2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, Smax said:

Asking my section if they heard the trashcan bangs for that one, silence..

Big bang for sure...when it hit the wall in left center.

4 minutes ago, Smax said:

Bregs would have made that throw, here with an LSU grad, not happy with his sitting

Yordan bomb has to soothe the feelings a little bit, no?

Really I don't mind if Diaz just hits where ever in the lineup with the guy he's replaced.

There are likely only 2 negs on this lineup in Straw and the catching platoon. The other 7 guys can probably hit anywhere in the lineup and it not be a big problem, though I would lean towards Altuve, Brantley and Bregman getting the most ABs when healthy.

6 minutes ago, Scraps said:

It made total sense to just plug and play Diaz and not revamp the whole lineup in game 3 of the season...especially how the first 2 went....but people always freak out about shit

Also perfect lineup construction versus worst conceivable order is worth a couple wins over the season. As long as Dusty doesn’t invert the lineup I would suggest we will be ok. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

4 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

For christ's sake, Dusty...just because Diaz is taking Bregman's place in the lineup doesn't mean he has to bat 3rd.

Give your best hitter the most opportunities to hit. Why is this seemingly so difficult to comprehend?

Ok I'll shut the fuck up about the batting order.