Sports Talk 790 thread

Mez2

Adam Clanton out at 790 in Houston. Not sure why but seems to come as a surprise, I guess. He was always over the top Houston sports fan boi and wonder if that had something to do with it. So much turnover on that station it's hard to keep up with everything. If it wasnt for the Astros and Rockets not sure if that station would still be around. 

I wonder if some of it had to do with his beef with that ESPN chick.  It wasn’t a good look for him at all.  Or maybe he got a better job? 

I don’t mind the station.  Innes is horrible but Koch and Kalu are good. And Matt Thomas is Ok.   Sean Jones is terrible though.  

The beef seemed to stem from last Saturday, when Clanton retweeted Innes’s bad opinion from 2011 about the Texans’ draft selection of J.J. Watt, delivered back when Innes was working for another station, Houston’s SportsRadio 610. On Monday’s show, Innes spent nine minutes talking about his coworker, mocking him with an impression, and saying Clanton was “bought off” by the Rockets to stop criticizing the team and James Harden. Houston Media Watchhas the audio, but here’s a partial transcript:

2 hours ago, Ldogg53 said:

I wonder if some of it had to do with his beef with that ESPN chick.  It wasn’t a good look for him at all.  Or maybe he got a better job? 

I don’t mind the station.  Innes is horrible but Koch and Kalu are good. And Matt Thomas is Ok.   Sean Jones is terrible though.  

i keep hearing about this - what did i miss with that? i actually can't stand AC. 

2 hours ago, Mez2 said:

i keep hearing about this - what did i miss with that? i actually can't stand AC. 

She tweeted something about Harden traveling. He responded.  She basically calls him a local radio hack.  Then he puts her shit on blast as she tweets about #metoo shit in sports media and how men have no clue.  She apparently had auctioned herself on eBay years ago to get a ticket to the Super Bowl to see the Bears. Sexy pics and all.  It was that little stunt that led to her getting attention and ultimately getting into the business she’s in. So he attacks her for being hypocritical and the backlash against him was quick. 

Still don’t know how that dude landed Theresa from 94.5.  

5 minutes ago, WBT said:

Clanton sucks.  All of these hacks acted like baseball didn't exist until last year.

That’s not completely true.  The run in 2015 got people talking about it again.   The reality is they need to talk about what people want to hear. So the bigger picture is that people in Houston didn’t give a shit to talk about the Astros until last year.