you if I wanted to have sex, it would be easy to do so if I so choose.  However, I have found that I am just not that into casual anymore for a number of reasons, but the main one is that casual generally (and there are exceptions, but it is like the odds of the lottery) isn't worth the time or effort because his performance or equipment is just fucking lacking.

Also, just to be clear, casual = one-night stand.  A Friends with Benefits situation is more like a relationship without all the icky emotional attachment.

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Ha, did he watch the whole thing? If he can, he should try going to a different city if he's able to.

I'm sure he didn't watch it all, but I skimmed it and he watched the important parts. The pandemic with bars closed, and no summer on the lake, is the biggest factor in my mind. He is a senior at Tarleton, and they have had in class teaching this whole academic year. But probably over half take their classes online. Unfortunately ME classes at his level just cannot be taken online. The campus is small enough that you can't really ghost a girl you hooked up with. Not that he would do that anyway. Ft. Worth is where the young adults from around here go bar hopping, but it's been shut down for a year. For a year, his social circle has been a bunch of retirees in a country club bar with only two hot as fuck but dumb chicks his age. I'm about to build a small apartment at my shop, he may move over there. 

CHIEF

11 hours ago, Ridingtosunset said:

First, nice thread derail.

Second, you must not have read much of what I've posted on our approach to COVID.  I have consistently suggested a measured and balanced approach.  I think that the politicization of the issue has been asinine and counterproductive.  I also think that it's sound public health policy to consider measures that protect not just the person at issue, but others (e.g., wearing masks).  And yeah...."public health" is one of the core things we should have a government for, because 335 million people pursuing their own separate paths of what they think oughta happen is a terrible plan.  I've also said that we need clearly-defined goals (like using vaccines to turn COVID into something that doesn't have an overall effect much different than the flu), we should figure out ways to get kids back in the classroom, etc.

You're raging against something that's not there.  So...well done.

As for Chief JR., he's a good and smart kid, and he's got some game.  Maybe I wonder what happened to the in-between approach?  Something between being Yarock the Pussy Slayer, nailer of 4 women a weekend, and being Iggy Incel, holding out for the fairy princess of his dreams until he dies a virgin?  You know....dating?  I mean, back in my day, I fell in that in-between space.  I had some periods where I was closer to Yarock (interestingly, I didn't particularly enjoy that phase, for some of the reasons some other folks put here - if you want quantity, you're going to have to deal with some DUMB women, and I realized...dumb women are a turnoff), and then I had some dry spells as well (which I also didn't enjoy).  But otherwise, I dated girls.  Some long term, others, just a couple of weeks.  With all of them, had plenty of extracurricular fun.  And in some way, the possibility of "maybe she's something really special" was there, and possible.  Didn't mean I fell in love with every girl I dated.  But the relationship, and the sex, were usually better when there was something there other than "we're attracted to each other, we're both drunk, so let's have fun."  And that required time together, some connection, etc.

Which gets me back to what we're missing.  And some posts above on how toxic social media has become are on-point.  Not all young folks are like that.  My kids and their peers are on Instagram, but it's mostly to keep in touch.  They do a lot of group chats on text.  And COVID has made more of their interaction electronic, which they really don't like.  They prefer in-person dynamics.  So, who knows, maybe we'll see a pendulum swing back.