Washington DC Carjacking Teenage Girls

cabowabo

Just commited a carjacking & the body of the person she killed was a few feet from her and the only thing she was worried about was her phone. That was so fucking dark. I have no words. RIP to that man.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Nobody else finds it sad that our society has degenerated to point where trying to capture a video to post on social media is more important that trying to help your fellow human

Didn't seem like anyone tried to help that guy including the National Guard.

21 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Nobody else finds it sad that our society has degenerated to point where trying to capture a video to post on social media is more important that trying to help your fellow human

Here's the guy that livestreamed the Boulder shooting soon after it started and the police response.  Doesn't seem to have had a thought to check on the people on the ground he filmed and moved past a couple of times.  "We need people to call 911!" he yells while continuing to livestream with his phone.  At 1:05:00 he's bitching out the cops that try to move him back from just a few parking spaces away from the front doors as they were trying to make sure the entire scene was clear.  "!!!F.U. I'M A JOURNALIST!!!"  At 1:31:00 he really goes on a rant at the police moving him back.  He had no problem live broadcasting the police movements and setup.  If this been a coordinated multi-person terror attack that might have gotten a lot more people killed.  Thought it quite fine to keep moving about the parking lot while police were trying to figure out the scale and type of incident they were dealing with.  

Actual journalists were ripping the hell out of this clown for his unprofessional poor judgment, attitude, refusal to cooperate with reasonable police requests, and potential endangerment.  He plays 'journalist' by running around filming area anti-cop protests.  

(Warning: there are 3 bodies visible in the first few minutes.   So link only.  You have to sign in and then confirm again after a warning message before viewing.  There's really no need to watch, unless you don't believe my characterization of this dbag.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikujTMetrUk

Tangent:  Sad to see the older employee, in shock, milling about the entrance as the event was ongoing in the back of the store, staring at his phone just feet from where a man was shot.  An article implies he was special needs, and states that his girlfriend coworker was killed.

https://www.12news.com/article/news/local/valley/hes-a-survivor-colorado-supermarket-shooting-hits-close-to-home-for-surprise-family/75-56a70a33-6d81-4e23-9f1f-f2984462adc6

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lmao said:

Just commited a carjacking & the body of the person she killed was a few feet from her and the only thing she was worried about was her phone. That was so fucking dark. I have no words. RIP to that man.

A similar story happened in Wisconsin where kids killed this poor woman and a bunch of other watched and filmed it.

"Lewis is also said to have claimed that Lee offered to have sex with him consensually, in front of the other boys, Fox6 reported. He told investigators that he ‘didn’t really care about (Lee) because she’s not someone he knows personally’ after leaving her for dead.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/11/boys-15-and-17-filmed-themselves-raping-killing-woman-36-at-park-14067686/

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

Nightcrawler' Stars Jake Gyllenhaal as an Obsessive - The New York Times

Never heard of the movie till last month. The next best weapon is a phone, after the gun. It's useless though once you call the cops and you've already filmed him action. Your next order of business is to "sucure your own mask before you help others." Unless you're willing to put your life on the line to hopefully help your fellow man.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

It must be exhausting being a nihilist

It was for Kurt Vonnegut.

Spoiler

During my trip to Ilium and to points beyond—a two-week expedition bridging Christmas—I let a poor poet named Sherman Krebbs have my New York City apartment free. My second wife had left me on the grounds that I was too pessimistic for an optimist to live with.

Krebbs was a bearded man, a platinum blond Jesus with spaniel eyes. He was no close friend of mine. I had met him at a cocktail party where he presented himself as National Chairman of Poets and Painters for Immediate Nuclear War. He begged for shelter, not necessarily bomb proof, and it happened that I had some.

When I returned to my apartment, still twanging with the puzzling spiritual implications of the unclaimed stone angel in Ilium, I found my apartment wrecked by a nihilistic debauch. Krebbs was gone; but, before leaving, he had run up three-hundred-dollars’ worth of long-distance calls, set my couch on fire in five places, killed my cat and my avocado tree, and torn the door off my medicine cabinet.

He wrote this poem, in what proved to be excrement, on the yellow linoleum floor of my kitchen:

I have a kitchen.
But it is not a complete kitchen.
I will not be truly gay
Until I have a
Dispose-all.

There was another message, written in lipstick in a feminine hand on the wallpaper over my bed. It said: “No, no, no, said Chicken-licken.”

There was a sign hung around my dead cat’s neck. It said, “Meow.”

