2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

Another off day on Sunday is some dumb bullshit. 

I'm not saying it's never happened before- but in my entire life I can't ever recall that situation... a scheduled off day on Sunday.

If you were ever going to do it then Masters Sunday is the time for it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I'm not saying it's never happened before- but in my entire life I can't ever recall that situation... a scheduled off day on Sunday.

If you were ever going to do it then Masters Sunday is the time for it. 

weird scheduling started a few years ago.  fridays, sundays, i made a big stink about it on this board (or shaggy or whatever).  and i remember spystud or somebody told me i was wrong, and that this type of thing has always happened.

bullshit.  it's all part of the 15/15 league split, constant interleague, and unbalanced schedules.  but somehow it got worse around 2016.

10 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

weird scheduling started a few years ago.  fridays, sundays, i made a big stink about it on this board (or shaggy or whatever).  and i remember spystud or somebody told me i was wrong, and that this type of thing has always happened.

bullshit.  it's all part of the 15/15 league split, constant interleague, and unbalanced schedules.  but somehow it got worse around 2016.

It's only an April thing though isn't it?  Along with off days within series.  It's like they're trying to build in all of this time for snow days or something.

30 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

Used to be you basically almost always knew that you were going to play for sure Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  Like the whole league playing all 5 of those days and then Monday you'd have half the league playing and Thursday you'd have half the league playing.