Ski Season 18/19

texasdago

Will post pics later but...

Friday, A-Basin was probably some of the best conditions I've ever skied there (not a ton of times but still...)  Amazing weather and The Beavers is fantastic, of course, as is Montezuma Bowl.  Bet they keep it open through June.

Today was Mary Jane - also fantastic.  Only got a bit mashed potatey at the bottom, coming off of runs like Sleeper but even that was fun.  Bowls up top were great.  Trestle was a surprise I didn't anticipate.  Closing day is tomorrow.

Wait... here's Montezuma Bowl

34orjup.jpg 

Edited by texasdago
  • Like 1

Friday, A-Basin was probably some of the best conditions I've ever skied there (not a ton of times but still...)  Amazing weather and The Beavers is fantastic, of course, as is Montezuma Bowl.  Bet they keep it open through June.
Today was Mary Jane - also fantastic.  Only got a bit mashed potatey at the bottom, coming off of runs like Sleeper but even that was fun.  Bowls up top were great.  Trestle was a surprise I didn't anticipate.  Closing day is tomorrow.

34orjup.jpg 
How do you not anticipate Trestle? Probably my favorite run.

23 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
On 5/11/2019 at 7:24 PM, texasdago said:

34orjup.jpg 

Read more  

How do you not anticipate Trestle? Probably my favorite run.

I hadn't skied WP in a good 15 years and even then it was probably only the second time there so Trestle was basically "a run on a map" to me.  So, I thought... eh, I think its a steep groomer or something.  Bumps were fine but that ledge with the jacked up bumps was something else.  Took the line to the skiers right and all was good.  Going straight through the middle of that ledge takes cajones I haven't had since my 20s.  

• 2 months later...