Texas basketball '21-'22: Welcome Chris Beard

shadow_operative

Askew is at least another year away from being a capable starter. It's imperative to land Carr seeing as how Andrew Jones isn't an ideal ball handler and Ramey wouldn't be the most appealing option at PG. There isn't a better available short term solution out there than Marcus Carr who would instantly elevate Texas to the top dog in the Big 12 and a national contender.

28 minutes ago, Chad said:

Askew is at least another year away from being a capable starter. 

probably. but Johnny Juzang was terrible as a freshman at UK, and we see what kind of player he became in a different situation. i'm not banking on Askew to be anything other than a reserve guard, but you never know what a change of scenery can do for someone. 

17 hours ago, Pancho said:

If I’m reading these sites and tweets correctly, Tech fans thought they caught Beard cheating by having Carr on campus and started tweeting at and bombarding the NCAA and other college basketball writers when in reality Tech fans were 100% incorrect and made a fool of themselves (again).

Am i reading that right?

There is zero chance Beard makes an idiotic mistake like that.  I hate the petty accusations and shit, as they detract from true hate and proper rivalry.

Just play it out on the court. Can't wait.

4 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

thank you ACU. thank you so much. we love you forever and ever.

just so my tone and cadence is clear:

this is from when Mexico lost to Costa Rica, but a late USA goal against Panama meant that Mexico would advance to the world cup despite the loss.

Edited by shadow_operative

Apparently Stanford offered to play us for a bit more of the gate split in Houston or Dallas on the weekend before Christmas.  But neither city's arenas were available which is fucking weird because the 2021 NBA nor 2021 NHL schedule is out yet.  So now it's in Las Vegas.  Which some of you surly youngins will enjoy, but us old folk.  

So regardless of draft entry, Carr only has one more year of eligibility left, which should be at Texas for 2021-2022?  I'm guessing Morris thinks he's the point future at Texas, not Askew?  Because Askew would still have three more years here?  I'm cautiously optimistic about this Morris announcement.  I'm just still foggy after all this talk about how eligibility will work for our five transfers.  

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So regardless of draft entry, Carr only has one more year of eligibility left, which should be at Texas for 2021-2022?  I'm guessing Morris thinks he's the point future at Texas, not Askew?  Because Askew would still have three more years here?  I'm cautiously optimistic about this Morris announcement.  I'm just still foggy after all this talk about how eligibility will work for our five transfers.  

Ramey, Jones, and Carr gone after next year. I’m sure Beard thinks Morris and Askew could both play at the same time 

23 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

we are going to open the week one polls with some #1 overall votes. this is beyond all of our collective wildest dreams. thank you ACU. thank you so much. we love you forever and ever.

Quoting just to repeat and emphasize