I have not seen Krebbs since. Nonetheless, I sense that he was my karass. If he was, he served it as a wrang-wrang. A wrang-wrang, according to Bokonon, is a person who steers people away from a line of speculation by reducing that line, with the example of the wrang-wrang’s own life, to an absurdity.

I might have been vaguely inclined to dismiss the stone angel as meaningless, and to go from there to the meaninglessness of all. But after I saw what Krebbs had done, in particular what he had done to my sweet cat, nihilism was not for me.

Somebody or something did not wish me to be a nihilist. It was Krebbs’s mission, whether he knew it or not, to disenchant me with that philosophy. Well, done, Mr. Krebbs, well done.

17 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

It appears like a set up. Ambushed. Went for a stranded motorist call and the perp immediately started shooting through Trooper Walker’s window when he pulled up. I know Chad Walker and his family. Salt of the earth people. Humble. And it doesn’t fit the media narrative so buried coverage it is. At the surface it appears to be a sick mentally deficient person had a long beef with law enforcement and decided to inact his own justice on a random LEO.

Now we are without a good man who was valuable to his family and to our state.

This sucks.  It really does. 

Which is also why if you talk to LE, they'll tell you traffic stops and domestic disturbances are among the two most dangerous situations to be in.  You have no idea what you are walking in to.  

• Like 1

On 3/28/2021 at 6:41 PM, F250 said:

There is an obvious political undercurrent in this thread and everyone is pretending that there isn't one. It's a little fucking weird because this place is full of grown ass men and the behavior is juvenile. Just say what you think and stand by it. The internet isn't going to break if you are upfront with your opinions.

I'm reminded by someone on TOS that would run to post any terrorist act that was committed by someone with a Muslim name, or the person wasn't white. That person opted to not post crimes by white people. Maybe his posting criteria was only a strange coincidence.

3 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Wasn’t the political undertone of this thread a commentary that an uneducated incel raised in some overbearing religious environment shooting up a couple massage parlors for making him repeatedly sin triggered national media and politicians to claim a white on Asian race war had begun, while multiple incidents of uneducated inner city people carjacking UberEats drivers wasn’t considered a pattern at all or worth sensationalizing? I’m not saying one crime is worse than another, but the commentary is around the national reaction to the crimes. I also haven’t heard much coverage (or posts here) about the cop in Mexia that got blasted in the face on Friday night by a suspect of the stereotypical profiled. It goes against the narrative that most cops are pieces of crap that have it coming and there is no rationale for why cops of all races hold subconscious biases. 

bro, your first sentence is 65 words long, and having read the chicago manual of style one time, im gonna have to ask you to tone it down.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Hate and division = ratings. Victim hood = customer base. 

I think my link got messed up earlier, but this is the results: https://www.skeptic.com/research-center/reports/Research-Report-CUPES-007.pdf

Summary of Findings

1. The available data on police shootings of unarmed Black men is incomplete; however, existing data indicate that somewhere between 13-27 unarmed black men were killed by police in 2019. Adjusted for the number of law enforcement agencies that have yet to provide data, this number may be higher, perhaps between 60-100.

Yet, over half (53.5%) of those reporting “very liberal” political views estimated that 1,000 or more unarmed Black men were killed, a likely error of at least an order of magnitude (see Figure 1).

2. The available data suggest that 24.9% of people killed by police in 2019 were Black. However, across the political spectrum, survey participants overestimated this number.

Those who reported being “liberal” or “very liberal” were particularly inaccurate, estimating the proportion to be 56% and 60%, respectively (see Figure 2).

While I agree with many of you about how we react to stories like this. Whether it's an old man killed by teens or a citizen killed while in custody of the police, our perception will steer our reaction. Got it. I agree.

But, I'd like to know how these teens (& others, of course) got here. I'm a pro-traditional family guy. I believe that many of societies ills are result of a dysfunctional family. I'd like to believe that a traditional family upbringing would produce/develop less negative societal denizens.

Some/most might respond, of course that would be better. So, if so, then why aren't we trying to encourage this as a solution?

Prepared to duck. Just my 2¢

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Newdoc said:

It appears like a set up. Ambushed. Went for a stranded motorist call and the perp immediately started shooting through Trooper Walker’s window when he pulled up. I know Chad Walker and his family. Salt of the earth people. Humble. And it doesn’t fit the media narrative so buried coverage it is. At the surface it appears to be a sick mentally deficient person had a long beef with law enforcement and decided to inact his own justice on a random LEO.

