Texas basketball '21-'22: Welcome Chris Beard

shadow_operative

56 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

My original comment was fairly tongue-in-cheek.  I think all of it looks pretty stupid, but if you think I am actually offended (not to mention a "fuddy-duddy") you really might just be a bit too on edge.  Have a drink and lighten up, Francis.

And as far a Kriss Kross being Gen-X, they were the absolute ass-end of Gen-X.  Hardly representative.  Much more appeal to the Millennials.

You haven't seen me a bit too on edge. Mr. G, please don't make me a bit too on edge. You wouldn't like me when I'm a bit too on edge.

I don't think you're offended. Now whether you're a fuddy-duddy remains to be seen. 

And Jump was released in February, 1992. You claiming that was a millennial market?

8 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

You haven't seen me a bit too on edge. Mr. G, please don't make me a bit too on edge. You wouldn't like me when I'm a bit too on edge.

I don't think you're offended. Now whether you're a fuddy-duddy remains to be seen. 

And Jump was released in February, 1992. You claiming that was a millennial market?

Yes.  Millennials started coming into the world in 1980.  11-12 years old - that was absolutely the core of the Kriss Kross fanbase.  Some older, sure.  Those ass-end Gen Xers are far from mainstream Xers.  But the majority of KK's fanbase was solidly Gen Y.

50 minutes ago, Viper said:

I'm an old millennial and I certainly remember who kriss kross is.

i'm 37 years old, born in 1984, and myself and my friend group decidedly do not fit the description of what defines a millennial. i know that there are multiple interpretations of when the cutoff is, some going back as far as saying that folks born in 1980 are millennials, but we aren't. i barely used the internet when i was in HS. text messaging came out my senior year. when i was 15 i spent damn near every waking moment outside. we had a rotary phone and an atari growing up. my first truck came with a tape deck; not even a cd player- a tape deck. this is not the life experience of a millennial. i remember kriss kross, but like i said, i'm  not a millennial by any definition, other than a largely debated birth year cutoff.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i'm 37 years old, born in 1984, and myself and my friend group decidedly do not fit the description of what defines a millennial. i know that there are multiple interpretations of when the cutoff is, some going back as far as saying that folks born in 1980 are millennials, but we aren't. i barely used the internet when i was in HS. text messaging came out my senior year. when i was 15 i spent damn near every waking moment outside. we had a rotary phone and an atari growing up. my first truck came with a tape deck; not even a cd player- a tape deck. this is not the life experience of a millennial. i remember kriss kross, but like i said, i'm  not a millennial by any definition, other than a largely debated birth year cutoff.

Denying you’re a millennial is so millennial.

I was born the same year. Have the same experiences. We’re millennials. Just accept it.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Denying you’re a millennial is so millennial.

I was born the same year. Have the same experiences. We’re millennials. Just accept it.

to me, the hallmark of being a millennial is growing up with the internet/smartphones/technology that kids whose childhood was in the 90's did not grow up with. it's the biggest difference in life experience/personality between millennials and those who came before them.

Just now, shadow_operative said:

to me, the hallmark of being a millennial is growing up with the internet/smartphones/technology that kids whose childhood was in the 90's did not grow up with. it's the biggest difference in life experience/personality between millennials and those who came before them.

That’s more Gen Z you’re describing.

• Hook 'Em 2

I identify as greatest generation.
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

same same, but the cut off is what is it.

41 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Beard already made one adjustment that tells me he knows what he's doing. 

Tre Mitchell should be starting at the 5. Bishop is an energy guy off the bench but he has nowhere near the offensive game as Mitchell. 

I expect him to do a lot of tinkering as the season progresses.  As others have noted, his goal is for the team to be playing their best ball in March.  

23 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

19 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

I'm a year older than you and had internet from the time I was in 7th grade.  I didn't have my own cell phone until college, but many my age had them in high school.  I also had an Atari, and every system after that growing up.  I'm a millenial.

Not a single millenial grew up with a smartphone, which only started becoming ubiquitous in society in the last 15 years.  A few of my millenial friends did briefly have pagers, though.  Millenials are defined as people who would be graduating high school on or after the turn of the millenium or the year 2000 -- hence where the term "millenial" came from.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/17/2021 at 6:27 PM, shadow_operative said:

Millennials have no idea who kriss kross is. kriss kross decidedly predates the consciousness and awareness of millennials.

What? No way. Millennials are up to 40/41 and were prime for Kriss Kross’ popularity. Im 40 and our middle school dances allllllwayyys had them played. 

Edited by The Ace of Aces

12 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It’s Oregon Trail Generation for the older millennials. We’ve had this discussion before. 

He doesn't remember because he has the Dysentery.  

And we're good at tennis.  And diving.  And track.  Also, rowing.  And golf.  Pretty good at softball.  should be great at soccer next season.  

The one thing we're not good at is the thing that fans most closely associate with the State of Texas, football.  That's not an unfortunate coincidence.  It's because we think football in this state is so great...that's what makes us so strikingly mediocre.  

It's what pays the bills, I suppose.  

We're all just battered wives in an abusive relationship.  We want to break away from Texas Football but it brings home the grocery money.  So we're stuck with it.  Even though we love basketball, baseball, and the other olympic children.....we have to deal with his bullshit.  

5 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Why aren’t they available online or advertised?   Our head coach has to spread the word himself at a press conference and give you the phone number?

This fucking athletic department.

Watch beginning of video above your post -- Coach Beard making fun of it for 3 or 4 minutes.

$10 tickets in lower level while students are out for Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays is awesome.

Wed Nov 24th opponent "California Baptist" is undefeated

Are these $10 tickets like the old Barnes ones where you sit upstairs for the first half and then they call you down for the second half?  I mean, I hear what he's saying but the online seat search tool shows those all filled up until the last few rows in the bowl for $35.  I'll call in tomorrow and ask. 

I like how he keeps saying "Christmas Break" but he stops himself and says "Semester Break" like somebody said there's a War on Christmas.  I fucking love this guy.   We have 6 home games during our Thanksgiving and Holiday Breaks.  About a third of our schedule, so really cool of him to do this.  To keep it packed.  We spend a lot of time and effort trying to figure out how to get students close to the court for home games to make it rowdy without stopping to realize a significant portion of our schedule is played when students are gone from campus.  There was never much of an effort to get regular Austinites to the Drum during those breaks, but this is a big step in that direction.  Hook 'Em Coach! 

Edited by Lobo