If you live in Leander, drive 183 SB, get a flat or 4 in the next few weeks, this is why

crash_davis

About 30 years ago while northbound on Burnet Road just south of the 183 intersection we saw the traffic slow down and scattering around to the right lane. As we got closer I saw a young couple running around in the left lane picking up handfuls of long nails ( at least 3” type). There were three or four open boxes laying out on the pavement, so am guessing they were about the 10lb capacity. Luckily we bailed out of the way without any punctured tires. 

Edited by Armybrat

5 hours ago, Armybrat said:

About 30 years ago while northbound on Burnet Road just south of the 183 intersection we saw the traffic slow down and scattering around to the right lane. As we got closer I saw a young couple running around in the left lane picking up handfuls of long nails ( at least 3” type). There were three or four open boxes laying out on the pavement, so am guessing they were about the 10lb capacity. Luckily we bailed out of the way without any punctured tires. 

I grew up in the neighborhood in the southwest corner of Burnet and 183, so this hits close to home.