1 -- it's a fucking awful story.  It's also pretty clearly an easy call - innocent trooper answers a call, bad guy murders him.  There's no real controversy to it.  Functionally everyone thinks this is a bad thing that happened (yes, I'm sure there are some assholes who are happy any time a cop dies, but they aren't a legitimate or material percentage of society -- they are a small fringe of outliers).

2 -- it wasn't buried coverage here in Austin.  It was the top story on the local news from the moment it happened until yesterday, when they announced that he was only staying on life support to be an organ donor.  Oh, it's also how I found out that even though I have all alerts turned off on my phone...."blue alerts" (issued when an officer is attacked, etc.) come through no matter what.

It's an awful thing.  Full stop.

It was covered.  In fact, as a society, we've apparently decided that a police officer's life is so important that it's more important than that of a child (Amber alert) or an elderly person (silver alert), because I can turn those off on my phone.....but I can't override a blue alert.  So, it doesn't ring true to me to say that as a society, we don't value Trooper Walker's life.  We clearly do.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

I think my link got messed up earlier, but this is the results: https://www.skeptic.com/research-center/reports/Research-Report-CUPES-007.pdf

Summary of Findings

1. The available data on police shootings of unarmed Black men is incomplete; however, existing data indicate that somewhere between 13-27 unarmed black men were killed by police in 2019. Adjusted for the number of law enforcement agencies that have yet to provide data, this number may be higher, perhaps between 60-100.

Yet, over half (53.5%) of those reporting “very liberal” political views estimated that 1,000 or more unarmed Black men were killed, a likely error of at least an order of magnitude (see Figure 1).

2. The available data suggest that 24.9% of people killed by police in 2019 were Black. However, across the political spectrum, survey participants overestimated this number.

Those who reported being “liberal” or “very liberal” were particularly inaccurate, estimating the proportion to be 56% and 60%, respectively (see Figure 2).

I believe that the total number of people killed by police, of any race, armed or not, is around a thousand per year. Correct me if I'm wrong.

6 hours ago, Newdoc said:

What exactly is the "media narrative" please? Spell it out for me like I'm a liberal five year old.

7 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Wasn’t the political undertone of this thread a commentary that an uneducated incel raised in some overbearing religious environment shooting up a couple massage parlors for making him repeatedly sin triggered national media and politicians to claim a white on Asian race war had begun, while multiple incidents of uneducated inner city people carjacking UberEats drivers wasn’t considered a pattern at all or worth sensationalizing? I’m not saying one crime is worse than another, but the commentary is around the national reaction to the crimes. I also haven’t heard much coverage (or posts here) about the cop in Mexia that got blasted in the face on Friday night by a suspect of the stereotypical profiled. It goes against the narrative that most cops are pieces of crap that have it coming and there is no rationale for why cops of all races hold subconscious biases. 

There may be narrative on this board that "most cops are pieces of crap", but there is not a narrative that he or any other cop "have it coming" if by "have it coming" you mean  getting shot in the face.  GTFO with that bullshit.

And such narratives absolutely doesn't exist in the mainstream media, or in the public at large.

9 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

What exactly is the "media narrative" please? Spell it out for me like I'm a liberal five year old.

media narrative = whatever I don't like but turns out to be true and opposite to my opinions, but my feels matter more than facts.  

• Hook 'Em 3

41 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Cops killed =  “shrug”. Anyone killed by cop = “jump to conclusions” headlines for two to three media cycles. Even more so if riots ensue.

Coverage based on msm slant. Fox for the former although the trooper ambush isn’t as juicy as kids in cages. CNN and MSNBC with over the air majors for the latter. Online hack sites divided up by political persuasion. 

I think either scenario requires scrutiny. It’s just ironic how incredibly polarized media has become, largely driven by catering to a polarized country with no empathy, and no critical observational or thinking skills.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

(yes, I'm sure there are some assholes who are happy any time a cop dies, but they aren't a legitimate or material percentage of society -- they are a small fringe of outliers).

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

There may be narrative on this board that "most cops are pieces of crap",

is it plausible that bad cops are also a small fringe of outliers, or is it that most cops are hellbent on targeting people of xxx color? 

32 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

is it plausible that bad cops are also a small fringe of outliers, or is it that most cops are hellbent on targeting people of xxx color? 

Sigh.  Really?  We have to have this conversation again?

Percentage of cops with open or at the very least internal racial bias: a material percentage.  They won't exactly submit to polling on this.

Percentage of cops who will cover for a bad cop (whether the bad thing be racism, just contempt of and abuse of the public, etc.): very, very high (again, they won't submit to much polling on this point).

It is the second issue that causes a strong contempt for law enforcement around here.  Any pool of people will have bad actors in it -- cops, football players, university students.  What makes the problem much, much bigger is when there is a culture that excuses and protects those bad actors.  That's the issue.  The culture in place makes it very, very hard to stand up to and drum out bad cops.  That's it.  That's the problem.  Eliminate that, and the underlying "a few bad actors" problem is background noise.

As for Trooper Walker, it doesn't much matter where he fell on the spectrum.  He didn't deserve to die, what happened to him was an awful and tragic crime, and we're all better off for the fact that his murderer took care of his own trial, conviction, and execution.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I believe that the total number of people killed by police, of any race, armed or not, is around a thousand per year. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That's right. This is unarmed.

3 hours ago, TexMex Horn said:

While I agree with many of you about how we react to stories like this. Whether it's an old man killed by teens or a citizen killed while in custody of the police, our perception will steer our reaction. Got it. I agree.

But, I'd like to know how these teens (& others, of course) got here. I'm a pro-traditional family guy. I believe that many of societies ills are result of a dysfunctional family. I'd like to believe that a traditional family upbringing would produce/develop less negative societal denizens.

Some/most might respond, of course that would be better. So, if so, then why aren't we trying to encourage this as a solution?

Prepared to duck. Just my 2¢

Let's have thousands of kids roam the streets unsupervised for a year ... what could go wrong?

But you're correct ... having a father in the household is a considerable stabilizing factor.

Edited by Kyle

4 hours ago, TexMex Horn said:

We all already know why, but the answer would be too CR.

But yes, the benefits of a traditional marriage, 2 parent household should be emphasized over and over and over for several reasons, but isn't.

Came across this important chart the other day, which has been and will be ignored by almost everybody:

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Message Board User said:

But yes, the benefits of a traditional marriage, 2 parent household should be emphasized over and over and over for several reasons, but isn't.

Came across this important chart the other day, which has been and will be ignored by almost everybody:

You've offended like a whole Bunch of people with this post....

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Lower household income correlates with a high percentage of unwed pregnancies? Are we surprised by this for some reason? Or offended by it? And while I expect poverty contributes to the chance of pregnancy outside of marriage, I do note that an unwed household will have one less potential bread winner by definition. So there may actually be a causal relationship the other way for this particular statistic. 

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

Lower household income correlates with a high percentage of unwed pregnancies? Are we surprised by this for some reason? Or offended by it? And while I expect poverty contributes to the chance of pregnancy outside of marriage, I do note that an unwed household will have one less potential bread winner by definition. So there may actually be a causal relationship the other way for this particular statistic. 

Either way...how do we fix it? I just don't see any movement off high center of racial inequality without this being addressed. Its a problem that has to be attacked from both sides. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Ridingtosunset said:

Either way...how do we fix it? I just don't see any movement off high center of racial inequality without this being addressed. Its a problem that has to be attacked from both sides. 

How do we fix poverty? 

Just now, Ridingtosunset said:

How do we fix the family structure in the black community. That won't fix poverty in and of itself. But it would be a damn good start. 

A pretty good start would be to stop imprisoning all the black men for drug offenses. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Agree. How do we change attitudes about education within the black community? I don't see our current method of throwing virtue signals, platitudes, thoughts & prayers, or money at this problem getting us anywhere but status quo. Everyone has to row the boat. And that includes blacks. It has to come from both sides. And both sides can do wayyy better. 

16 minutes ago, Ridingtosunset said:

Agree. How do we change attitudes about education within the black community? I don't see our current method of throwing virtue signals, platitudes, thoughts & prayers, or money at this problem getting us anywhere but status quo. Everyone has to row the boat. And that includes blacks. It has to come from both sides. And both sides can do wayyy better. 

Both sides? What sides are you referring to? What "attitudes about education within the black community" are referring to? What evidence is there that "attitudes" are the problem as opposed to lack of access and the disruption of the family unit caused by high incarceration rates? 

23 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

He appears to be black. Are we under the impression the racist, anti-Asian sentiment is solely the province of the white man? Hasn't the media narrative been that there is a rise in anti-Asian sentiment?